Cody Gakpo – Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:33 pm

Looks like a solid replacment for Bobby.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:16 pm

== EDIT ==

Withdrawing my support for the lad. Simply not up to the task.
Last edited by Reg on Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 am

Uptop we were poor yesterday however must admit Gakpo imo should be moved on in the summer. His an average player that lack quality, agilty.  Fairly slow for a wide man.
New manager "Xabi" needs to find a quality player uptop.

Danns would have potentially done better yesterday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:52 am

Gakpo is the new Ngog.
Feckin' useless, get rid.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 am

He's definitely gone backwards. Not sure if it's lack of gametime or frustration.. but his simple game of holding the ball up and giving 5 yard passes has gone to pot. He over plays every pass! That and the fact he's that laid back makes him look like the laziest player on the field.

I'd get rid of him, and Gravenberch in the summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 am

in the pub and someone shouts 'Gakpo looks like a rabbit in headlights', someone else then shouted 'we need to run over the bstd'

He's gone backwards a long way JDanns looks a far more accomplished option tbh

move him on
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:18 pm

Hang on, stop treating Danns like the Messiah for a start. He's a kid, let's not throw all the expectations his way.
Gakpo is a seasoned international and yes, a whole lot more is expected of him and from him. Tbh, I haven't been convinced from the day we signed him. A cousin of mine who is a regular Anfield visitor and season ticket holder says he's better when you see him real time. I'm not convinced and I don't agree with him. The mad thing is we pulled off a coup - allegedly - when we got him ahead of the filth. I'm really beginning to think they dodged a bullet with him...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:50 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 pm wrote:Hang on, stop treating Danns like the Messiah for a start. He's a kid, let's not throw all the expectations his way.
Gakpo is a seasoned international and yes, a whole lot more is expected of him and from him. Tbh, I haven't been convinced from the day we signed him. A cousin of mine who is a regular Anfield visitor and season ticket holder says he's better when you see him real time. I'm not convinced and I don't agree with him. The mad thing is we pulled off a coup - allegedly - when we got him ahead of the filth. I'm really beginning to think they dodged a bullet with him...

Was no way treating Danns like the messiah Karen. Pipe down sweetheart.

Danns was an attacking option on the bench I'd bring him on over Gakpo. In the few appearances he's had he  has look a lot more likely to improve the attacking options that Gakpo.
jeezaloo
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:59 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:42 am wrote:He's definitely gone backwards. Not sure if it's lack of gametime or frustration.. but his simple game of holding the ball up and giving 5 yard passes has gone to pot. He over plays every pass! That and the fact he's that laid back makes him look like the laziest player on the field.

Have to agree  :nod 
When he first arrived I thought we had a real prospect in him but as you've said he's really gone backwards since his early promise   :(
Gravenberch also doesn't convince me. He's done nothing to give me any faith in him , doubt we'd ever miss him.

Is it just me but does anyone else think we've got some player's like those mentioned above with good technical ability but lack the grit and determination to perform in the Premier League ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:59 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:42 am wrote:He's definitely gone backwards. Not sure if it's lack of gametime or frustration.. but his simple game of holding the ball up and giving 5 yard passes has gone to pot. He over plays every pass! That and the fact he's that laid back makes him look like the laziest player on the field.

Have to agree  :nod 
When he first arrived I thought we had a real prospect in him but as you've said he's really gone backwards since his early promise   :(
Gravenberch also doesn't convince me. He's done nothing to give me any faith in him , doubt we'd ever miss him.

Is it just me but does anyone else think we've got some player's like those mentioned above with good technical ability but lack the grit and determination to perform in the Premier League ?

I’ll take technical ability if they are young enough to learn about the PL which they are. Within a couple of years as they fill out and learn about playing in the PL they could become good players. I think it is too early to write them off.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:17 pm

I don't think the problem is technical ability he's a skillful player, to me he's not mentally strong enough. Mo, Jota are mentally very tough, Diaz and Nunez are less strong mentally IMHO but Gakpo is weaker than all of them in comparison.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:16 pm

Reg » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:17 pm wrote:I don't think the problem is technical ability he's a skillful player, to me he's not mentally strong enough. Mo, Jota are mentally very tough, Diaz and Nunez are less strong mentally IMHO but Gakpo is weaker than all of them in comparison.

I think it’s about confidence and that can be fixed, not having technical ability is what cannot be fixed. I’d bet he will be more confident by the time he is their age
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:27 am

hopefully not with us though, move him on. New manager shouldn't even be looking at him.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 pm

Not a bad player and can certainly have games where he can look good but more often than not must say I'm left underwhelmed.
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 pm

I thought he worked hard against Atalanta
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion