fulham v LIVERPOOL Sat 6th Aug 12.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:49 pm

Well we start off the new campaign on the banks of the Thames at Fulham. Lot of optimism surrounding the club atm after last Saturdays result so hopefully we can build on that. Hope Nunez starts and hope big Ally is back as well.
Andy Madley is the ref.

Alison

Trent.          Virgil.        Matip.           Robbo

Fab

Hendo.      Thiago

Mo.                 Nunez.               Diaz
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:53 pm

Season and "title race" begins here. Let's get off to a good start.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:32 pm

The likes of Arsenal and Spurs have improved a lot lately and although there seems to be a bit of trouble behind the scenes at Chelsea on paper they still have a good squad (Havertz, Kante, Sterling, Koulibaly, James etc) so we need to be at it from week 1. As we found to our cost last year every point literally does count.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:55 pm

I’ve got a strong suspicion that this season is going to be much closer than a lot of pundits suggest. New demanding owners at Chelsea who have already invested a crazy amount of money especially when you consider that FSG bought Liverpool for £300m not that many years ago. The Scumbags new manager will be determined to achieve what all before him have failed to do after Ferguson retired. It is nearly 10 years since they have won the league and they are hurting. Long may it continue. Spurs always fail to deliver but you never know. Arsenal are the same. And just maybe Everton will challenge for the title. Ok now I’m just being downright stupid  :laugh: On a serious note with all the problems that Everton have relegation this year may well be on the cards once again. Having said all that as Yakka has said it is vitally important that we give Fulham a damn good thrashing on Saturday to start off the season in the way that we intend to continue !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 am

I think it will start off tight but towards the end of the season it will be us and City again (freak injury season aside). At the end of the day it is still about players. Chelsea may have spent a lot with a new owner but they lost a lot also. Sterling is similar to Werner in that he runs fast, runs a lot but misses many chances. Defensively they have lost (or will lose) some reliable winners, they will be hard to replace. Tuchel is a good manager but is not likable and I don’t think players Iove him like they do Pep and Klopp. I have read that Chelsea’s new owner is in the process of putting 800 million of debt on the club. Like Chelsea, ManUre have a manager that looks like a bit of a d1ck and they are in a very unstable position, De Jong not wanting to go there is telling, the press will probably hype them all the way though. Spurs and Arsenal will probably start off strong but a lack of depth and experience will see them fall away. It is all about squads with the PL and Liverpool and City have the best two squads by a country mile. I will predict that Newcastle will probably make top 6 and hence start to buy big players and become a top four team, two years and they‘ll be there I think.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:54 am

I think this season is going to be a mad one results wise. Breaking for the world Cup will be a disaster and the 5 sub rule will also affect results. Any team that goes ahead can effectively change half their team. You can replace your entire mid and forward line to hold on to a 1 goal lead. Tactically this is a massive change to the game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Klopp confirmed that we go into the new season with a few injuries which is annoying. From his press conference this morning:

-Alisson is back and will play
-Keita has been ill this week but will rejoin training today
-Tsimikas should be back in training next week
-Kelleher and Jota a “few weeks away”
-Jones is in a protective boot and will not play
-Konate and Ox out for a while. Not clear exactly how long.

Team picks itself with the only question mark is if Nunez starts. Klopp said he is ready but it doesn't mean he'll play. But I'm guessing he will.

Alisson

Trent          Matip          van Djik          Robbo

Hendo          Fabinho          Thiago

Salah          Nunez          Diaz

Subs: Firmino, Carvalho, Elliott, Keita, Milner, Gomez, Phillips, Ramsay, Adrian

Fulham cruised to the Championship title last season playing attacking football and Mitrovic scored 40+ league goals. I can't see Marco Silva lining up with the intention of defending their own box for 90 minutes so wouldn't surprise me to see both teams get on the scoresheet.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Konte injured is a blow but it's also the opportunity Gomez needs to get game time and build his confidence. Go Joe!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:25 pm

Would have liked to see Nunez start but Jurgen knows what he’s doing. COYR.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Well 1-0 down at HT and we are playing terrible. Fulham are up for it and are all over us everytime we get possession. Salah looks like he can't bothered and Bobby isn't being a big enough nuisance to worry the Fulham defenders.

I'd get Darwin on ASAP to try and lift us second half.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Our players seem to be running in treacle and we are second to everything. Get Nunez on, Bobby is just a passenger these days
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Very poor first half against newly promoted but obviously very motivated Fulham. We've looked very disjointed, couldn't string two passes together in some periods. Midfield in particular has been awful IMO and it's getting more and more obvious that that's the area where we're the weakest.

Still time to turn this around though. Nunez will surely come on at some point in the second half, so maybe his introduction can make the difference.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:23 pm

Fulham showing twice the desire than we are, gotta say their lead is deserved.

Hope Jurgen rips into our lads at half time, they all need a kick up the *****   :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:33 pm

They put a lot of effort into that first half, hopefully they run out of steam this half
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Thiago off injured. I half expected this to happen.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games