All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Reg » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:36 pm wrote:Yeah he told me to mind my own feckin' business.

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:28 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:20 am

https://youtu.be/1A_n8KXRZVE

Not sure where to put it but it is entertaining. The team’s FIFA 22 ratings  :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:47 am

Have you seen the very good documentary on Amazon Prime 'The Three Kings' about Jock Stein, Matt Busby and Shanks? A really good watch about 3 godfathers of football management.

Interesting they discussed the problems United had replacing Busby and how he had to come out of retirement twice as caretaker manager after subsequent managers were fired. Of course Utd had the same problem replacing Fergiebottle who left in May 2013 and 5 managers later, have not only got a very poor OGS in place but are still kicking the can down the road accepting they can't find better.

Klopp will have been manager for 9 years if he leaves in 2024. Will we have the same problem replacing a guy who got so close to the fans?
LFC had a seamless transition replacing Shanks and Paisley because of the bootroom system and we could achieve that again if LFC appoint Pepijn Linders as boss. Ideally we need Kloppo to take a years sabbatical and leave his coaching team at Anfield then get the German national coach job with team included.  It worries me that people think SG and Gary McAllister are capable of taking over from Klopp and co.

We need to start the succession planning as the first job the new guy will have is to replace Mo, Bobby and Mane...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Klopp is pretty special. An exceptional leader. We should cling on to him as long as possible as it's almost certain that we'll face a degree of turbulence when he leaves as there isn't another Klopp out there.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Reg wrote:Have you seen the very good documentary on Amazon Prime 'The Three Kings' about Jock Stein, Matt Busby and Shanks? A really good watch about 3 godfathers of football management.

Interesting they discussed the problems United had replacing Busby and how he had to come out of retirement twice as caretaker manager after subsequent managers were fired. Of course Utd had the same problem replacing Fergiebottle who left in May 2013 and 5 managers later, have not only got a very poor OGS in place but are still kicking the can down the road accepting they can't find better.

Klopp will have been manager for 9 years if he leaves in 2024. Will we have the same problem replacing a guy who got so close to the fans?
LFC had a seamless transition replacing Shanks and Paisley because of the bootroom system and we could achieve that again if LFC appoint Pepijn Linders as boss. Ideally we need Kloppo to take a years sabbatical and leave his coaching team at Anfield then get the German national coach job with team included.  It worries me that people think SG and Gary McAllister are capable of taking over from Klopp and co.

We need to start the succession planning as the first job the new guy will have is to replace Mo, Bobby and Mane...

Whoever takes over is going to have a job on there hands coming in after Klopp.  I agree SG and Co are no where near ready for the job but I fear its FSG who will need convincing. 

If the new guy has to replace the front 3 then they will be worth nothing and we won't spend 150mil in one window up front.

If he does go in 2024 after 9 years what would posters think if he left only winning what he has up to this point ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:59 am

I hate the term transition ,but when Klopp eventually leaves its a word we will have to throw into the conversation again. I don't think it matters what he achieves from now till then after removing the monkey from our backs in winning the Premier League ,but I'm confident we will be in a healthier position than when he arrived. I believe the man has a genuine love for this club and its fans and will be determined to leave after garnering a glut of trophies and a squad that will make the next man who takes the reins job discernibly easier. I'd confidently say that if you asked me now who would replace him ,I'd say there is no one with the qualities of Klopp out there ,but maybe by the time he leaves there will be a special manager on the scene just as driven as Klopp to succeed ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Getting that title was massive and while we added a CL and the 2 bonus cups I personally would be disappointed if that is all we ended up with after having one of the best managers in the world for practically a decade.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:10 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:25 pm wrote:Getting that title was massive and while we added a CL and the 2 bonus cups I personally would be disappointed if that is all we ended up with after having one of the best managers in the world for practically a decade.

This is the crux mate ,Jurgen is undoubtedly the best manager in world football and he's accomplished this on the back of his exceptional man management and tactical acumen. I don't think any Liverpool fan will enter into debate about whether he's been backed in a financial sense ,because he simply hasn't and certainly not to the extent his caliber and standing in world football should demand. I think when he leaves we will be left ruminating over just how good his tenure could have been without continually being left standing with just his ***** in his hand at the close of every transfer window.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:36 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:10 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:25 pm wrote:Getting that title was massive and while we added a CL and the 2 bonus cups I personally would be disappointed if that is all we ended up with after having one of the best managers in the world for practically a decade.

This is the crux mate ,Jurgen is undoubtedly the best manager in world football and he's accomplished this on the back of his exceptional man management and tactical acumen. I don't think any Liverpool fan will enter into debate about whether he's been backed in a financial sense ,because he simply hasn't and certainly not to the extent his caliber and standing in world football should demand. I think when he leaves we will be left ruminating over just how good his tenure could have been without continually being left standing with just his ***** in his hand at the close of every transfer window.

More money has been spent under Klopp than any other manager in our history - broken records for GK and defender and around £560mil has been spent

If a club spending that level of money isn’t being backed then what is ?

He isn’t “continually left with his whatever in his hand” at the end of every window - he continuely shows and says that he is happy but still some just ignore what he says

He isn’t ever going to be the manager of the likes of City and Chelsea and even United - spend spend spend is just not how he works

Right now it’s prob the hardest it’s been to win trophies in my lifetime - and Klopp is at the club because he wants to be here and is fully involved in the way the club works - his tenure will be reflected on where the club was when he took over to the journey he went on to when he leaves.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:43 pm

Yes we've spent money but we've also recouped a fair bit back as well
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:12 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:10 pm wrote:

I will say that he is not a “buy the best player out there” manager like Maureen or Pep, I think Klopp likes to build teams and holds team unity/chemistry as a pillar of his managerial style. We don’t have any party animals in the team, most of our players are G rated and I think Klopp chooses good personalities first and foremost, and many times they don’t come with big price tags or egos.

I bet you if he was offered Messi or Ronaldo he probably wouldn’t want them, publicly he’ll say they were great players but privately I’d bet he wouldn’t want them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:50 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:43 pm wrote:Yes we've spent money but we've also recouped a fair bit back as well

Is that not part and parcel of running a club properly and not being held up by loans , debt or oil money
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:46 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:43 pm wrote:Yes we've spent money but we've also recouped a fair bit back as well

Is that not part and parcel of running a club properly and not being held up by loans , debt or oil money

I don't recall, United, City, Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid ever being motivated by selling players to generate funds. Nor Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Reg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:46 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:50 pm wrote:

I don't recall, United, City, Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid ever being motivated by selling players to generate funds. Nor Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea...

Barcelona - huge debt , can’t even register players due to their poor finances
United - debt
Real Madrid - bank rolled by local government
City - oil money
Chelsea - billionaire but now sell players and use money to buy
Spurs - loans and debt
Arsenal - government loans
Munich  - huge income but still balance the books

So which model do you want ? Debt ? Loans ? Spending more than we earn ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion