LIVERPOOL v fulham Sun 7th Mar 2.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:01 pm

We are top at Xmas we have Gomez and VVD out for the season and Matip incapable of playing 3 games in a row. Jurgen was promised reinforcements in the January transfer window but we continued to keep playing key players out of position to fill in a gap instead of investing.

That's took its toll on 2 of our key midfielders in Hendo and Fabinho who have suffered in that role and both have picked up injuries.

The mess was caused by the tight a55es at top at not investing when it was needed and now we're paying the ultimate price.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Santa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:56 pm wrote:Wow...just wow. Those (especially those experts in Facebook) who rediculed me when I mentioned that we should invest at the position of strength...I hoped you're happy now

Our idea of investing from a position of strength was buying Minamino and Van Den Berg for about £11m for the pair of them I think. Even this year, we find ourselves in the midst of a huge defensive crisis and where do go to solve it? The championship and the bottom of the Bundesliga. As I said in an earlier post what Jurgen has done at this club is nothing short of miraculous, I’d love to see Guardiola work under those constraints.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Exactly.. Its annoying that we can't be there to show klopp that we all still support him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Quicker this season finishes the better regroup couple new signings big players back and full Anfield be completely different
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:27 pm

We're in the pooh.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:42 pm

Embarrassing... this is relegation form. Not to worry though, I'm sure Lallana in Pyjamas will come along to prove that everything's still all fine and dandy with his graphs and charts.
Franky000

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Franky000 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:42 pm wrote:Embarrassing... this is relegation form. Not to worry though, I'm sure Lallana in Pyjamas will come along to prove that everything's still all fine and dandy with his graphs and charts.

I don’t believe anyone has suggested everything is fine and dandy but I’m also not going to act like an Everton fan and start throwing out the toys when things aren’t going well
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:26 pm

By comparison, the Filth have 8 shots today. 6 on target. Same possession as Fulham had, and they still win 2-0.
WTF lads???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Just can't wait for this season to finish, who would've thought 6 home defeats on the trot. Fortress Anfield has been breached and levelled.

A UCL miracle is our only hope, ha, doubt that though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:58 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me if we got knocked out on Wednesday tbh, Red Bull are a good side, they got to the semi’s last year and our confidence is so fragile if they get the first goal I can see our @rses going. If the likes of Fulham, Brighton and Burnley can beat us they certainly can. Two goals would be enough to take it to pens.
That first goal is going to be so crucial, whoever gets it will probably go through.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:59 pm

redshade » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:44 pm wrote:Just can't wait for this season to finish, who would've thought 6 home defeats on the trot. Fortress Anfield has been breached and levelled.

A UCL miracle is our only hope, ha, doubt that though.

Shhh, it's the only thing giving some of us hope at this stage  :down:

I still harbour the (admittedly irrational) belief that we can win it...
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:39 pm

redshade » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:44 pm wrote:Just can't wait for this season to finish.

I’m the same, just want it to end now so we can regroup in the summer and hopefully sign some quality players.
I honestly couldnt care less what happens with us now, I honestly don’t care wether we get through to the next round of the CL or whatever because there is no way on earth that we are winning that competition this season, we’ve scored 2 goals in our last 9 home games and every team we play against wether that be one of the big boys or relegation fodder gets in behind our backline like it’s nothing.
The only things I care about now are City winning the CL and Everton finishing in the top 4, I just pray to god neither of those things happen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:40 pm

The decline has been alarming. Injuries yes but we shipped 7 at Villa with a full side, something not right behind scenes. We are like a rocket that flew to the moon in record speed but exploded on the way back. Ultimately FSG are in control and zoom meets with Klopp will be heated. I am concerned because we have a history of resignations and Klopp himself walked away from Dortmund after a disastrous season. Something has to give, you can't dwell on the past for too long. Squad looks done for mentally and physically, maybe Kloppo is too.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:00 am

We have been kind of off it since we lost against Watford. However, saying that we were top of EPL on December though. I guess that period it could be because title was more or less sealed.

The players look lost, I rated Mane very high last few seasons and performance wise he was more consistent than Salah. The lads just look lost, dejected.

I think we will finish 8-10.

Just hope we get past Leipzig somehow and make something out of UCL.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 am

There was a lot of calls to see players dropped and today Klopp finally did it but it only highlights why he can't or shouldn't. They aren't good enough full stop even with a crowd behind them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games