Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:18 pm

Shame what has possibly happened to Cardiff new signing Emiliano Sala..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe ... y-46954922
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:14 pm

redshade » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:18 pm wrote:Shame what has possibly happened to Cardiff new signing Emiliano Sala..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe ... y-46954922

Yeah, awful. Only a few months after that tragedy in Leicester as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:24 am

Reg » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:31 am wrote:
Reg » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:49 pm wrote:Mags, where've you been mate, missed your input?

Thanks for missing my input reg. I am around, just don't post that often. Been busy re-locating to aussie and its not a very good time zone to watch the league matches unfortunately...

Cool, you can get together with your mate eds!    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
I'm in the process of setting up my own company here so looks like I'm going to be here for a few more years yet.....  :oh:  already been here 8....
Life in toy town goes on....

Get Optus Sports Mags.
Dedicated EPL coverage and you can always watch the match or mini match in the morning if it’s on too late
Yeah viewing times are s**t.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:51 pm

I think Luis Suarez is getting worried about Barca getting linked with every decent striker.. at 31 his days are numbered.

He's come out today and said he still has a connection with Liverpool.. and he would love to work under Klopp.

I loved Suarez in his prime, one of the best forwards that's ever played for our club.. but he moved to a "bigger club" and I'm sorry but at 31+ he's not worth taking back with so many young exciting strikers on the market.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:51 pm wrote:I think Luis Suarez is getting worried about Barca getting linked with every decent striker.. at 31 his days are numbered.

He's come out today and said he still has a connection with Liverpool.. and he would love to work under Klopp.

I loved Suarez in his prime, one of the best forwards that's ever played for our club.. but he moved to a "bigger club" and I'm sorry but at 31+ he's not worth taking back with so many young exciting strikers on the market.

If he wanted to come here he's agent would just contact us.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 pm

I'd take him if they agree a swap for Sturridge or Origi :D.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:51 pm wrote:I think Luis Suarez is getting worried about Barca getting linked with every decent striker.. at 31 his days are numbered.

If he is willing to accept a short-term contract and potential time off and on the bench, then why not, I can't see anything wrong with that.

Bring him back, he will only strengthen our front line options.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:34 am

This really is transfer window nonsense at its best. Luis was great no doubt about that but there is no disputing that he certainly gave us a few headaches. We made a few quid and Suarez got his dream move. He’s had a great time at Barca. Let’s leave it at that.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:07 pm

I'd take suarez back... 31-32 may not be at his prime definitely but he is generally fit and today's medical science has extended athlete's shelf life quite abit. He is definitely better than Mane, I'll tell you that and his work rate on the pitch is no slouch either... the only question for me is how much do we need to pay for him? If he can be had for 30 million or less, I'd seriously consider. Title winning sides usually has veteran presence.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Let’s look forward not backwards - players like Suarez and Coutinho wanted to leave the club - both forced moves through and made it impossible for them to stay at the club , they are part of our history

We need people for our future now - players to bloom with the club and take us forward , no more looking back
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:40 pm

I would take him simply because we only need 1 of the front 3 to be injured for a few weeks and I reckon the wheels will come off , especially if it's Salah.

Origi or Sturridge to step in?  No way either of them will be able to help keep us at the top of the table.

Suarez at 31/32 is still top drawer (streets ahead of the bench options we have now) and for the right money (i.e 20-30m)would be very welcome as far as I am concerned. I Couldn't care less about what he did in the past I want the team to have a winning mentality as well as ability - this guy has both in spades.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:07 pm

f*ck that. Let's not start accepting this awful behaviour of these modern ultra rich prima donnas that have the nerve to force a move out of the club or refuse to play for us after dragging the club's name through the mud like Suarez did, and then come back like nothing happened. We're not a stepping stone for "better clubs", we want players that want to stay with us. By taking back the likes of Suarez or Coutinho, we will encourage other players to the same behaviour, since they can always come back to us if they want. There are other players out there, no need to look back to the past.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:14 pm

I would take him simply because we only need 1 of the front 3 to be injured for a few weeks and I reckon the wheels will come off , especially if it's Salah.

Origi or Sturridge to step in?  No way either of them will be able to help keep us at the top of the table.

Suarez at 31/32 is still top drawer (streets ahead of the bench options we have now) and for the right money (i.e 20-30m)would be very welcome as far as I am concerned. I Couldn't care less about what he did in the past I want the team to have a winning mentality as well as ability - this guy has both in spades.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Understand all the for and against comments made about a possible Suarez return.

Personally I'd have no problem in welcoming him back.

Always loved his passion , determination and ability.

Think he'd be a great addition to our squad.

And let's be fair

It's been a long time since he's bitten anybody   :D

Wouldn't expect the fella to have the same pace as he did when he was last with us

BUT

If he has only 70 percent of what he showed us before, surely he'd deserve a big welcome back ?

Reminder of what he can do

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Sh*t !!!!!!!!!

Watching those goals in the link I posted again, I would f*cking love to have him back .

Not gonna cut off my nose to spite my face, whatever we may think of his personality and motives .

The fella is an  assassin !

Think or current strike force would Sh*t themselves and step up even further with Suarez challenging for a starting place !     :buttrock  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill