Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:05 pm

UvS xR4GEx wrote:
De Paul has the ability to get stuck in, is very gritty, and likes to take players on.. Something we miss when Keita isn't playing.

Keita hasn't played near enough games for us to be missing anything  :laugh:

We just have to accept that Ox and Keita aren't cut out for the level we need to maintain if we want to keep adding silverware. They are the players supposed to be challenging for starts and ensuring we have quality to bring on but the reality we are presented with is the complete opposite. It wont improve so time to accept it and get what we can for them.

If your car broke down as much as they did you would have binned it long ago.  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:29 am

red till i die!! » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:05 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx wrote:
De Paul has the ability to get stuck in, is very gritty, and likes to take players on.. Something we miss when Keita isn't playing.

Keita hasn't played near enough games for us to be missing anything  :laugh:

We just have to accept that Ox and Keita aren't cut out for the level we need to maintain if we want to keep adding silverware. They are the players supposed to be challenging for starts and ensuring we have quality to bring on but the reality we are presented with is the complete opposite. It wont improve so time to accept it and get what we can for them.

If your car broke down as much as they did you would have binned it long ago.  :nod

The signs were there for ox, it is not like we couldn’t see his injury record at Arsenal. Keita is maybe just unlucky as I didn’t think he was like that before but I am disappointed in his overall impact so far. Ox had a couple of brief moments of good play but overall, has been disappointing also.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:12 am

kazza » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:05 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx wrote:

The signs were there for ox, it is not like we couldn’t see his injury record at Arsenal. Keita is maybe just unlucky as I didn’t think he was like that before but I am disappointed in his overall impact so far. Ox had a couple of brief moments of good play but overall, has been disappointing also.

What gets me is how much we have paid the two of them since they signed and it became obvious they're mega injury prone.

Einstein reportedly said: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
It's the same at Anfield: waiting months for an injury prone player to get fit and imagining it isn't going to happen again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:31 am

Are we really going to consign Fabinho to centre half for the rest of the season.  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:17 am

NEWS: Jurgen Klopp has revealed he was denied a centre-half in this transfer window. Klopp was blunt about the lack of backing, saying he recommended the urgent capture of a defender but the matter was taken out of his hands by financially prudent owners.
(David Maddock - Mirror)

Found this on Facebook
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:21 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Strictly business on this highly emotional sports .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:46 pm

kazza » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:17 am wrote:NEWS: Jurgen Klopp has revealed he was denied a centre-half in this transfer window. Klopp was blunt about the lack of backing, saying he recommended the urgent capture of a defender but the matter was taken out of his hands by financially prudent owners.
(David Maddock - Mirror)

Found this on Facebook

:no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:50 pm

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... er-targets

I know he's frustrated but I'm delighted he came out and said it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:35 pm

When you look at our net spend over the last 5 years and what Jurgen has achieved I’m absolutely flabbergasted they could knock him back, not just Liverpool fans I think everyone in world football was expecting us to bring in a CB in January.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:02 pm

We could have tried to bring in someone on loan at least..
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:38 am

Jurgen is probably feeling as low and disillusioned as he has ever done in his time here. The players and owners may be letting him down but it’s important the fans don’t. We need to get behind him big time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:27 am

The fans are and will be behind Klopp. 

Klopp would have someone in here on the 1st if it were up to him. Lovren should have been replaced and now Edwards faces a bigger problem in the player he signs has to be able to start for us. That will increase the price which again causes more problems. The player Klopp wants might be interested but the structure of any deal could be its downfall before it even gets off the ground.

FSG using the Rhona as an excuse is just them not wanting to spend. Virg and Gomez have been gone ages and Klopp has tried to balance it out which did work for a bit but now its coming apart. They need to do something quick as time is running out. A good signing will boost morale and the league is not gone by any means. Win our next 6 and we will be either top or right in the mix. The CL is in a few weeks also so if they don't do something we could be heading out of that as well. Only way I could see us missing out on top 4 is if Fabinho gets injured which again emphasises a greater need to sign someone.

Surely every single fan can see that Klopp is sharing every bit of the pain we are this season. He will continue to fight on best he can but if you haven't got the tools to do it you wont get the best job.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:12 pm

I honestly think the league has gone mate, if City win their game in hand they’ll be 7 points clear which will take a bit of clawing back in itself, but when you also factor in that 7 of our next 11 games are against Tottenham, City, Leicester, Everton, Chelsea, Wolves and Arsenal I can only see that gap widening.
Given we’ll probably have a 7 point deficit to make up, unless City collapse realistically speaking we’ll probably have to win every one of those games which I don’t think we’ll do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:47 pm

What has been one of the biggest strengths to this side is the ability to put together a run of wins. 

I know we have a tough run coming up. We can beat Spudz, West Ham and Brighton. A point off City or even 3 if we hit form and then that leaves leicester before Leipzig. Get to the Cl game having taken 12 points from those games and we will be up there. None of the others will go unbeaten till the end of the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill