Anelka caught with carragher's bird!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:45 pm

yeah right!!!!!!

nah on a serious note. there's all this talk of Anelka, and some people are inevitably talking about "the incredible sulk." in my opinion thats a lot of bullsh*t started by the media when he was at Arsenal. there's loadsa footy players who whine well more than Anelka, in fact he pretty much keeps himself to himself and doesnt say much. so i wouldnt hold that against him if he were to sign.

i'm still not 100% on him though. when i heard we might be signing him it was a sort of subdued "yerrrrrse" much like when my nan bought me a Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles video for christmas, but it was baout a year after they'd died out and werent that good any more. "i had to fake delighted response and said something stupid like "ahhh Turtles....i love them." of course i would have been much happier if i'd have had it 2 years ago. sorry nan. somehow i dont thin she'll be reading this messageboard though.

i just think we may be able to get someone better for 8 million or whatever. i'm not sure who though. what do you's think?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:57 pm

I think were missing the natural goalscorer/poacher type player as none of our squad although some good talent are natural scorers

I can see the Fowler argument but he's not the player he was years ago

Earnshaw as BigMick says and I agree although he scored again so WB wont get rid

I reckon Mellor aint good enough and with Garcia, Kewell Baros and Cisse on his return we have good players but we dont have the fox in the box player.

I started off thinking Fowler no way thats a joke but the more I think about it if the price is right etc I am turning round but only if and I mean if Rafa is happy after talking with him and on a game to game basis as has been suggested so if he has everything to lose we know he must be serious about playing here again

I disagree with the he was my hero sentiment as there is no room for that if you want the team to win hence the professional sport tag.

From what Ive seen so far I do think we are lacking the finisher but cant really think of anyone in particular apart from the two Ive mentioned

Oh R Keane but Jim Beam me old mucka there is something about him I just cant stand
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:01 pm

I hope fowler comes back cos I still got a liverpool replica shirt with his name on the back. The p!llock left 1 month after I bought it, only wore it twice since then.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:11 pm

Anelka is the best talent in the Premiership that is available at a half decent price. I would prefer them to get in Mendietta though.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:29 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Anelka is the best talent in the Premiership that is available at a half decent price. I would prefer them to get in Mendietta though.

how would that help our strikeforce problems?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:10 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Anelka is the best talent in the Premiership that is available at a half decent price. I would prefer them to get in Mendietta though.

how would that help our strikeforce problems?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly Jim, how would Mendietta solve our strikeforce problems?  ???

on the anelka pointr Jim, I totally agree, I know quite a few City fans through work and business dealings, and they have said that Anelka has been a model pro. since he has been at the club, never complaining e.t.c. and generally the fans have been over the moon with his aplication and commitment to the team, on a side issue by the way, they are also fully expecting Fowler to come back home in the january sales   :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:15 pm

Mendieta has a long term injury anyway.  :glare:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:20 pm

maximus wrote:on a side issue by the way, they are also fully expecting Fowler to come back home in the january sales   :D

i've heard that the man city fans think this. what is their reasons? do they know something we dont?
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:53 pm

Sorry guys i am going senile - i meant Morientes..
:O :angry: :cool:
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:04 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:nah on a serious note. there's all this talk of Anelka, and some people are inevitably talking about "the incredible sulk." in my opinion thats a lot of bullsh*t started by the media when he was at Arsenal.

What about when he was at Real and psg ???

He had his chance with us and scored a measly 2 goals.

Not for me.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:06 pm

I think Anelka was a good pro at Anfield but Houllier seemed to be afraid of his previous disciplinary problems. This scared him away when faced with a £10m price tag. Instead he bought Diouf   :glare:. It does appear that Anelka has outgrown his attitude problems and he is now a reliable employee. He may well be within out price range but it remains to be seen if he personally is willing to return to a club that showed little faith in him. Despite the management change he may be unwilling to return. I would imagine that his availabilty would see a reaction from a number of top clubs. If I had to take a guess I think Anelka may well head abroad for a fresh challenge.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion