Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:23 am

Ready when you are Kloppo to buy a new CB.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:30 am

Reg » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:23 am wrote:Ready when you are Kloppo to buy a new CB.....

:bowdown
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:20 pm

The fact we haven't already done something suggests bringing in a CB might depend on a sale. Both for finance and the fact we have the maximum number of non home grown players so will need to free up a space. Origi is the obvious one as he's the spare man now that we have Jota, Shaq, and Minamino.

Also need to take into account the new work permit rules as a consequence of Brexit which might slightly narrow our options.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:35 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 am

Alaba would be a good signing. Unfortunately we need him now and not in the summer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Yeah but the lad's 28, he's a short term fix.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Isn't Alaba leaving Bayern because they haven't offered him enough money? He's probably on huge wages as it is, doubt we'll go for him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:41 pm

If we want a short-term option who has Premier League experience, has worked with Klopp before, and is available, then Sokratis from Arsenal is worth a look. His contract expires in the summer so a loan deal where we take on his wages for the rest of the season might appeal to Arsenal. He’s not a world beater but it’s better than moving another midfielder to CB or playing a youngster who isn’t PL quality. Wouldn’t stop us from trying to bring in a long-term option too but that player is likely to be from abroad and would need months to settle.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:19 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:27 am wrote:Yeah but the lad's 28, he's a short term fix.

Not sure why a 28 year old CB is considered a short term fix Reg. Many top CB play into their mid 30's . E.G. Hansen, Hyppia and Carragher were all still turning out for us aged 34/35.

In fact, the more I think about it, in terms of physique and experience I'd say at 28 a CB is only just approaching their prime.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:51 am

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:19 am wrote:
Reg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:27 am wrote:Yeah but the lad's 28, he's a short term fix.

Not sure why a 28 year old CB is considered a short term fix Reg. Many top CB play into their mid 30's . E.G. Hansen, Hyppia and Carragher were all still turning out for us aged 34/35.

In fact, the more I think about it, in terms of physique and experience I'd say at 28 a CB is only just approaching their prime.

That is correct
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am

Been linked today with 20 year old Lens defender Loic Bade. I've never really seen him play, but his YouTube highlights look very impressive. He looks intelligent, he's quick, he looks good in the air standing at 6'3 and his contribution looks solid.

The only thing that would worry me is that he jumps into alot of tackles.. I told City fans that Ruben Dias would be "Otamendi v2" because of how aggresive he is.. But Pep seems to have controlled that side of his game and it looks like City have got a little gem, Hopefully this kid could be one for us too.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 pm

Window has nearly been open 2 weeks and apart from West Brom bringing in Snodgrass for a nominal fee and Man Utd completing the signing of Amad Diallo they had agreed in the summer, there has been nothing of note for incoming transfers in the Premier League. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG and Juventus have also done nothing. Because of COVID and the ongoing lost revenue I think this will be the quietest window football has ever seen.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 am

Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:57 pm wrote:Window has nearly been open 2 weeks and apart from West Brom bringing in Snodgrass for a nominal fee and Man Utd completing the signing of Amad Diallo they had agreed in the summer, there has been nothing of note for incoming transfers in the Premier League. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG and Juventus have also done nothing. Because of COVID and the ongoing lost revenue I think this will be the quietest window football has ever seen.

Those poor agents, how are they going to fuel up their private jets and yachts
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 pm

NEWS: Liverpool did hold talks with Alaba’s camp last year, in part for comparative purposes as they worked on a deal to sign Thiago.
The pair were in a similar situation: high earners, pedigreed top achievers, certain to exit Bayern with their contracts running out.
While Alaba's skillset is appreciated by Liverpool, he is understood to be too small - his height is 1.8m in comparison to Van Dijk (1.93m), Matip (1.95m), Gomez (1.88m) - and not strong enough aerially for their requirements at centre-back.
Liverpool's defensive crisis has been impeding their offensive play and there is an acceptance and understanding that it is a risk not to make a move this month - not for a lack of trying.
(Melissa Reddy)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:49 am

Linked today with a £40m move for Udinese attacking midfielder Rodrigo De Paul. Having watched him a few times he plays very similar to the Ox, which probably suggests Klopps patience is running thin with Ox's terrible injury record.

De Paul has the ability to get stuck in, is very gritty, and likes to take players on.. Something we miss when Keita isn't playing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill