Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm

Given Matip's and now Joe Gomez's recent good form alongside the big fella I'll be surprised if we spend £65m on another CB, Joe was probably our best player against Wolves as he was against Flamengo too.
i think if we were planning on going down the marquee CB route we would have pulled out all the stops to sign Matty De Ligt last summer.
Thanks for the heads up though, there does seem to be a fair bit of chatter about this fella, there's even welcome to Liverpool type vids on YouTube!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:12 am

If this is happening it will be time to say Adios to Lovren- what could we get for him , maybe 20m?
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:27 am

Yeah, not sure we need another CB, I'd rather we spend that money elsewhere. However, Klopp might feel that 3 of our 4 CBs are just too unreliable with their proneness to injury and also a lengthier injury to van Dijk potentially causing major problems isn't a risk he's willing to take.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:36 pm

As we have seen over the past  4 years - how many of these rumoured signings have we actually bought - the first time we hear of a player who is actually being looked at is when there is confirmed interest by an actual bid or from a reliable source

So for me this is just paper talk
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:36 am wrote:As we have seen over the past  4 years - how many of these rumoured signings have we actually bought - the first time we hear of a player who is actually being looked at is when there is confirmed interest by an actual bid or from a reliable source

Ever wondered why this topic is called "Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you"   ?  :glare: 

Until it's confirmed everything is just "paper talk" and rumour   :p

Shouldn't stop us having a bit of fun with it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:06 pm

electrum » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:12 am wrote:If this is happening it will be time to say Adios to Lovren- what could we get for him , maybe 20m?

Eh, Lovren will be 31 in the summer with 1 year left on his contract.
We couldn't find any takers at 15 million last summer so my guess is 8-10 in the summer.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:08 pm

As we really haven't spend any REAL money over the past few years(thanks Coutinho)
I have a hard time seeing us spend over 50 million on a player unless we sell someone.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:43 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:00 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:36 am wrote:As we have seen over the past  4 years - how many of these rumoured signings have we actually bought - the first time we hear of a player who is actually being looked at is when there is confirmed interest by an actual bid or from a reliable source

Ever wondered why this topic is called "Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you"   ?  :glare: 

Until it's confirmed everything is just "paper talk" and rumour   :p

Shouldn't stop us having a bit of fun with it.

Fun = good

It’s when people start to throw their teddies about when a player who is “rumoured” to be signing doesn’t arrive

Only have to look at the reaction when we didn’t sign Fernandes- despite it being nothing but rumours with no basis

What it does show is how much better and clinical in the Transfer market we are
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Every summer since Klopp has been here he has taken someone from one of the relegated teams. I wonder if there is anyone playing for the teams at the bottom table Klopp likes the look of.

16/17 - Gini Wijnaldum from Newcastle
17/18 - Andy Robertson from Hull
18/19 - Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke
19/20 - Harvey Elliott from Fulham
20/21 - ???

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:07 pm

It’s when people start to throw their teddies about when a player who is “rumoured” to be signing doesn’t arrive
Only have to look at the reaction when we didn’t sign Fernandes- despite it being nothing but rumours with no basis
What it does show is how much better and clinical in the Transfer market we are

Jeez ! , mate, take the lemon out of your mouth and try having a laugh !
If people throw their teddies because a rumour was nothing more than just a rumour, why is that a problem ?
Surely all of our supporters are allowed to express their hopes, joy or disappointment when a rumour turns out to be nothing more than that ?

Do however agree with your last statement, our transfer activity is indeed "much better and clinical", would also add, it's now far more secretive than most clubs !
That's probably why we get these sometimes off the wall "rumours" !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:51 pm wrote:Every summer since Klopp has been here he has taken someone from one of the relegated teams. I wonder if there is anyone playing for the teams at the bottom table Klopp likes the look of.

20/21 - ???

There's Aarons, Cantwell and Amadou from Norwich and if villa go down wouldn't mind Grealish.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:33 am

Cool Hand Luke » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:51 pm wrote:Every summer since Klopp has been here he has taken someone from one of the relegated teams. I wonder if there is anyone playing for the teams at the bottom table Klopp likes the look of.

20/21 - ???

Pogba from Man United!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:31 pm

With Brewster going on loan to Swansea, Glatzel injured for the season, Bobby Duncan gone to Fiorentina, and Liam Millar on loan for the season at Kilmarnock, we're short on strikers for the U23s. So a useful signing who at 21 will bring a little experience to the U23s.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Mario Götze has just announced he's leaving Dortmund in the summer. Looks like his contract isn't being renewed, with injuries and illness limiting his first team football.

Looks like his career in the top flight is over. Shame, if he came here in 2016 I think Klopp might have turned him around.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill