The david moyes revolution !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:04 am

What is going on with The Toffees that right now they are sitting on top of us in the league table.

With much credit to David Moyes, work ethic is central to Everton's current third placing in the league table. The Toffees are now known to make life difficult for the opposition to play as they play positive football without positive possession.

People may ask what that means. The positive attitude refers to the players excellent attitude and approach to the match despite the lack of big name players.

I would also comment that Everton also undoubtedly plays effective football. This implies that the players have executed the manager's tactics to perfection, preventing the other team from implementing their tactics, much to their fustration.

Once the other team is stripped of possession, the Toffees will play their direct style approach. Lanching counter attacks, Moyes men will make the opposition pay for their loopholes in defence and missed chances up front.

Compared to their last season, this season's conhort knows how to get results. The absence of high profile personalities have helped their cause as these individuals tend to play more for self than the overall good of the team.

Again, Gerrard is the key player for Liverpool. When Gerrard plays, Liverpool plays better. I feel that Everton have overstretched themselves. I don't think they will remain top four. If Everton can keep Gerrard quiet, if they can get a man to shackle Gerrard, Everton will have a better chance of winning. So you can expect Gerrard to be tightly marked. But Liverpool have another trump card - Alonso. Alonso has been displaying excellent performance, slightly overshadowed by Gerrard's display though. Liverpool should watch their defence and do not give away silly balls and fouls.

If Liverpool again show that kind of form, hunger and passion. Captain Marvel Gerrard and the gang will over ride the Toffees, once more...    :)
marcus.c

Postby Paul C » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:29 pm

I'll tell you whats going on, they haven't had any injuries all season including Duncan Ferguson and we've had loads!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:46 pm

Paul C wrote:I'll tell you whats going on, they haven't had any injuries all season including Duncan Ferguson and we've had loads!

To be fair, what is happening is we are in a transitional period, new manager and below average squad, and Moyes is doing an incredible job with Everton. Fair Play to him, he deserves credit.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:04 pm

I'm not doubting Moyes, he has done a great job and I've always said he's a good manager but you also have to look at the luck they have had as they haven't had to chop and change through injury cos he's had his 'full strength' squad all season.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 98-1102854529 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:57 pm

:p  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DAVEY MOYES DAVEY MOYES.. DAVEY DAVEY MOYES
HES GOT RED HAIR BUT WE DONT CARE
DAVEY DAVEY MOYES.

HES A FCKIN GOD
12 POINT CLEAR OF U ******
N SECOND IN THE LEAGUE    HAAAAAAAAAAA

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

KEEP ON CRYING U RED LOSERS ,R HEARTS BLEED FOR YAZ
AND AS FOR GROUND SHARING,GET YA OWN FCKIN GROUND WE WOULDNT SHARE A BUS WITH US SMELLY NORWEIGAN ******
98-1102854529

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:59 pm

Moyes has got one thing goin for him....when Walter Smith takes Scotland to the brink of world domination (don't laugh, the Greeks won the Euros!!!) and retires as a God, Moyes could be the only real challenger Strachan has to takin over. Everton fans beware all ur doin is keepin Moyes busy til Scotland come callin.......:p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:15 pm

blue_santa wrote: :p  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DAVEY MOYES DAVEY MOYES.. DAVEY DAVEY MOYES
HES GOT RED HAIR BUT WE DONT CARE
DAVEY DAVEY MOYES.

HES A FCKIN GOD
12 POINT CLEAR OF U ******
N SECOND IN THE LEAGUE    HAAAAAAAAAAA

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

KEEP ON CRYING U RED LOSERS ,R HEARTS BLEED FOR YAZ
AND AS FOR GROUND SHARING,GET YA OWN FCKIN GROUND WE WOULDNT SHARE A BUS WITH US SMELLY NORWEIGAN ******

Can you actually read Santa?? This was actually a thread saying David Moyes has done a fantastic job for Everton and you show how supremely clever you are and what a massive intellect you have with that genius of a post. Really thanks.

Oh by the way, your last little nugget reads like your callin Everton supporter "smelly Norweigan ******". Not only is this a mindless racist slur, and a really priceless insight into your stupidity, but it really shows how far Everton have fallen as a club that they fail to attract any major international support.

Please do yourself and your club a favour, learn what the game of football is because you are bloody clueless, learn how to post rational and coherent post beacuse it really will help on football forums and last but certainly not least, find a decent English teacher who can tell you what all this little funny symbols on the page mean and how to group them together in order to make a sentence, or to sumb it down for you, LEARN TO SPELL!!!

Bye Bye Bitter Blue
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion