Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Keita off to AC Milan? Seems to be building a head of steam...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:16 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm wrote:Keita off to AC Milan? Seems to be building a head of steam...

If true I cannot see them paying that much, they seem like bargain basement buyers compared to Inter and Juventus
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:51 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisis ... start/amp/

Looks like he's been touted as our new signing for next season!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:40 pm

I like Naby. I think he's good enough.  Just been unlucky with injuries. Besides. AC Milan will expect us to pay them to take him and then pay his wages for the next 15 years.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Few rumours doing that rounds in Spain and Germany that we have an interest in Thiago Alcântara of Bayern and that they are looking for 35mil Euros. He's 29 so would be the exception that proves the rule in terms of the age profile we normally target. Has a year left on his contract so could be that his agent has put it out there to put pressure on Bayern to up their offer.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:06 pm

Apparently he likes us as a club so I suspect all this interest is being drummed up at his end in the hope that it plants a few seeds and sparks something off this end, cant see it happening though, at first glance he looks too old/expensive for an FSG signing plus even if the age/price was right I’m not sure he works hard enough for Klopp anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:44 am

Can't remember where I read it, but a lot of the reasons we're not active in the transfer market stems from the financial issues our owners have with their American sports teams, not solely due to LFC. surely then other clubs are in the same boat, meaning the Chavs having millions to spend on Werner is a bit questionable? Or City again talking about spending millions this summer too?
Yes these are unique times but when you hear Thommo and other ex players saying you "have" to reinforce from a position of strength then it makes sense to make the investment?
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:48 pm

Not letting success go to our heads and reinforcing from a position of strength is how we stayed at the top for years and FWIW I actually do think we need to bring one or two in, IMO it’s going to be extremely tough to back the last 2 record breaking seasons up with a third record breaking season without strengthening the squad.
The type of consistency that we’ve shown over the last 2 and a half years both domestically and in Europe takes its toll on players, what they are doing and have done is extraordinary, like once in 130 years type extraordinary so we shouldn’t fall into the trap of thinking this is going to be the norm from now on.
Saying all that the club did the right thing re the furlough situation in the summer and have been laying out millions of pounds every month without bringing any revenue in, if they don’t spend I can understand why.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Seemingly we have a couple of scouts at the German cup final tonight. Wonder who they might be checking out, and if anything at all might come of it.
Reading the BBC commentary, Havertz has set up a few gilt edge chances only for strikers to fluff them...
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:43 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:44 am wrote:Can't remember where I read it, but a lot of the reasons we're not active in the transfer market stems from the financial issues our owners have with their American sports teams, not solely due to LFC. surely then other clubs are in the same boat, meaning the Chavs having millions to spend on Werner is a bit questionable? Or City again talking about spending millions this summer too?
Yes these are unique times but when you hear Thommo and other ex players saying you "have" to reinforce from a position of strength then it makes sense to make the investment?

The owners other American teams have nothing to do with Liverpool - the club is self sufficient. There is the potential that we could be losing over £100mil because of the coronavirus.

And Chelsea haven’t spent for 18 months and have money burning in the pocket from the sale of Hazard and Morata
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:43 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:44 am wrote:Can't remember where I read it, but a lot of the reasons we're not active in the transfer market stems from the financial issues our owners have with their American sports teams, not solely due to LFC. surely then other clubs are in the same boat, meaning the Chavs having millions to spend on Werner is a bit questionable? Or City again talking about spending millions this summer too?

The owners other American teams have nothing to do with Liverpool - the club is self sufficient. There is the potential that we could be losing over £100mil because of the coronavirus.

And Chelsea haven’t spent for 18 months and have money burning in the pocket from the sale of Hazard and Morata

Think you might want to check that comment about their other teams...
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:37 pm wrote:Seemingly we have a couple of scouts at the German cup final tonight. Wonder who they might be checking out, and if anything at all might come of it.
Reading the BBC commentary, Havertz has set up a few gilt edge chances only for strikers to fluff them...

Havertz scored a consolation peno right at the end.
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:12 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:58 pm wrote:

Think you might want to check that comment about their other teams...

Why ? Liverpool FC is totally independent from their other teams , the club is self sufficient and funds stay within the club so if the owners baseball or racing teams have funding issues that has nothing to do with Liverpool.

If Liverpool don’t spent it will be because of the finances within the club and right now because of the uncertainty with the level of losses from the pandemic. The owners are acting sensibly right now
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:37 am

We didn't really spend in the last two transfer windows. It will be tough next season with the same squad but I don't believe we will spend big in the summer, the owners will be watching how this pandemic affects the game next season. If things seem to get back to normal we may see something in Jan if things aren't going to plan on the pitch
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:58 pm

We have gone through quite a few windows without doing business since klopp arrived which is why the man deserves his own statue at the gates.

We need to strengthen and need to be securing top targets because we will be up shyte creek should some of our own top players decide it's time to move on. Salah, mane and Bobby could very well come to a conclusion that they have won it all here and it's time for a new challenge.  I doubt we will lose all 3 but I have a feeling we will lose at least 1.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill