Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:40 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:Have to admit he doesn't look anything special to me, even his YouTube video's aren't much kop which is saying something.
I think it's the price that has probably attracted us, sign him for £7m and sell him a year or two later for £20m like what we did with Solanke.
Hopefully we'll set our sights a bit higher next time.

To be fair Yakka, when Salah was playing at Roma he wasn't really setting the world on fire.

You can almost compare the same reservations we had with Salah that you have at the moment with this kid.

I think a lot of us thought Salah was going to be nothing more than a "handy squad player" to rotate with Bobby, Mane, Origi, Sturridge and Ings.

This could work out in the same brilliant way it did with Salah, and if it doesn't what have we lost?

Let's just have a bit of faith in Klopp on this one and hope he kicks on if we have signed him already.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:59 am

I hear Everton are talking to Corbyn, he'll be available by the end of the day.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Reg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:59 am wrote:I hear Everton are talking to Corbyn, he'll be available by the end of the day.

What an incredibly crass comment. Under Cameron this city saw a 60% cut in its budget which had a devastating effect on services for the elderly, children, homeless etc and the clown that got voted in last night has already got previous for slagging off this place, that's without even mentioning the other **** Thatcher and the damage she did.
The 2 stadiums are in the ward where I live, it voted overwhelmingly for Corbyn yesterday (85%). The average for the city was about 77% and that's including the more affluent area's. You clearly aren't aligned with this city politically and indeed given your comment, and knowing what happens to this city when the conservatives are in power, you seem to take some sort of pleasure in seeing the people of this city suffer.
If someone ever asks you who you support make sure you don't leave the 'football club' suffix off the end when you say Liverpool because you sure as hell don't support Liverpool the place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:14 pm

eds » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:40 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:Have to admit he doesn't look anything special to me, even his YouTube video's aren't much kop which is saying something.
I think it's the price that has probably attracted us, sign him for £7m and sell him a year or two later for £20m like what we did with Solanke.
Hopefully we'll set our sights a bit higher next time.

To be fair Yakka, when Salah was playing at Roma he wasn't really setting the world on fire.

You can almost compare the same reservations we had with Salah that you have at the moment with this kid.

I think a lot of us thought Salah was going to be nothing more than a "handy squad player" to rotate with Bobby, Mane, Origi, Sturridge and Ings.

This could work out in the same brilliant way it did with Salah, and if it doesn't what have we lost?

Let's just have a bit of faith in Klopp on this one and hope he kicks on if we have signed him already.

No that's a fair comment, and I wasn't keen on Mane (or Lovren) either and wanted Markovic so I'm not pretending to be a professional football scout. What I would say though is that Salah scored a lot of goals in Italy which is a far stronger league than Austria.
We'll soon get to find out what this lad is all about i guess, one decent thing is that he turns 25 next month so he's smack bang at the start of his footballing prime, it's not one of those where we sign someone at 20 and have to wait 4 or 5 years for them to come good, this lad, in theory at least, is good to go now. Another positive is that he is quick, I am a big fan of quick players, Alan Hansen famously said that the only thing which scared him on a football pitch was genuine pace so at least the lad has got that going for him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I personally think this signing will turn out to be a stroke of genius (bear in mind I did once tip Bruno Cheyrou to be the next Zinedine Zidane.)

He fits perfectly into our system and his typical japanese 'do or die' attitude will be appreciated by the fans as he buzzes about the pitch like a pokemon on crack. Our opponents will now have something else to think about with him being an unfamiliar face compared to the usual front three.
Franky000

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Reg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:59 am wrote:I hear Everton are talking to Corbyn, he'll be available by the end of the day.

What a surprise from a Tory boy - I have no doubt that you aren’t from the city

Go and check the result for the city and that will tell what the city feels about your Tories *****
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:35 pm

If there ever is a member that really needs a sh@g and a spliff  Lallana is the one :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:41 pm

kazza » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 pm wrote:If there ever is a member that really needs a sh@g and a spliff  Lallana is the one :laugh:

:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:18 am

Yakka/Lallana, I replied in the general discussion section.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:52 pm

After today the Austrian league stop for their winter break. Minamino should have the medical in the next few days and be with us as soon as the window opens on 1st Jan.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Anybody heard anything further about Minamino's proposed medical ? (i.e. when it's scheduled to take place). I'm wondering if they're waiting until Jurgen gets back fron Qatar.

Meanwhile from "This is Anfield" an interesting article regarding Minamino and how he might contribute to the team.
clicky ---> https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/12/h ... lahs-role/

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:38 am

It's official Woof, he's a Red.   :kungfu:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... i-minamino
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:45 am

Great news - he must be buzzing...joining the holders of the european cup and within 5 months he'll be lifting the premier league title
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:35 am

This one is starting to do the rounds across the interwebs

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/12/3 ... rtner/amp/
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill