SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:38 pm

From the internet somewhere

The way Sadio is leaving is truly professional and sets a great example in this degrading transfer atmosphere of today...
He was completely focused on that massive end of season run-up, scored the winner at Villa, equalizer against Wolves, full effort vs Madrid. And at the end of the season, he is quickly moving on without creating a lengthy, fussy salary negotiation drama. Because of that, we have already secured Nunez who will now get a break and full pre-season. Mane will also get a full pre-season and break. And that is perfect for Mane, Nunez, LFC and Bayern.
We saw the ugly departures of Mascherano, Torres, Suarez and Coutinho. We recently saw the ridiculous Mbappe-Madrid saga. We see players haggling over few dollars for months to sign a contract extension. And Mane is breath of fresh air in all this.
Just class and professionalism all the way.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:56 pm

Was a key player for us but he had to leave sooner or later. Good luck to him.

We didn't get what we were asking for though. Only £27m upfront, could rise to £35m. Very low for a ballon d'or candidate, despite his age and contract length. Eden Hazard was of similar age with only one year left on his contract a few years ago and Chelsea sold him for like £100m or something like that. There's no reason why we shouldn't get at least half of that for Mane. He probably won't be earning anything close to what Hazard is getting at RM either. We should have stood our ground IMO, even the £40m we were askig for was too little, and we got even less. Then again, I guess we got tired of letting players go for free.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:21 am

Our chances for more money were probably hurt when Mane said he only wanted to go to BM. Hazzard to Madrid probably included bids from PSG. If only one club was allowed to bid however then the price surely drops. Still, he was a servant to the club and I’m sure we made a lot from him being in the team so he deserves his choice to move on without too much drama.

Great memories with those three so sad in a way that the era is over. Onwards and upwards.

Walk On
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:25 pm

Good luck Sadio and thanks for the memories.

Both Sadio and LFC deserve a lot of credit for the way Sadio’s exit was managed.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:05 pm

All the best Sadio, his been instrumental to our success. Apart from a blip in the covid year he has been consistent. Leaving in respectful terms, legend.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:43 pm

Absolutely love Mane.. he's been instrumental to all the success we've had as a team since he arrived. We are going to miss him dearly.

I think it's perfect timing for him as a player wanting one more payday and us as a club also. I saw a slight decline this season from him.. maybe I'm being abit harsh but his hold up play, first touch, finishing, and dribbling have not been as sharp as previous seasons... and with his age I think his game will slowly decline aswell.

I hope I'm wrong and he has a amazing season at bayern.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:32 pm

He’s deffo lost a yard of pace as well, what shouldn’t be lost is the love and esteem Liverpool fans should have for a man who played a central role in us finally breaking our 30 year title hoodoo and getting to 3CL finals in 6 years.
When he returns to Anfield in the future as a spectator to watch us play he can strut into the players lounge with the air of someone who did the shirt proud.
Sadio Mane is a Liverpool legend.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:10 pm

I don't think it's a coincidence that Mane has left and we've given Salah a new deal.

Clearly we could afford to have two 350k per week players and we made our choice to stick with Mo.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:57 pm

Tbh at 30 I wouldn’t have been that bothered if Mo left as well, like Sadio he is a genuine club legend but all athletes have a shelf life and as a footballer once you get past 30 you are definitely getting on a little bit.
What Mo staying does do though is give us an exciting front line for next season (Mo, Diaz and Nunez with Jota rotating). 3 of our new look front 4 are in their early or mid 20’s so we are lowering the age profile of our forward line which is something we needed to do. Wether this front 3/4 can reach the heady heights the genuinely great Sadio, Bobby and Mo reached is only something we’ll find out in time.
Sadio, Mo and Bobby have taken their place alongside the Rush & Dalglish’s and Keegan & Toshacks etc etc in the pantheon of great Liverpool forward lines, let’s hope Mo can get in again this time alongside Diaz, Nunez and Diogo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:08 pm

What we'd give to have this guy back in the team.

We haven't replaced Sadio and it shows. Jota and Diaz aren't anywhere near the quality of a prime Mane and with Mo probably off to Saundi within the next 12 months it's an area we really need to address. 

Because when Mo goes, so does our last world class forward.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion