Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Outstanding bit of business
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Seems like a shrewd bit of business..what have we got to lose for that fee? Seem to remember him giving van d a bit of a hard time on one or two occasions in the first leg
Franky000

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Yup, great move. Not that it wasn't expected in all honesty, he was fantastic against us at Anfield, it would have been strange NOT to go for him.

What I do find weird is his ridiculous low price. That's peanuts these days, I mean we sold Solanke for £20m!

All in all, great bit of bussines if it happens. Edwards at it again!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:08 pm

... Aside from the couple of games against us, I know less than eff-all about the lad. Pretty sure most on here are in the same boat. I'll have to Google for stats etc but I would assume Klopp has done his homework.
Not sure where he would play - he's a forward, but is he a valid alternative to the three amigos? Does he score much?
Either way, I reckon in the same way that other clubs have tapped into a passionate fan base in Asia, buying a Japanese player will pay for itself in shirt sales alone.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:27 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:08 pm wrote:... Aside from the couple of games against us, I know less than eff-all about the lad. Pretty sure most on here are in the same boat. I'll have to Google for stats etc but I would assume Klopp has done his homework.
Not sure where he would play - he's a forward, but is he a valid alternative to the three amigos? Does he score much?
Either way, I reckon in the same way that other clubs have tapped into a passionate fan base in Asia, buying a Japanese player will pay for itself in shirt sales alone.

Think he's a like-for-like replacement for Bobby. But his pace will make him useful across the entire front 3.  Still can't believe we're picking up him up for so little.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Have to admit he doesn't look anything special to me, even his YouTube video's aren't much kop which is saying something.
I think it's the price that has probably attracted us, sign him for £7m and sell him a year or two later for £20m like what we did with Solanke.
Hopefully we'll set our sights a bit higher next time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Thought he was the best player on the pitch in the game at Anfield.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:31 pm wrote:Have to admit he doesn't look anything special to me, even his YouTube video's aren't much kop which is saying something.
I think it's the price that has probably attracted us, sign him for £7m and sell him a year or two later for £20m like what we did with Solanke.

I’m really glad you have zero input into our scouting because you appear to not have a f*cking clue

He is a quality player who is following the exact same path as Mane did but this time we are getting him before he goes to a big club and also getting him cheap because of a release clause

You were wetting yourself over players like Fernandes and I suspect it was more to do with him having a big price tag

If this lad was being bought for his value - £30-35 mil I have no doubt your response would be far different

One day you may trust that Klopp knows what he is doing but I doubt it
Last edited by Lallana in Pyjamas on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:07 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:31 pm wrote:Have to admit he doesn't look anything special to me, even his YouTube video's aren't much kop which is saying something.

I’m really glad you have zero input into our scouting but you appear to not a f*cking clue

He is a quality player who is following the exact same path as Mane did but this time we are getting him before he goes to a big club and also getting him cheap because of a release clause

You were wetting yourself over players like Fernandes and I suspect it was more to do with him having a big price tag

If this lad was being bought for his value - £30-35 mil I have no doubt your response would be far different

One day you may trust that Klopp knows what he is doing but I doubt it

Does your mammy know you're on the internet again?
Hope you don't throw tantrums like that in kindergarten every day
:laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Minamino looked brilliant in both games against us. He's quick and can change direction in a heartbeat.. He was giving our defenders nightmares faking to go one way then going the other.

No one knows how he'll adapt to the EPL.. But he looks very similar to Bernado Silva in style of play.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm wrote:Thought he was the best player on the pitch in the game at Anfield.

You watched a different game to me then, Salzburg looked very ordinary except for a 20 minute spell either side of half time where they scored 3 quick goals, once we recomposed ourselves we were all over them again. They did look dangerous going forward but that wasn't really down to any one man, and let's face if there is a jewel in their attack/crown its Haarland.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:41 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:42 pm wrote:Minamino looked brilliant in both games against us. He's quick and can change direction in a heartbeat.. He was giving our defenders nightmares faking to go one way then going the other.

No one knows how he'll adapt to the EPL.. But he looks very similar to Bernado Silva in style of play.

No way is he as skilful as Silva, from what I've seen of this lad he just gets his head down and runs like that lad United got from Swansea. Everyone has got an opinion I suppose, mine is we saw his buy out clause and thought we couldn't really lose at that price. If he doesn't work out we can do a Solanke and sell him on for a tidy profit plus we'll no doubt shift a fair few shirts in Japan, call me cynical but that's what I reckon the clubs thought process was on this one.
I don't see him being good enough to take Mane or Salah's place in our best XI.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:51 pm

I was actually at the Anfield game so I definitely watched the right game. We struggled against Minamino. Especially in the 2nd half when he was more central. He stuck out like a saw thumb.

The only time I have seen either Minamino or Håland play are the game at Anfield where I was in the stadium and the game in Austria which I watched on TV. Thought Håland looked very average on Tuesday and Minamino comfortably outperformed him.

We generally buy first team players from one of the other big 5 leagues so it's a big challenge for Minamino to take the step up from the Austrian league but from I've seen he's got every chance. And clearly Klopp agrees.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:41 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:42 pm wrote:Minamino looked brilliant in both games against us. He's quick and can change direction in a heartbeat.. He was giving our defenders nightmares faking to go one way then going the other.

No way is he as skilful as Silva, from what I've seen of this lad he just gets his head down and runs like that lad United got from Swansea. Everyone has got an opinion I suppose, mine is we saw his buy out clause and thought we couldn't really lose at that price. If he doesn't work out we can do a Solanke and sell him on for a tidy profit plus we'll no doubt shift a fair few shirts in Japan, call me cynical but that's what I reckon the clubs thought process was on this one.
I don't see him being good enough to take Mane or Salah's place in our best XI.

Lol who claimed he was better than Mane or Salah? Are we even trying to find players to replace two of our top players and goalscorers?

To me he looks more of an attacking midfielder who can also play in the front 3. Maybe a long term replacement for Lallana who will also provide better cover for the front 3.

We monitor 100s of players and track them for years. I'm sure he's someone who we have monitored for a while and it wouldn't be surprised if the game at Anfield convinced Klopp that he is at a high enough level and now is the time to go for him.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:23 pm wrote:
Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm wrote:Thought he was the best player on the pitch in the game at Anfield.

You watched a different game to me then, Salzburg looked very ordinary except for a 20 minute spell either side of half time where they scored 3 quick goals, once we recomposed ourselves we were all over them again. They did look dangerous going forward but that wasn't really down to any one man, and let's face if there is a jewel in their attack/crown its Haarland.

I recall the day we played Salzburg at Anfield and I thought damn this Minamino is a handful and also a few friends messaged me how good the guy was against us. Hell, even a few posters on here said that we should consider signing the guy after that match. I don't know about other games he's played but that guy became known in world football after playing us, so you're definitelly wrong about him not standing out against us yakka.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill