Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri May 17, 2019 7:04 pm

electrum » Fri May 17, 2019 6:11 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm wrote:We have Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge as back up for our front three?
Milner can back up at left back, but maybe we should go back in for Fekir.

Which part of top quality did you not understand?

Do you really think we are going to get “top quality “ to come and sit on the bench or rotate ?

Not many teams have that

Klopp will look to keep using Origi and Brewster as his options up top with players like Wilson getting a shot
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Plus you have players like Brewster coming through shortly..
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 7:07 pm

electrum » Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm wrote:We have Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge as back up for our front three?
Milner can back up at left back, but maybe we should go back in for Fekir.

Which part of top quality did you not understand?

Gimme some names big boy
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 18, 2019 12:50 am

Julian Brandt would be an interesting addition but doesn't look like he wants to join EPL.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 18, 2019 12:58 am

Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 17, 2019 2:26 pm wrote:I think it looks something like the below. Not sure Mignolet will fancy another season on the bench and we'll need a replacement if he goes. Clyne looks almost certain to leave and I don't think we'll buy a RB. We have enough people who can cover there and although Hoever will probably end up at CB, I could see him growing into the role of Trent's deputy first. Moreno's contract is up and we desperately need some reliable cover for Robbo. We could see by the pursuit of Fekir last summer that Klopp wants some genuine creativity in the middle so I'd imagine that would be high on the agenda this summer. Brewster will take Sturridge's role. That probably leaves us needing two players for the front 3. I expect one will be a significant signing and someone who can cover/push our front 3 and the other will probably come from the list of possible exits (Origi, Wilson, etc), or a younger player we bring in. Only other area we might see some activity is at CB. While we have a strong quartet, 3 of them have regularly picked up injuries during their Liverpool careers. We might add a body to the 4 we already have or we might go big and let Lovren move on.

I don't think we are quite at the stage where we can make 1 or 2 adjustments to the squad so don't believe Klopp when he says he is planning for a quite summer. It all depends on the availability of the right players so I don't think we'll necessary fill all the roles I've highlighted but if Klopp can get the players he wants I think it will be more than 2/3 players who come in.

Alisson
                             ???
                         Kelleher

Trent          Matip          van Dijk          Robertson
Milner        Gomez          Lovren                ???
Hoever

Fabinho
                        Wijnaldum

Keita                          ???
         Henderson                      Ox

Salah                                           Mane
Shaqiri                                           ???

Firmino
                             ???
                        Brewster

Permanently leave or out on loan: Mignolet, Karius, Bogdan, Moreno, Clyne, Chirivella, Grujic, Ejaria, Lallana, Woodburn, Ojo, Kent, Wilson, Awoniyi, Origi, Sturridge

Good post.. With Ox and Gomez back and the inclusion of Brewster in Klopps eyes those "would" be like new signings. We do have some decent talent all over the park but need to tighten up some positions. I would like to snap Sessegnon but would he play second fiddle to Robertson?? I think we may struggle to get cover for that position.

Mane, Salah and Firmino will need to be rotated at times so I'm hoping Brewster is the spark we need. However a cover will be needed for those lads in each position. It will be an interesting window this summer.

Many might not agree but I'd love Jordan Sancho here. He would be ideal to rotate with Mane/Salah however like Sessegnon would he want to play second fiddle....
He would absolutely thrive under Klopp and being 19 imagine how much better he could be.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm

I hope we go out and try to get Ziyech from Ajax.. He apparently has a £25m buy out clause aswell.

I think him, Griezmann and De Ligt would be a unbelievable summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 pm

De Ligt would be an amazing amazing signing. I would ship out Lovren and have VVD, Matip, Gomez and De Ligt as our CBs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat May 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Christ - silly season again , we aren’t going to get any of the name players being thrown around
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun May 19, 2019 12:56 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat May 18, 2019 6:25 pm wrote:Christ - silly season again , we aren’t going to get any of the name players being thrown around

.. agree for once. And I only think Klopp will sign one, maybe two at most. I think Brewster could be promoted from the youth team as he is knocking on the door right now.

We just need a playmaker, that's the only area we are lacking in, as Milner and Hendo are not of the required standard.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 19, 2019 10:09 pm

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 20, 2019 12:27 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm wrote:I hope we go out and try to get Ziyech from Ajax.. He apparently has a £25m buy out clause aswell.

I think him, Griezmann and De Ligt would be a unbelievable summer.

I read up about Ziyech didn't know he is going to leave and with that price tag I'd 100% snap him. We should be all over that deal it is a bargain.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 20, 2019 4:16 am

That "interview" doesn't actually say anything. Of course we're going to replace Migs, Moreno and Studge but with the possible exception of the attacker, they're not big ticket items.

As usual, we'll be the last people to find out what the plans really are.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 am

General consensus seems to be that we won't spending big this summer. Not sure of the reasons behind that thinking.

We stand to make some money from players we off load plus I read we're set to receive around a 100 million from our Champions league run so surely it's not that we don't have cash to spend ?

Perhaps Jurgen is happy with his "First Eleven" and thinks a couple of decent back up players is all that's needed ?

Can't say I'd agree if that is the thinking   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 am

woof woof ! » Mon May 20, 2019 6:45 am wrote:General consensus seems to be that we won't spending big this summer. Not sure of the reasons behind that thinking.

We stand to make some money from players we off load plus I read we're set to receive around a 100 million from our Champions league run so surely it's not that we don't have cash to spend ?

Perhaps Jurgen is happy with his "First Eleven" and thinks a couple of decent back up players is all that's needed ?

Can't say I'd agree if that is the thinking   :(

Question if by spend they mean above the money we are expecting to get for players leaving and other royalties...We must spend to maintain our current position their is no doubt about this.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill