Fulham vs liverpool - Anyone going?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:38 am

is it me or has the last two weeks just dragged on forever? the chelsea game seems like years ago to me. ???

anyway, i'm off down to fulham tomorrow, hoping to see a shot on target away from home for once. if we can't beat fulham, who are average at best, we really are struggling. lets hope we play two upfront.

i'll go fo a 1-0 liverpool win and luis garcia to score. we have to start keeping cleen sheets away from home sooner or later and tomorrow would be a good time to start.

anyone else going?

???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:26 am

after watching some Fulham-matches I would say that they have a huge defencive problem. Yakubu scored a hat-trick in Pompey`s 4-3 win, after terrible defending. Their latest appearance against Crystal Palace, had to cost many nights sleep both for the manager and the defenders.

Not that it should matter, as we imo have got a far better team, both on paper and in real life, than Fulham, but it seems fair to assume that we face a weakened Fulham-side on Staurday:
Andy Cole and Ian Pearce are both suspended,
Legwinski, Lee Clark, Alain Goma, Bonnisel and Claus Jensen are all injured (only Jensen has a chance of recovering in time for the match).

I believe that this could be our opportunity to shake off our rather poor away-start. I sense a comfortable 3-0 win. I hope for a Josemi goal, so that the ones getting on his back on another thread will have to withdraw their statements of him being a mediocre player :)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:43 pm

Lfc.tv reports that Steve Finnan probably won`t be fit to face his former club Saturday.
Any thoughts on who to replace him?

If I got the chance to compose the team, it would look like this:
                     Kirkland
Josemi      Carra       Sami    Riise

Garcia      Alonso       Hamann       Warnock

Cissè            Baros
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:59 pm

apparently, it's our 4000th league game on saturday. better make it a good one.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:37 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:after watching some Fulham-matches I would say that they have a huge defencive problem. Yakubu scored a hat-trick in Pompey`s 4-3 win, after terrible defending. Their latest appearance against Crystal Palace, had to cost many nights sleep both for the manager and the defenders.

Not that it should matter, as we imo have got a far better team, both on paper and in real life, than Fulham, but it seems fair to assume that we face a weakened Fulham-side on Staurday:
Andy Cole and Ian Pearce are both suspended,
Legwinski, Lee Clark, Alain Goma, Bonnisel and Claus Jensen are all injured (only Jensen has a chance of recovering in time for the match).

I believe that this could be our opportunity to shake off our rather poor away-start. I sense a comfortable 3-0 win. I hope for a Josemi goal, so that the ones getting on his back on another thread will have to withdraw their statements of him being a mediocre player :)

One of their defenders is suspended and their main striker is suspended. Their defence isn't as good as you think, they allowed two goals to Crystal Palace. Yes they were a man down but before they were with 10 men Palace outplayed them.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - Games