Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 am

After the UCL final mate :D that is when we will bombard this thread.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue May 14, 2019 11:13 pm

Kevin De Bruyne, 120m bid anyone?

Let's tap him up first of course! :D

Then get reported to the FA like we did on the VVD deal with Southampton lol.

That's how it's done!!
We raped man City on the sterling deal, now let's rape them again lol.

Haha
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Muppet...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 15, 2019 1:26 am

:D
Just a suggestion bungle. Give me some names of signings that can strengthen our Midfield further.

I'm trying to be constructive!
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:10 pm

I've said it a few times, a back-up forward (Timo Werner) and a back-up fullback is all I expect to arrive.

We might need a world class playmaker but we won't be getting one IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 pm

I think players that would massively improve us are...

De Ligt - 19 massive potential and partners VVD already for Holland.

Pepe - brilliant cover for any of the front 3. He's quick and has a eye for goal so the drop in quality won't be noticeable.

Fekir - Brilliant attacking mid that would help create chances when we come up against teams that drop deep and just defends.

Werner/Griezmann - either ither we're desperate for a proper no9 just to keep teams guessing with our set ups and attacks.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:50 pm wrote:I think we’ll generate decent money again this summer with the likes of Mignolet, Chirivella, Lallana, Origi, Ejaria, Kent, Wilson, Awoniyi, and Clyne brining in £50mil upwards. I stick by my guess that we’ll bring 5 or 6 players in. Maybe something like this:

Timo Werner – fits the bill as a goal scorer who is quick and can play all across the front 3. One year left on his contract from this summer and has being making noises about trying something new so RB Leipzig are likely to cash in.

Nabil Fekir – He’ll have one year left on his contract from this summer and no sign he’s going to sign an extension. Lyon might be willing to cash in on him at lower price than last summer.

James Tarkowski – We have a good quartet of CBs but three of them have picked up regular injuries throughout their Liverpool careers. Tarkowski’s was rumoured as one of the CBs we were looking at last summer but we may well have other targets.

Lloyd Kelly – 20 year old left back who has made himself a regularly in the Bristol City side. Could develop into an able deputy/competition for Robertson.

Experienced sweeper keeper – Migs just isn’t right for our style of play and he’ll probably want to move to get game time.

Still think we'll do something like this. Someone to push the front 3, an attacking midfielder, and possibly a CB. I think those are the 3 positions we're likely to spend money on, depending on the quality of player we are able to get. I think anything else is likely to be filling holes in the squad rather than proper options to push the first team players.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Everything I'm reading suggests we're doing next to sweet FA in the transfer market this summer. I sincerely hope this is Klopp and the club keeping schtum and just doing their business on the quiet. I think we have a few areas to strengthen.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 2:37 am

bunglemark2 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:16 pm wrote:. I think we have a few areas to strengthen.

.. Name them big boy!
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Fri May 17, 2019 11:09 am

If we fail to strengthen the front 3 backups someone needs shooting.
We absolutely need a quality hard working striker.
We have been very fortunate with injuries to our front three. If any of them had been out for a couple of months we would have finished well behind City
We NEED..
Top class back up, up top.
A Fekir type player
Back up for Robertson
As an Absolute Minimum...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm

We have Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge as back up for our front three?
Milner can back up at left back, but maybe we should go back in for Fekir.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri May 17, 2019 1:06 pm

We won’t be going mental in the summer - got a few returning from loan and expect a couple of younger signings. There maybe one £30-40 mil player but that would be it.

We don’t need to go mad - just tweak and adjust , Sturridge and Moreno will be the two that need replacing - anyone else will be determined by if someone leaves
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 17, 2019 2:26 pm

I think it looks something like the below. Not sure Mignolet will fancy another season on the bench and we'll need a replacement if he goes. Clyne looks almost certain to leave and I don't think we'll buy a RB. We have enough people who can cover there and although Hoever will probably end up at CB, I could see him growing into the role of Trent's deputy first. Moreno's contract is up and we desperately need some reliable cover for Robbo. We could see by the pursuit of Fekir last summer that Klopp wants some genuine creativity in the middle so I'd imagine that would be high on the agenda this summer. Brewster will take Sturridge's role. That probably leaves us needing two players for the front 3. I expect one will be a significant signing and someone who can cover/push our front 3 and the other will probably come from the list of possible exits (Origi, Wilson, etc), or a younger player we bring in. Only other area we might see some activity is at CB. While we have a strong quartet, 3 of them have regularly picked up injuries during their Liverpool careers. We might add a body to the 4 we already have or we might go big and let Lovren move on.

I don't think we are quite at the stage where we can make 1 or 2 adjustments to the squad so don't believe Klopp when he says he is planning for a quite summer. It all depends on the availability of the right players so I don't think we'll necessary fill all the roles I've highlighted but if Klopp can get the players he wants I think it will be more than 2/3 players who come in.

Alisson
                             ???
                         Kelleher

Trent          Matip          van Dijk          Robertson
Milner        Gomez          Lovren                ???
Hoever

Fabinho
                        Wijnaldum

Keita                          ???
         Henderson                      Ox

Salah                                           Mane
Shaqiri                                           ???

Firmino
                             ???
                        Brewster

Permanently leave or out on loan: Mignolet, Karius, Bogdan, Moreno, Clyne, Chirivella, Grujic, Ejaria, Lallana, Woodburn, Ojo, Kent, Wilson, Awoniyi, Origi, Sturridge

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Klopp will have to offload a few of our fringe and loanee players in order to bring any additions in I feel.

Still a lot of dead wood needs clearing out...
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Fri May 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm wrote:We have Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge as back up for our front three?
Milner can back up at left back, but maybe we should go back in for Fekir.

Which part of top quality did you not understand?
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill