JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:21 pm wrote:My bad
He's scored one goal a year in all competitions since 2015
:;):

Wrong

Again check your facts

And he isn’t a goalscoring midfielder - I’m sure we didn’t point fingers at Masher for not scoring
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 pm wrote:He puts a shift in no one would doubt that but in order for this team to progress we need to find midfielders who have a similar workrate but are better on the ball. To be fair Keita seemed to tick all those boxes but he's been here the best part of 18 months now and still hasn't managed to nail down a place in the starting XI.
Btw it was Henderson's first goal at Anfield in 4 seasons which is a pretty shocking stat given the amount of games he's played in that time.

Why is it a shocking stat ? He isn’t a goalscoring midfielder- did you say it was shocking when Masher only scored 2 in 140 games for the club

What’s this “in order to progress we need “ ? He has shown himself to be exactly what the manager wants in that role depending on opposition
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 pm

What are you on about?

Mascherano was a proper DM, like Fabinho is now.

You clearly don’t understand football if you are suggesting Henderson is. He often plays in a box to box role to help the other two CMs out, but he simply doesn’t score enough goals because he side foots his shots over the bar almost every time he shoots.

The lengths which you defend him is truly embarrassing. Henderson epitomizes why our club hasn’t won the league in 30 years, not good enough but tries really, really hard.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:23 am

eds » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:28 am wrote:Henderson epitomizes why our club hasn’t won the league in 30 years, not good enough but tries really, really hard.

We've had 200 players in that category sadly.......  :down:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:22 am

eds » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 pm wrote:What are you on about?

You clearly don’t understand football if you are suggesting Henderson is. He often plays in a box to box role to help the other two CMs out, but he simply doesn’t score enough goals because he side foots his shots over the bar almost every time he shoots.

The lengths which you defend him is truly embarrassing. Henderson epitomizes why our club hasn’t won the league in 30 years, not good enough but tries really, really hard.

Henderson is not a goalscorer- never has been and people using goals to slag him off are just trying to find ways to be critical of a player who the manager sees as key to the team

Klopp is the best manager in the world - in the four years since he arrived one player is still in the heartbeat of the team - Henderson ,

why if internet fans like you with your extensive football background and a cv littered with trophies can see he isn’t good enough does Klopp continue to play him week in week out , why after each transfer Window is he still here , why does Klopp keep him as skipper

The manager has created the best team we have had in 30 years , winning the CL , only been beaten to the league by the best team in Prem history and Henderson is smack bang in the middle of it being the heartbeat of this team

So who is wrong - Klopp or you ? Because one of you has to be wrong
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:05 am

Hendo isn't a bad player and does the kind of job that the manager wants his midfielders to do, but for me he is the weakest link in our starting 11 and the first player that we should improve on.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:43 am

Henderson’s biggest crime is that he isn’t Gerrard - in both as a player and some would say as a captain , one poster constantly compared the midfield we have now to the one we had with Xabi and Masher but what did we win with them - nothing

It’s always about the sum of all the parts - the team , the 20 players together as one and right now with the best team we have had since we last won the league , there will be players in the team that aren’t as good as some players we have had over the past 30 years but each one of the current lot are who the manager wants to do the job that he sees what is required to win titles and right now he is showing us that he knows what he is doing

If Henderson wasn’t good enough do to the job Klopp wants do we really think he would have him in the squad let alone in the starting line up every week and with the captains armband

There is an interview around from VVD and he tells exactly the respect that Henderson has from the whole squad and how Henderson is right in the middle of all the good - there always more Skillful players , players who will score more from midfield, create more but they will never give more to the team and the club that Henderson does for the manager and his team mates

And yes I will defend him to the hilt because the man has earned the respect and he gets it from tbe anfield crowd when he plays and he has earned the respect of the best manager we have had since Kenny in the 80’s/90’s
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:53 pm

In ten years time how will Henderson be remembered?
Hopefully as someone who won the Champions League and the Premier league at least once as captain of LFC. Some will say he was a great servant to this club and that his record speaks for itself, after all, why would a manager as brilliant as Klopp have picked someone to be his skipper if he didnt have total faith in his ability?
I for one, wouldn't argue with this as its a fact that he is the captain of LFC and has the full backing of our manager. However, to some of us he is lacking in certain departments which results in criticism of his ability. I have said often that we need things that he cannot offer, the ability to create and score more goals for example. I would not compare him to Gerrard and dont hold it against him that hes not, but if he was more creative and scored more goals he would get less criticism from the likes of me. I want whats best for LFC and I believe that there are better players than Henderson who could play for us in order for us to be more successful. His passion and commitment are second to none and I could never and would never question that, only his lack of skill and confidence as a player which frustrates and disappoints me.
That aside, I have to defer to Klopp as knowing far more than me about football and, as he seems to believe that Henderson is an integral part of his team, I can only disagree up to a point. If we win the PL with Henderson as captain, then I cannot and will not  question Klopp's judgement ever again.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:22 am wrote:

Henderson is not a goalscorer- never has been and people using goals to slag him off are just trying to find ways to be critical of a player who the manager sees as key to the team

Klopp is the best manager in the world - in the four years since he arrived one player is still in the heartbeat of the team - Henderson ,

why if internet fans like you with your extensive football background and a cv littered with trophies can see he isn’t good enough does Klopp continue to play him week in week out , why after each transfer Window is he still here , why does Klopp keep him as skipper

The manager has created the best team we have had in 30 years , winning the CL , only been beaten to the league by the best team in Prem history and Henderson is smack bang in the middle of it being the heartbeat of this team

You’re flogging a very dead horse Lallana. Unfortunately Eds is incapable of ever accepting that he might just be wrong. His abuse aimed at the owners is legendary and he still believes that he was right !! He still refers to Rogers as the snake oil salesman and conveniently ignores what he achieved at Celtic and what he is currently achieving at Leicester. His mind set is no different when it comes to Henderson. How quickly people forget how good it felt on the 1st June watching Henderson raise up the Champions League trophy !! Supporter my ***** !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:43 am wrote:Henderson’s biggest crime is that he isn’t Gerrard - in both as a player and some would say as a captain , one poster constantly compared the midfield we have now to the one we had with Xabi and Masher but what did we win with them - nothing

It’s always about the sum of all the parts - the team , the 20 players together as one and right now with the best team we have had since we last won the league , there will be players in the team that aren’t as good as some players we have had over the past 30 years but each one of the current lot are who the manager wants to do the job that he sees what is required to win titles and right now he is showing us that he knows what he is doing

If Henderson wasn’t good enough do to the job Klopp wants do we really think he would have him in the squad let alone in the starting line up every week and with the captains armband

There is an interview around from VVD and he tells exactly the respect that Henderson has from the whole squad and how Henderson is right in the middle of all the good - there always more Skillful players , players who will score more from midfield, create more but they will never give more to the team and the club that Henderson does for the manager and his team mates

And yes I will defend him to the hilt because the man has earned the respect and he gets it from tbe anfield crowd when he plays and he has earned the respect of the best manager we have had since Kenny in the 80’s/90’s

I don’t actually disagree with your assessment of Klopp valuing Henderson for the quality and traits that he has, a powerful runner / chaser and obviously someone that gels well and leads the rest of the team. Klopp worked wonders at Dortmund with a few of these players in the same mould, I would be surprised if you could even name a few of them.

My gripe is with his technical ability or lack of, which pretty much summarizes why when we do struggle to break teams down as he is also at the heart of the problem, which you simply can’t deny.

How clever (and childishly pathetic) you are comparing me to Klopp? Bravo, a simple argument for such a simple person. Answer me this then, why has Klopp substituted him the MOST out of any of our players this season if he is so unfullablille as you emotionally bleat on about? Could it be that he has many limitations as a player? Especially when Klopp needs to change his game plan? Glaringly obvious to all except you.......

But for some absurd reason you seem to think that a person who tries really hard with little ability gives a “lot more” than a person who is technically better. It’s a very strange and dim witted view of life, so I really can’t argue with such idiocy.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby eds » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 pm

devaney » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:48 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:22 am wrote:

You’re flogging a very dead horse Lallana. Unfortunately Eds is incapable of ever accepting that he might just be wrong. His abuse aimed at the owners is legendary and he still believes that he was right !! He still refers to Rogers as the snake oil salesman and conveniently ignores what he achieved at Celtic and what he is currently achieving at Leicester. His mind set is no different when it comes to Henderson. How quickly people forget how good it felt on the 1st June watching Henderson raise up the Champions League trophy !! Supporter my ***** !!

It’s strange that a lot of people felt the same way about the owners in the first 6-7 years of their tenure here, yet you weren’t as vocal with them as you have been with me. Are you reminding us all on the mistakes they made before Klopp or trying to point something else out? I was wrong on the owners having the ability to bring in Klopp and start a majestic few years under him, so I don’t know where this “never accepting I was wrong” business comes from? Nice try tho. But I was also right on predicting Klopp turning this clubs fortunes around, pretty much days into his appointment. Oh that’s right you forget about that one, cos it didn’t fit your “I’m a sad sack” narrative that you once also had about me ;)

I don’t rate Rodgers and winning the same trophies that Celtic had won in the previous years he was there does nothing to convince me that he is a good manager. I think he has had a good run with Leicester, but will he able to maintain in for the rest of the season is another question altogether.

As for Henderson lifting number 6, good on him. Despite his lack of technical ability he does give everything for this club as Lallana points out time and time again, and with Klopp’s ingenuity he has finally been rewarded with a massive trophy. The league beckons next........

eds

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Don't always agree with Eds BUT the fella does know a "Snake Oil Salesman" when he see's one    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Outstanding yesterday despite being a bit under the weather

That cross for Mane was just world class
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm wrote:Outstanding yesterday despite being a bit under the weather

That cross for Mane was just world class

Thought he was anonymous first half, in fact he was pi$$ing me off because he always seemed to be a yard behind City's players, chasing them without ever catching them.
Second half he was much better, he was probably enjoying his best spell of the entire game when he took him off. Agree about the cross it was a great cross, made even better by the fact he hit it on the run right by the corner flag with the dead ball line approaching fast, it wasn't one of those where he had time to stop and tee it up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:57 am

Hendo will probably go down as being one of our best, least appreciated captains ever.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion