Leicester vs Liverpool 20:00, 28 Dec - Amazon Prime

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:56 pm

They've been on lash all Xmas and eating ***** they looked well off pace
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:59 pm

Are these the first team to keep us from scoring? Probably one of the worst defences in the league who have most of their starting defenders out to injury? Man, it was obvious from the start, the players thought they'd win just by showing up. No intensity whatsoever. Probably our worst performance of the season. Goes to show how much that "resting" has helped them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Title over I guess...

Gifted chances but couldn't finish, from Salah peno to Mane sitter.
Leicester played like dogs and deserved the win.
Might aswel focus on the cups now. City could be 9 points ahead by the time we face Chelsea.
Last edited by redshade on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:10 pm

Absolutely rubbish from the lads.. and we could all see the sucker punch coming from a mile away. That midfield without either Fab,Hendo or Thiago is worrying.. there's a huge drop off in quality as soon as one of them don't play.

Ox tries his best but he's had so much wear and tear over the years his body won't let him get to the level he needs to be at.

Naby is finished as far as I'm concerned. He's absolutely petrified of taking any risks and when the tough gets going, he goes missing.

Milner is another who'll die for the club.. but he's too old to pull a result out when we're in desperate need.

We need to sign a CM in January imo otherwise City will run away with the league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:43 pm

We controlled the game for the most part we just couldn't put the effin thing in the back of the net, we then fell for the proverbial sucker punch which tends to happen when you spurn clear-cut chances.
They only played 2 days ago and had a makeshift back line as well which makes this result feel even worse. We have got our work cut out now, any more slip ups and City are out of sight.
I'd love to see us sign someone in the window just to freshen things up, won't bother holding my breath though...
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 am

redshade » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:08 am wrote:Title over I guess...

Might aswel focus on the cups now. City could be 9 points ahead by the time we face Chelsea.

Blimey Red, we're only at the half way point of the season, there's going to be lots of drama between now and the end don't worry.  :laugh:

The midfield under performed, we miss Curtis Jones. At one stage it was like a game of ping pong, there was no midfield. Too many unnecessary passes in front of goal, they should have just gone for it. Keita and Bobby made little impression, just congested the final third of the field even more.

We'll have to have a rethink before Chelsea, we need all 3 points.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:20 pm

Pathetic performance and the loss were down to the allusion Salah about his 500K contract, a doggy keeper was beaten at his near post, clumsy Matip who let the striker pass him without a challenge, and Mane's awful misses, which all won't be missed when they go to play in the African cup!.

Once again we hit the most difficult part of the season and as usual Klopp's team is flopping so fast every season, with six tough games are coming up starting on Sunday!!!  Very bad show, and I hope it won't get worse.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:50 pm

Tommy, you're boring son. Why don't you trot off and buy The Beano.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:42 pm

That was disappointing but you could see it coming. They would have been reeling from the cup defeat and in the manner in which they blew it. They picked up a bit of momentum in the second half against City and carried that into last night where they were always going to get stuck into us which they did.

We have got to have a plan B when we are getting nowhere during games. Both Keita and Bobby were useless when they came on and I'm not even going to start on Milner being the first on when your chasing a game.  Where is Origi gone now ffs ? .

Klopp was very vocal during the week and personally I think he would be better off saying nothing or at least do the moaning when the fixtures are released. The players are on the edge  :laugh:  They get well paid for this so they can suck it up.  The singling out of Burnley and the constant mention of the "14" is wrong as well. They are board matters and should be dealt with by the 20 clubs not the manager.  He is always moaning about the quality of City and Chelseas squads so imaging them being able to make 5 subs and completely change tactically how they play.  We certainly haven't got that luxury and although we are better placed than say Brighton it would put us even further behind the Chavs and City. Our squad is bolstered with poor quality and kids so unless that improves, making 5 subs won't benefit us.

Best for us I thought was Tsimikas and Matip was solid as well. Wouldn't say the league is over for us but failing to take 3 points off Chelsea will leave us with a monumental task of trying to reign City in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Tommy Smith » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:20 pm wrote:Pathetic performance and the loss were down to the allusion Salah about his 500K contract, a doggy keeper was beaten at his near post, clumsy Matip who let the striker pass him without a challenge, and Mane's awful misses, which all won't be missed when they go to play in the African cup!.

Once again we hit the most difficult part of the season and as usual Klopp's team is flopping so fast every season, with six tough games are coming up starting on Sunday!!!  Very bad show, and I hope it won't get worse.

Good Luck Lads

Every forum needs a Clown , Congratulations Tommy you are ours  :) .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:53 pm

Reg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 am wrote:
redshade » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:08 am wrote:Title over I guess...

Blimey Red, we're only at the half way point of the season, there's going to be lots of drama between now and the end don't worry.  :laugh:

The midfield under performed, we miss Curtis Jones. At one stage it was like a game of ping pong, there was no midfield. Too many unnecessary passes in front of goal, they should have just gone for it. Keita and Bobby made little impression, just congested the final third of the field even more.

We'll have to have a rethink before Chelsea, we need all 3 points.

:D  Yup over reaction I know. However if City beat Brentford tonight and we lose against Chelsea then you must admit the chances of overtaking City are excruciatingly slim. Only way then we can win the title is if we go on a crazy run and City drop points here and there. It is hard to compete against a well fueled team like City, pumped with players and oil.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:50 am

Every team has bad moments in a season and I’m not sure City had theirs yet, they started the season undercooked and lost some points but have had a bit of luck since then, I cannot believe they will go the whole season not dropping points so we just have to hang in there or there about and hope it happens. I certainly would not write off the season just yet but we do have it all to do.

As for Klopp’s comments I think it is better to stay away negativity as players pick up on it and start to make excuses for themselves and allow their performances to drop. I played a lot of football in my life (whether professionally or not makes no difference as pain is pain) and I did it for free and the love of playing. I was never getting paid millions or I never had a whole team dedicated to making sure I was 100%. I’m 54 now and my ankles are f.ucked and feel all my other injuries when it rains  :D  but would I do things different? No I wouldn’t because I loved playing football. I just wish managers remind players that they have a dream job and get paid millions for it rather than making them out to be victims. I mean talking about player “welfare” because they play after two days…  :help
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games