JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Same old story.

When the going gets tough Henderson keeps rolling....backwards and side wards.

We had the funds to go and buy a true box to box central midfielder and somehow still have this guy starting week in week out.
Last edited by eds on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:55 am

You could also say 'When the going gets rough Henderson slows things down by rolling....backwards and side wards'.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:35 am

I think now we are a world class side is is obvious where we need to improve, Hendo and probably Gini, all other players will be hard to improve on. At least Hendo is getting subbed more now so clearly Klopp is aware and will probably be next to be upgraded.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 pm

The obvious question is why the fu'ck is he starting games only to be subbed off because he is clearly not good enough??
Loyalty? Maybe fear of losing face because he captained us to champions league winners?
Totally outclassed by most if not all our players in each position
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:49 pm

4-1
Coincidence?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:50 am

Played 9 won 8 and drawn one with Henderson in the team - coincidence

I would have expected all this nonsense to have stopped after last season but I guess some need to have a crutch.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:

I would have expected all this nonsense to have stopped after last season but I guess some need to have a crutch.

:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:23 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:14 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:

:upside:

:eyebrow
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:15 am

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:04 pm

I've gone on record stating that Henderson is not one of my favourites and shouldn't really be Liverpool's captain. Well I have to admit that my opinion of the lad has changed. It is clear to see that Klopp rates him very highly as club captain and to be honest that is good enough for me. The other players including VVD clearly respect him. His desire yesterday demonstrated why perhaps when we lost him for the last few games of our title challenge under Rodger's is a key reason why we fell short. Champions League winner, 97 points in the league and a record start to this season our perhaps reason enough for people to appreciate that the lad is Liverpool through and through. Possibly not the best at what he does but does anybody else show more desire. Time to get off his back. He played brilliantly yesterday and was a massive reason why we came away with three points !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:41 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:04 am wrote:I've gone on record stating that Henderson is not one of my favourites and shouldn't really be Liverpool's captain. Well I have to admit that my opinion of the lad has changed. It is clear to see that Klopp rates him very highly as club captain and to be honest that is good enough for me. The other players including VVD clearly respect him. His desire yesterday demonstrated why perhaps when we lost him for the last few games of our title challenge under Rodger's is a key reason why we fell short. Champions League winner, 97 points in the league and a record start to this season our perhaps reason enough for people to appreciate that the lad is Liverpool through and through. Possibly not the best at what he does but does anybody else show more desire. Time to get off his back. He played brilliantly yesterday and was a massive reason why we came away with three points !!

I do agree that his loss at the end of the Rogers title challenging season was a big loss but that was 2014, we are now in 2019 and although he played well yesterday, his good games are getting few and far between. Although he is good at harrying midfielders and breaking up play he has a habit now of losing the ball in dangerous areas and gets bypassed by more skilful midfielders. I think we need a bit more quality in there these days.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Boocity:
"I do agree that his loss at the end of the Rogers title challenging season was a big loss but that was 2014, we are now in 2019 and although he played well yesterday, his good games are getting few and far between. Although he is good at harrying midfielders and breaking up play he has a habit now of losing the ball in dangerous areas and gets bypassed by more skilful midfielders. I think we need a bit more quality in there these days."

The reason he wasnt there at the end of the 2014 season was because he got himself sent off and banned for a ridiculous kn'obhead challenge. It could be argued that he cost us the title that year because of his stupidity?
He had a decent game yesterday, not as many fu'ck ups as usual and scored his first goal in nearly four years (yes FOUR). His passion and work rate are outstanding but his lack of skill and ability is scary. I think hes a genuine lad and a good footballer who could probably get in a top four team, but is he really good enough to captain LFC?
Van Dyke is a no brainer for me...
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:20 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:43 pm wrote:Boocity:
"I do agree that his loss at the end of the Rogers title challenging season was a big loss but that was 2014, we are now in 2019 and although he played well yesterday, his good games are getting few and far between. Although he is good at harrying midfielders and breaking up play he has a habit now of losing the ball in dangerous areas and gets bypassed by more skilful midfielders. I think we need a bit more quality in there these days."

The reason he wasnt there at the end of the 2014 season was because he got himself sent off and banned for a ridiculous kn'obhead challenge. It could be argued that he cost us the title that year because of his stupidity?
He had a decent game yesterday, not as many fu'ck ups as usual and scored his first goal in nearly four years (yes FOUR). His passion and work rate are outstanding but his lack of skill and ability is scary. I think hes a genuine lad and a good footballer who could probably get in a top four team, but is he really good enough to captain LFC?
Van Dyke is a no brainer for me...
:buttrock

First goal in 4 years ? Are you sure

I would suggest checking that statement
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:21 pm

My bad
He's scored one goal a year in all competitions since 2015
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 pm

He puts a shift in no one would doubt that but in order for this team to progress we need to find midfielders who have a similar workrate but are better on the ball. To be fair Keita seemed to tick all those boxes but he's been here the best part of 18 months now and still hasn't managed to nail down a place in the starting XI.
Btw it was Henderson's first goal at Anfield in 4 seasons which is a pretty shocking stat given the amount of games he's played in that time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion