Is anyone Concerned ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:01 pm

Reg » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:35 pm wrote:All 20 EPL Clubs Ranked By Net Transfer Spend Across Last Five Seasons: Man Utd Just €79m Behind Chelsea

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/fut ... -5-seasons

City in 16th  :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:31 am

woof woof ! wrote:
He is instinctive and fluffs a lot of his one on ones but has a lot going for him. No doubt with time he will learn to control his emotion and slow time down. Remember we are comparing Mane at 28 and Nunez at 23, that 5 years is huge especially for a player unused to the hustle, bustle and speed of the PL.

He's been with us for a year now, how long will it take before he gets used to the "hustle and bustle" of the premier league ?
He's got a lot going for him, he's a big unit with pace and determination. Unfortunately his finishing v opportunities presented is abysmal.
Sorry lads, had my doubts when we signed him but I still just don't see a fella with any clinical finishing here.
He might do better if we just stick him in the middle of our front three ?
We live in hope .

When Diaz is fit he will occupy LW so if Nunez should go Central.  Need to see him get a run there and hope it clicks.

At the minute he's looking like another Origi to me.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:45 am

Believe it or not, as incredible as it may seem, we can still make top four if we can just string some wins together. there is not a single team other than City and Arsenal that has it locked in. Manure’s injury woes will weaken them significantly and as it was they were over achieving. It could happen if we can just string some wins together. Teams ahead of us dropping points is certain, can we live up to our responsibilities? That is the question.

Monday 17th April
Leeds United
20:00

Saturday 22nd April
Liverpool
15:00
Nottingham Forest

Wednesday 26th April
West Ham United
19:45
Liverpool

Sunday 30th April
Liverpool
16:30
Tottenham Hotspur

Wednesday 3rd May
Liverpool
Fulham

Saturday 6th May
Liverpool
17:30
Brentford

Monday 15th May
Leicester City
Liverpool

Saturday 20th May
Liverpool
Aston Villa

Sunday 28th May
Southampton
Liverpool

We should be able to win all our home games, even Spurs. Issues would be our away matches. Leeds fighting relegation and that could be a banana skin. West Ham could be busy with European football so they will probably prioritize, the only one I really worry about is Leicester away as they are fighting relegation but seem too good to go down, if we can get a head of steam however we could be in a better mental place to fight hard.

It’s up to the players to go out on their shields.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:35 pm

A mate was telling me earlier that out of the last 51 players we signed 21 of them were free transfers, 14 cost under 10 mil, 5 were under 20 mil and 8 were under 40. We had 3 big purchases but 2 of those was funded by coutinho.

The mail is citing Sky as a source for saying that the recruitment team flagged issues with ageing players and blanket contracts back in 21.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... s-ago.html

Klopp on recruitment and how the club works. Even gone as far to admit policy won't change with someone else sitting in his seat.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... ore-target
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:30 am

kazza » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:45 am wrote:Believe it or not, as incredible as it may seem, we can still make top four if we can just string some wins together. there is not a single team other than City and Arsenal that has it locked in. Manure’s injury woes will weaken them significantly and as it was they were over achieving. It could happen if we can just string some wins together. Teams ahead of us dropping points is certain, can we live up to our responsibilities? That is the question.

Monday 17th April
Leeds United

Saturday 22nd April
Liverpool
Nottingham Forest

Wednesday 26th April
West Ham United
Liverpool

Sunday 30th April
Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur

Wednesday 3rd May
Liverpool
Fulham

Saturday 6th May
Liverpool
Brentford

Monday 15th May
Leicester City
Liverpool

Saturday 20th May
Liverpool
Aston Villa

Sunday 28th May
Southampton
Liverpool

We should be able to win all our home games, even Spurs. Issues would be our away matches. Leeds fighting relegation and that could be a banana skin. West Ham could be busy with European football so they will probably prioritize, the only one I really worry about is Leicester away as they are fighting relegation but seem too good to go down, if we can get a head of steam however we could be in a better mental place to fight hard.

If we win ever game then I may believe but I just can't see it mate. We are extremely unpredictable, who knows maybe Diaz the saviour will change our fortunes...hmmm
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:55 am

redshade » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:30 am wrote:
kazza » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:45 am wrote:Believe it or not, as incredible as it may seem, we can still make top four if we can just string some wins together. there is not a single team other than City and Arsenal that has it locked in. Manure’s injury woes will weaken them significantly and as it was they were over achieving. It could happen if we can just string some wins together. Teams ahead of us dropping points is certain, can we live up to our responsibilities? That is the question.

Monday 17th April
Leeds United

Saturday 22nd April
Liverpool
Nottingham Forest

Wednesday 26th April
West Ham United
Liverpool

Sunday 30th April
Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur

Wednesday 3rd May
Liverpool
Fulham

Saturday 6th May
Liverpool
Brentford

Monday 15th May
Leicester City
Liverpool

Saturday 20th May
Liverpool
Aston Villa

Sunday 28th May
Southampton
Liverpool

If we win ever game then I may believe but I just can't see it mate. We are extremely unpredictable, who knows maybe Diaz the saviour will change our fortunes...hmmm

Obviously as a supporter I hope they turn it all around, it makes it hard when you see teams above us dropping points and knowing that if we can just be what we were last year we would make it. What makes it worse is it’s not a lack of talent, it’s a lack of intensity.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:07 pm

Yup lack of intensity, desire and a pair of gonads. So strange how we can "turn it on", if we want to.
I just hope we sign hungry players in the summer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:44 am

write this season off

after 6 years of high intensity most of our players can't keep up anymore

we need some new players this summer
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:07 am

kazza » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:55 am wrote:
redshade » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:30 am wrote:

Monday 17th April
Leeds United

Saturday 22nd April
Liverpool
Nottingham Forest

Wednesday 26th April
West Ham United
Liverpool

Sunday 30th April
Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur

Wednesday 3rd May
Liverpool
Fulham

Saturday 6th May
Liverpool
Brentford

Monday 15th May
Leicester City
Liverpool

Saturday 20th May
Liverpool
Aston Villa

Sunday 28th May
Southampton
Liverpool

Obviously as a supporter I hope they turn it all around, it makes it hard when you see teams above us dropping points and knowing that if we can just be what we were last year we would make it. What makes it worse is it’s not a lack of talent, it’s a lack of intensity.

If we entertain the argument and get the next few results our way things can really get interesting.

Now just focusing on Us, Newcastle and Spurs here.

Currently -:

4-Newcastle 56 pts (30)
5- Spurs 53 pts (31)
8- Liverpool 47 pts (30)

Liverpool Beat Forrest
Spurs Beat Newcastle
Liverpool Beat West ham
Everton Beat Newcastle
Man Utd Beat Spurs

4- Newcastle- 56 pts (32)
5- Spurs - 56 pts (33)
6- Liverpool 53 pts (32)

If Villa and the others win it will looks a bit different but potentially if things go our way we "could" be 3 points off 4th.

LOL anyhow as I said just for argument sake......
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:18 pm

Liverpool FC contract expiry dates for every first-team player
April 20, 2023
Adam Beattie

With a number of senior players set to leave Anfield on a free this summer, when are the current deals of each current first-team player up?

Joe Gomez, Diogo Jota and Curtis Jones are the latest first-team members to commit their futures to the club, with all three now tied in until the summer of 2027.

January signing Cody Gakpo was handed a five-and-a-half-year contract when he joined the Reds earlier in the season, set to expire in 2028.

Stefan Bajcetic and Harvey Elliott have seen their roles within the squad take a step up this season, with both currently locked in for the next four seasons.

Here is the full overview of each Liverpool senior player’s contract expiry date.

Goalkeepers

Alisson – 2027

Caoimhin Kelleher – 2026

Adrian – 2023

Defenders

Joe Gomez – 2027

Calvin Ramsay – 2027

Andy Robertson – 2026

Ibrahima Konate – 2026

Rhys Williams – 2026

Virgil van Dijk – 2025

Trent Alexander-Arnold – 2025

Kostas Tsimikas – 2025

Nat Phillips – 2025

Joel Matip – 2024

Midfielders

Harvey Elliott – 2027

Curtis Jones – 2027

Stefan Bajcetic – 2027

Fabinho – 2026

Jordan Henderson – 2025

Thiago – 2024

Naby Keita – 2023

James Milner – 2023

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – 2023

Arthur – 2023 (loan)

Forwards

Darwin Nunez – 2028

Cody Gakpo – 2028

Luis Diaz – 2027

Fabio Carvalho – 2027

Diogo Jota – 2027

Mohamed Salah – 2025

Roberto Firmino – 2023
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:55 pm

Trent and Konate need tying down to longer contracts
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:41 pm

Once they enter their last 2 years offer a deal and if they ain't signing with 18 months to run then sell.  Under no circumstances should they be allowed to enter the final 12 months. At that point their head is already out the door.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:44 am

Correct, I think if the club makes that standard policy then it would be easier to sell to the players and the supporters.

Some players play out of their skin in the last year of their contract like Salah did and even Suarez and then they let up once the contract was signed. Then on the other extreme you have players like Naby who certainly downed tools with an eye on “saving themselves” for their next team. Regardless, still need to have a policy of sell by 18 months remaining if they don’t sign. It causes disruption in the team and causes losses of millions for the club.

Last year we paid the second highest wages due to bonuses and we are going to lose four midfielders for free and one with a year left on his contract, which could  have netted 50-100 million to the club. Seems strange that a club based on being run sensibly would allow that to happen.
Last edited by kazza on Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:52 am

kazza » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:18 am wrote:Liverpool FC contract expiry dates for every first-team player
April 20, 2023
Adam Beattie

With a number of senior players set to leave Anfield on a free this summer, when are the current deals of each current first-team player up?

Joe Gomez, Diogo Jota and Curtis Jones are the latest first-team members to commit their futures to the club, with all three now tied in until the summer of 2027.

January signing Cody Gakpo was handed a five-and-a-half-year contract when he joined the Reds earlier in the season, set to expire in 2028.

Stefan Bajcetic and Harvey Elliott have seen their roles within the squad take a step up this season, with both currently locked in for the next four seasons.

Here is the full overview of each Liverpool senior player’s contract expiry date.

Goalkeepers

Alisson – 2027

Caoimhin Kelleher – 2026

Adrian – 2023

Defenders

Joe Gomez – 2027

Calvin Ramsay – 2027

Andy Robertson – 2026

Ibrahima Konate – 2026

Rhys Williams – 2026

Virgil van Dijk – 2025

Trent Alexander-Arnold – 2025

Kostas Tsimikas – 2025

Nat Phillips – 2025

Joel Matip – 2024

Midfielders

Harvey Elliott – 2027

Curtis Jones – 2027

Stefan Bajcetic – 2027

Fabinho – 2026

Jordan Henderson – 2025

Thiago – 2024

Naby Keita – 2023

James Milner – 2023

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – 2023

Arthur – 2023 (loan)

Forwards

Darwin Nunez – 2028

Cody Gakpo – 2028

Luis Diaz – 2027

Fabio Carvalho – 2027

Diogo Jota – 2027

Mohamed Salah – 2025

Roberto Firmino – 2023

So certainly we look like we need four midfielders, possibly five with Thiago (six with Firmino). We then have Hendo with two years left so that could be six midfielders that all need addressing. It has to be said that it is terrible planning that they let it get to this.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion