Three years - Rafael revolution

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:19 am

You guy's are crazy. Dalglish and Stapo you poor poor lads.

I hope it's not catching :p cos ive still got my dose from two years ago.. :laugh:
Last edited by mistyred on Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:20 am

yeah, that's the 1 problem wit dudek- hes so dodgy at times(ball through the legs against mancs comes to mind)

Hope your right.

Walk on, with hope in your heart...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:32 am

I too am very optimistic.But.. I wonder if we have the $$$ to buy a few .Maybe Cisse @ 14Million, is all we'll get.
A week ago we were challenging to the title this season.
Today it's a three year plan.Acquisitions are now possible, not probable.I hope somebody hasn't told RB that he must sell a few before we buy anyone, so he's putting the best face on a poor situation...
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby begintoend » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:02 am

I went through a few matches last season having the fear that lfc will be beaten.

It happens that when you see the team coming out on the pitch, they do not possess the look like they want to skin their opponents alive. All our players often look at each other for inspiration. Quite often there was SG who willingly took lead.

The team needs to be fighting hard to win. They must fear losing, not fear our opponents. We do know we have a good bunch of players, especially when it seems to be the most potent strike force. If we have the correct mentallity towards winning every match, we only need one season.

3 years is a safe measure on the success Benitez will bring judging on his calibre. But ever wonder how he did it with Valencia? Benitez brought something to the Valencia players and these players beieve that they were champions. They fight to be champions. And they are champions 2 out of 3 seasons.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:12 am

Rafa will brings his previous impact for spaniard into england.
Ladies & Gentlemen,dun blink your eyes....
Rafa is the best signing of Liverpool excluding our new boy cisse so far.
so pity for the rest 19 team becos there will be a nemesis for u all as we welcome our new strike force triangle 'COB'.

It's time to taste your mouth-watering goal behind the net...
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:58 am

desperado0831 wrote:It's time to taste your mouth-watering goal behind the net...

And I thought subtitles in kung fu movies were hard to decipher.  :D 
Luv it, keep 'em coming son .  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:30 am

Being overly-optimistic, I think that we can see a massive impact in a matter of weeks not years.

the key to success as has been mentioned, is confidence and belief. fundamentally this is reliant on a solid defence, which is what we had about 3 yrs ago when we were raking in all the silverware. the rest of the team at that point was still questionable...but the rule was proved...don't concede goals and you shall go far. This has to be Benitez's number 1 priority.

With the players that have all been mentioned (harry, stevie, owen, baros, cisse to name a few) we have a great basis on which to build, provided the back 4 can hold their end up. Last season was a real example of how not to do it.

with 3 years is Benitez playing it safe in my eyes. My guess (hope) is that Benitez expecting to make an impact directly.

I hope he has the man mgt skills for the job and can instill the confidence back into the back 4 that once was there and counter the destruction of Houllier....(how many goalkeepers did he manage to destroy in his 5 years for a start?).
Homebooby

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:15 am

desperado0831 wrote:Rafa is the best signing of Liverpool excluding our new boy cisse so far.

:D

Neither of them are here a wet week.

We said the same about Houllier, Heskey, Cheyrou, Diouff, Collymore, Ziege, Barmby, Clough, Ruddock, Saunders, Litmannen etc etc etc.

I guarantee we'll be beaten at least twice in the league before the end of September.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll do poorly, but I anticipate a slowish start as the team adapts to the new management team.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby garry hadley » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:49 am

I agree although we maybe won't win the league this year i would'nt want to be out the race by October like last year then out the cups in poor fashion as well. Although i like Henchoz and Hyypie could do with an athletic mobile centre back who's good on the ball and got PACE!! and maybe a creative midfielder/ attacker to provide our impressive strike force. Teams were defend deep against us last season and we didnt know what to do, we kept our tradition of possesion football that just so us keep going sideward and backward like crabs and not probing teams, so we need players who can and do take people on. Joe Cole, Jermaine Pennant look good targets.
garry hadley

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:03 am

Someone I would love to see at Liverpool, and we know ould be interested in the move, is Tomas Rosicky. Seeing him in the Euro championships this year, and from what I've seenof him in the past, this lad could be as good as Pavel Nedved in a few years
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:54 am

Benitez has a three year plan to win the title, eh? How then, Moores and Parry, does this differ to Houllier's five year plan?Or Roy Evans' plan? Or Souness' plan?

If Benitez manages to get Liverpool higher than fourth next season, it will be a spectacular achievement. At least after Houllier, things will get better, but for those who think that we will be up there with the likes of Arsenal come the end of the season, it's time to stop taking the whacky baccy.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:47 pm

redandblue wrote:Benitez has a three year plan to win the title, eh? How then, Moores and Parry, does this differ to Houllier's five year plan?Or Roy Evans' plan? Or Souness' plan?

If Benitez manages to get Liverpool higher than fourth next season, it will be a spectacular achievement. At least after Houllier, things will get better, but for those who think that we will be up there with the likes of Arsenal come the end of the season, it's time to stop taking the whacky baccy.

c'mon man, cant you show at least a little bit of optimism. i thinks its very possible that benitez can improve instantly on 4th and even win a cup as well. hes brought a sense of optimism into the squad, there will be competition for places, we already have a decent squad and benitez will be playing attacking football. so at least let us hope!!
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:49 pm

yeah come on. i think we turned the corner last night! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:59 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Rafael Benitez is hoping to mould his Liverpool squad into Premiership champions inside the next three years. 

maybe hes a liar like GH  :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Voices from Yates » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:42 pm

This is like the L.O.T.Rings movie

The world is changing! Yesterday Biscan was everybody dog to kick.Today RB likes him playing in the middle.
Who knows what will change next!!!!!!
Stay positive, we must expect the odd bad game.
RB hopefully won't make too many excuses about it.
GH got us all gun shy to his explanations (failures to succeed).
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion