Parker, woodgate & aj? - Rafas revolution takes three lions!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:48 am

Tobin*LFC* wrote:i'll believe it when i see it on liverpoolfc.com. there is no need in making something like this up tho is there i just dont get it lol anyway i would like to see him at the club. :cool:

Personally mate I'd wait until it was on liverpoolfc.tv  :p  :D

I don't believe any of this  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:13 pm

Agree it's probably a load of bollox like most of the transfer talk we here but we all love to speculate.

I've always liked Woodgate - The lad is pure class when fully fit but you do wonder if he will ever be able to live up to his enormous potential. Any fee for Woodgate would have top be heavily dependant on appearances but i would expect Madrid to try and get him fit and playing coz they would stand to lose 8-10 million on the lad were they to seel him.

I wouldn't complain about Parker as replacement for the captain. The lad has a lot of qualities - tenacious, strong in the tackle, decent passer + scores his share of goals (at least he did all this at Charlton). However, i'm not sure Rafa would have been too aware of Parkers' exploits at Charlton and think the he would be more likely to raid his old club for the likes of Baraja (or Albelda).

I was dismayed when we were linked with AJ leading up to the transfer window as i am suspicious of players who bloom so late (whyb didn't his class shine through 5 years ago?) and have not performed year on year. Having seen more of him since then i have to say i have been impressed. He's quick, strong on the ball, his link-up play and movement are excellent but - he needs to do it for another season for me. The money being talked about for a player who has had one decent season (how many has he scored without the pens?) is crazy.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:54 pm

spiralstairs00 wrote:Stories around merseyside recently have taken a more anglican bent. Firstly whispers, so quiet you could hardly hear them of the impending departure of Stevie G & his replacement. None other than Chelsea's Scott Parker(poss swap plus £30million). Another one which I've gotten from three different people is that Johnathan Woodgate will never play for Madrid & is on his way to the Red side of Liverpool for £3million plus the rest of the Owen money, apparentlty he already has property in Southport. Two hungry players al la Bolton. Players that need a new outlook but still have enough quality to play for the reds, not only that but English. A much needed quantity around Melwood. Now the nailed on one. Andy Johnson will replace Milan Baros in the summer. Johnson WILL cost £4million & has already agreed a contract in theory. Baros is leaving & has been leaving for a while. Benitez tried to offload hin in the Jan window but prespective buyers will wait untill the summer. Believe me AJ is already a Liverpool player.   YNWA

And I heard a rumour that Nesta had been prised away from Lazio, to replace Hyppia.  Or was it in my dreams?  LOL

Point is, disregard all rumours, stories, whispers, whatever - until Liverpoolfc.tv post the announcement of the signing.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion