ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:01 am

He basically rolled his ankle (inversion rotation), I’ve done it probably 6-7 times in my life and it takes about 6 weeks to heal but you will still feel it for 3 months. Once again we find that he is injured and naturally look to his injury record once again, it just seems to happen to him a lot but thankfully it’s not his knee. It’s a shame for him as we need all hands on deck in this second half and since he has not played that much this season would be considered the freshest midfielder along with Keita.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:32 am

Awful timing. Hopefully it is only 6 weeks out.

Thankfully we signed Minamino  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:49 am

Ox is a great squad member when fit. Sadly his past fitness record indicates he can never be relied on for any great length of time.

Move him Lallana, Shaqiri and Lovren on in the summer and get a proper backup for TAA and a reliable CB (in terms of fitness) as back up to Matip, VVD and Gomez. The latter 2 should be our first choice pair moving forward IMO.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:14 am

electrum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:49 am wrote:Ox is a great squad member when fit. Sadly his past fitness record indicates he can never be relied on for any great length of time.

Move him Lallana, Shaqiri and Lovren on in the summer and get a proper backup for TAA and a reliable CB (in terms of fitness) as back up to Matip, VVD and Gomez. The latter 2 should be our first choice pair moving forward IMO.

Problem with that is you're saying sell 3 midfielders and buy a back up to TAA and CB, what about midfield, we would be seriously weakened there.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Boocity » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:14 am wrote:
electrum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:49 am wrote:Ox is a great squad member when fit. Sadly his past fitness record indicates he can never be relied on for any great length of time.

Problem with that is you're saying sell 3 midfielders and buy a back up to TAA and CB, what about midfield, we would be seriously weakened there.

If we end up with an open place for a midfielder I think we should promote Jones. Kid has potential.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:48 pm

I don't think we will be short in MF:-

Fabhino, Keita, Wijnaldum, Hendo , Milner , Curtis and even Minamino at the tip of a diamond/ no. 10 against lesser sides at home.

That's 7 bodies for three spots.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Ox is not going to be sold - been a bit unlucky at times but Klopp rates him so he won’t be going anywhere

Lallana will leave when his contract finishes so will get replaced , Lovren will prob also go

But first team wise just the two

Hoever will be back up for TAA and they will prob get a CB
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:43 am

I don’t think Lovren will go and he has proved his worth this season. Playing alongside VVD he is not as vulnerable.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Out for 8 weeks apparently. Knee injury.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:21 am

He's been injury free since his knee op. Hopefully it's not related to the injury that put him out for 9 months
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:54 am

I think Ox's time with us is coming to and end.

He's no longer good enough to start in our front 3 and won't get the games he needs in the midfield to build the rhythm he needs to find form.

It's shame. But that injury he got in 2018 against Roma really did him in. And I don't think he's ever been the same since.

Would be a good player for someone like Brighton or Southampton.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:57 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:54 am wrote:I think Ox's time with us is coming to and end.

He's no longer good enough to start in our front 3 and won't get the games he needs in the midfield to build the rhythm he needs to find form.

It's shame. But that injury he got in 2018 against Roma really did him in. And I don't think he's ever been the same since.

Would be a good player for someone like Brighton or Southampton.

Ox is a decent player and barring his injuries could have been a mainstay - sadly he is past his sell by date along with:-

Keita
Minamino
Origi

If we can sell all 4 of the above for a total of say 50-60m and get in a genuine AM we will be very difficult to stop.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:05 pm

Agree all the above.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:49 pm

Origi's contract is up in the summer, so he'll walk away on a free.

But I think we should get £60m for Keita, Ox and Minamino
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:29 pm

People talk as though Ox is some sort of lost talent but I honestly think that's just because he was in a little purple patch and scored that terrific goal against City before his horrific injury. He was pretty poor for the a couple of months before he ran into his purple patch and throughout his career he has been inconsistent and failed to nail down a regular spot or any one position.

He's a useful home-grown squad player who is a little different to our other midfielders and can also cover in the forward positions. He's actually put some decent performances for us this season and I don't think Klopp will be pushing him out of the door but he himself might be thinking it's time to move on. He's only missed one game through injury since November 2020 yet he has spent most of the time sitting on the bench. He'll always be a squad player here and having won both the CL and PL maybe he'd be happy to take a step or two down in order to play regular football.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion