Three years - Rafael revolution

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:00 pm

Many of us we're constantly puzzeled as to why a team that looked so strong on paper looked so weak on the pitch. If Benetiz is able to turn the same players + Cisse into real contenders it may finally resolve the arguement as to how good a mgr Houllier was. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:17 am

cheesecakery wrote:

maybe hes a liar like GH  :D[/quote]
I consider the phrase liar is an injustice to Houllier .
Dreamer ,Fantasist ,Idealist but never Liar

.A gentleman in the wrong line of work who was tainted by the bitterness of the press, after all you can not be a liar if you truly are deluded into believing your own fantasies  :upside:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:19 am

Am I bladdered or what ? :D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:18 am

Yes ,afraid so , but I agree with you. :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby desperado0831 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:33 am

houllier is a good manager for me becoz he is good in managing the reds future but last 2 years isn't enuf for him to build up a strong team becoz he's under the pressure and who's gonna stick with him when the team results is getting worst and nobody will care about his health.

We should think bout what houllier had paid for us but not the silver ware we got.

Thank god we've found STEVIE-G.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Voices from Yates » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:24 pm

GH had some bad stuff going with Diouf(10 mill)
But many aqusitions are still here.Daio has gone to the USA but I would have hoped Traore stayed home.
It will be a plesaent surrise if his legacy is some good players... I certainly hope so :
  N.America 2004      23 man squad
J Dudek
C Kirkland
P Harrison
S Finnan
J Carragher
S Hyypia
S Henchoz
D Traore
J A Riise
S Warnock
Z Whitbread
S Gerrard
D Hamann
D Murphy
S Diao
I Biscan
A Le Tallec
V Smicer
H Kewell
M Owen
D Cisse
F Sinama Pongolle
M Baros

[U]
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby long sleeved joe » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:53 pm

i wouldnt want anyone else other than Benitez to take over at Liverpool at this moment and i think he will get us challenging again but i am finding it hard to be optamistic about this season until he actually signs a good 3- 4 more players (as well as Cisse). I agree that Houllier did not get the best out of our players but that should not cover up the fact that in Defence, Midfield and Attack we were way off the pace.  I'm starting to look at teams like Middlesborough and thinking they are gaining on us. In football if you stand still you go backwards so we need to get in these new faces before i can really get excited about kick off time.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:32 pm

mistyred wrote:Why always 3 years or longer? bloody heck at this rate we might all be brown bread before we pick up the league again. :D  :D hope not though don't want the scumers taking our record, hell they are already to close for comfort.

totally agree!

Never mind three years, Benitez was brought in on the basis that he won the league twice in La Liga, and so surely that is the aim!?
I would say we need to be finishing 3rd or second this year and not more than 6 points behind the leaders. Anything else is just not good enough.

But I believe this season will tell us EVERYTHING about what this guy can do. The players he brings in, the tactics, the style of play and results.
What happens if we finish 5th for example, are people gonna say he aint the man for the job??
Im not that excited about the new season yet, until I see some new faces come in.

Youve got to remember, this guy was managing tenerife in 1999 or therabouts, and the players he had at valencia werent that impressive. The La Liga wins might have been down to good tactics or even luck! you never know. This is a completely different league to manage in, and we need some major STEEL in the team and ...........NOW!
72-1090627431

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:32 am

Aimar, Ayala, Baraja, Vicente, Albelda.

are these players not that impressive Hustler??
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:44 am

Yes Hustler they were completly ****** the way they showed us how to play football on 3 seperate occasions! How on earth did they win anything with the shower of s**t they have???
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:34 am

LFC #1 wrote:Aimar, Ayala, Baraja, Vicente, Albelda.

are these players not that impressive Hustler??

Well if they are such world beating players then, why hasnt Benitez Insisted they come with him to anfield to build a winning team here? Just like Mourhinio has brought some players form the lesser porto, ie Ferreira.

If Benitez thought they were that good, they would be here at anfield, and NOW!

The next three weeks will be very interesting indeed. Benitez has already said that you may only have to change one or two things to improve the side. if he sticks by that he obviously aint gonna change that much.

If we dont bring in any new players, what the point of sacking Houllier, cause we are gonna finish the same way next season.
72-1090627431

Postby mynameisred » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:59 am

What did Dowie do at Palace, what did Rafa do in his first season at Valencia. Hustler (word I pull the trigger long) these are just two examples of a coaches ability to get performances way and beyond above the standard you would expect from their respective squads. We have a good team already, we played S.hit all season and finished 4th and it sounds like the players are already feeling the benefits of the Rafa Revolutionin terms in terms of fitness and bonding. I presume you are a Liverpool fan as you spend so much time on here but it would appear that you are not really looking forward to the seasons start. We may have had a couple of really poor seasons but we are clearing some of the dead wood and Im sure when the gaffer knows whats what he will bring in some players that he believes will improve the team. I for one trust his judgement coz how I see it is over the last three years Benitez has won the Spanish league twice beating the worlds so called biggest club with its Rauls Zidanes and Figos. Last season that joker from Manure managed Real and look at the mess he made of their team yet he was quickly snapped up by the scum again Beni has been kicking ****** over there, has kicked our ****** each time we have faced them, won the Uefa and won respect with his style of play. They are real credentials GH had none he was the Graham Taylor of French football, tactically inept but would probably make a really nice grandpa
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:24 pm

forget the 3 year plan
this season we will win the league,fa cup, champions league, worthless cup, charity shield,the boat race, tour de france, super bowl, stanley cup and the world series.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:16 pm

DAV wrote:forget the 3 year plan
this season we will win the league,fa cup, champions league, worthless cup, charity shield,the boat race, tour de france, super bowl, stanley cup and the world series.

so morale is high
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:02 pm

Hustler hows the chips at the Lou Macari Fish bar these days?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion