Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:55 am

If COVID  is going to be this much of an issue then the authorities should stop the season right now before anyone really gets going. I know Everton fans won't want that but come on, teams are going to play each other with depleted squads, it'll be like league cup games every weekend.

End it now and resume after Xmas if it's cleared up a bit.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:23 am

What about the irresponsible stupidity of allowing the internationals to go ahead?  Which rocket scientist thought that was a good idea...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Definitely think the internationals should have been stopped. Most teams would have had 20 odd players meeting up and god knows how many Airports they individually went through. Given the times we are currently in its nothing short of stupid.

Don't think the league should be suspended at all. With no fans present Football cant be blamed for spreading it so it should continue as it's the highlight of many peoples week, who are actually staying home and limiting their social contact.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:14 am

Okay so when we start getting battered by lower league teams because we can only field 8 first teamers you'll be good with that? Or when at the end of the season Man City or worse still EVERTON win the league and Liverpool finish 9th because during November/December they only fielded 6 first teamers and every man and his dog steamed them you'll be ok with that because it's the highlight of the week?

Personally I'd rather be a miserable b@stard because all football is suspended and play with a full team  than be miserable because we're getting tonked every week!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:41 am

leeroy74 wrote:Okay so when we start getting battered by lower league teams because we can only field 8 first teamers you'll be good with that? Or when at the end of the season Man City or worse still EVERTON win the league and Liverpool finish 9th because during November/December they only fielded 6 first teamers and every man and his dog steamed them you'll be ok with that because it's the highlight of the week?

Personally I'd rather be a miserable b@stard because all football is suspended and play with a full team  than be miserable because we're getting tonked every week!

We have had 4 players test positive so far. Mane and Thiago are the two that matter and they will be fit for Saturday. That just leaves Naby and Shaq who wont be far behind. Hardly worth shutting down an entire league for now is it.
Other clubs will also have to deal with their players contracting this as well, City and the Bitterz are included in that too unless they have some kind of vaccine they are keeping secret and sharing it with the other clubs in a conspiracy against us. Maybe we should get it called off altogether and that way we can retain it by default.

What wouldn't be great is 2 months off on top of an already congested fixture list. Will it be suddenly gone by December ? No it won't and we will still be in the same position where a couple of players could test positive. What then ?. Call it off altogether and give the TV money back and furlough the players.

None of the clubs will want a suspension to the game because of the losses associated with it so will be doing their best to shield the players as much as they can. If they do this then there should be minimal disruption to the squad at any one time.

We all have to live with these restrictions in some form or another and personally I think its fooking great that we have a chance to watch our team play at the weekends and soon to be during the week as well but I bet that your a miserable BST anyway Lee  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:07 am

great response . almost managed to respond without an insult but then it slipped out at the end.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:13 pm

Just to clarify, Shaq doesn't have the virus, he played for Switzerland two days ago. Only Keita has it atm.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 am

Apparantly Keita doesn't have the virus, he's picked up yet another knock!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:26 pm

Reg » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 am wrote:Apparantly Keita doesn't have the virus, he's picked up yet another knock!

Why am I not surprised  :laugh: .

Anyway with Virgil out for a bit it surely means we have got to bring in one in January. We gambled in the summer hoping something like this wouldn't happen and now it has we have got to have something lined up. Fabinho can rotate with Matip and Gomez which should see us through the next 10 weeks or so till January.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Reg » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 am wrote:Apparantly Keita doesn't have the virus, he's picked up yet another knock!
I'd be tempted to offer Leipzig a straight swap Keita back and we take Dayot Upamecano.

If not we might aswell trigger Upamecano's release clause of £42m.

My first choice would obviously be Koulibaly, but no way would Napoli sell him mid-season unless they're out of every competition.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:45 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2 ... expand/amp

UEFA are putting forward proposals to change the champions league from 2024.  One is a 36 team league with whopper prize money and the other will be a similar system to what is already on the go but with extra groups. Heard a few on the radio talking about it as well and they were saying that the prize money for the CL will be reduced over the next few seasons.

I personally hope this never gets off the ground.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:37 am

UEFA wants to take over football mate. The Big Six plan was to reduce the EPL from 20 to 18 teams - to make room for more CL fixtures?

FIFA want to expand the world cup into a bigger tournament with growing demands on players and clubs.
UEFA will then expand the european championships to rival the world cup, hence already letting in countries like Kazakstan, Armenia etc...

So we shrink the league, do away with the League Cup and Charity Shield etc.. it's called preparing the field.

It's all been planned for years mate , my wife used to work for uefa and their desire to be bigger than FIFA was already being actively persued 15 years ago. They're just very careful when they announce changes.

Edit: something else I've just seen...   
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:55 am

You just know that behind any idea floated these days will be the principle that the big clubs should take more of the pie.
They should just leave the game alone, their greed is going to ruin it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:28 am

It sure is Yakka, another coincedence that FSG are looking to merge with Billy Beane's rabble working to float LFC? Suddenly it seems the fans have truly lost touch with the club. Time to brush the dust of Spirit of Shankly (SOS) the fans need a voice and to be part of the process going forward in this critical time for LFC.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:00 pm

I just don’t want to be left behind and new concepts always get criticized in the beginning. The CL as it is was criticized when it changed to this format but as we can see it is a good product. I dont know what the future will be but I hope we are in the thick of it and we make the right decisions now that will cement our place as an elite team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill