DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:41 pm

He's not a bad defender, but his short comings are being magnified by 10x because the rest of the team is moving up a gear.

Lovren is a bit like a Ford Focus, parked alongside our VVD Bentley. For most, he's enough. But for the high places we're heading, he's starting to look a little pedestrian.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:57 pm

He's a decent defender who has too many lapses in concentration to be top quality. Decent when he gets a run of games but can be a bit ropey when he's in an out.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:22 am

I get the expression that Lovren has more ego and does not take VVD’s instructions well where as Gomez and even Matip sync better the VVD. I think that Lovren thinks he is world class which he certainly is not.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:08 am

7_Kewell » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:41 pm wrote:He's not a bad defender, but his short comings are being magnified by 10x because the rest of the team is moving up a gear.

Lovren is a bit like a Ford Focus, parked alongside our VVD Bentley. For most, he's enough. But for the high places we're heading, he's starting to look a little pedestrian.

Great analogy mate :D

Not a fan of Ford cars mate lol.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Lovren has stated today that Liverpool will remain unbeaten for the entirety of the season . So no pressure there then ,for the love of God someone remove his internet privileges  :angry:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:04 pm

:D Lovren does make interesting comment at times, World class CB Dejan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:39 pm wrote:Lovren has stated today that Liverpool will remain unbeaten for the entirety of the season . So no pressure there then ,for the love of God someone remove his internet privileges  :angry:

That’s not actually what he said though

This is what he said

“Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season. Of course it will be a challenge but this is what we want, this is why we came here to Liverpool, because we know we can do it. Is it possible? Arsenal did it before so why not?"

It’s no surprise the headline doesn’t match what the player actually said - believe Firmino has also said something similar yet don’t get headlines about that
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:15 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:39 pm wrote:Lovren has stated today that Liverpool will remain unbeaten for the entirety of the season . So no pressure there then ,for the love of God someone remove his internet privileges  :angry:

That’s not actually what he said though

This is what he said

“Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season. Of course it will be a challenge but [b]this is what we want, this is why we came here to Liverpool, because we know we can do it. Is it possible? Arsenal did it before so why not?"[/b]

It’s no surprise the headline doesn’t match what the player actually said - believe Firmino has also said something similar yet don’t get headlines about that

This is what every football team with a history of winning things wants ,I still think he's a bit of a *****  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:24 am

Someone tell him to SHUT THE FU'CK UP!!
Instead of giving cringey, embarrassing interviews he should concentrate on playing his best every game. Unfortunately his best isnt that good, no matter what he believes.
Until Gomez and Matip are fit we are stuck with him...
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:37 am

Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 am wrote:Someone tell him to SHUT THE FU'CK UP!!
Instead of giving cringey, embarrassing interviews he should concentrate on playing his best every game. Unfortunately his best isnt that good, no matter what he believes.

Have you actually watched the interview ? The full interview to hear what he actually said and how he came across - judging by your comments I guess you just read the headlines

Maybe actually go and watch it and see what he says
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm

If anything, it shows how far we've progressed as a team when our former number 1 CB is relegated to 4th choice.

Lovren stood out like a sore thumb last night with poor passes, panicky clearances and a general lack of composure. In fact, alongside VVD, Lovren looked like an inexperienced youth player.

He's not a bad player. He's just not good enough for a title challenging side. And I think he'll be gone in the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:19 am

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:
Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 am wrote:Someone tell him to SHUT THE FU'CK UP!!

Have you actually watched the interview ? The full interview to hear what he actually said and how he came across - judging by your comments I guess you just read the headlines

Maybe actually go and watch it and see what he says

You seem to be a staunch defender of the underdog. Once again you're sticking up for a player who is being criticised and making out that the criticism is unjust and unfair. I like that, and I would agree with you if you were right.
I have actually watched "the interview" and have seen what he says. If you read my post again you will see that it doesn't specify "the interview", it actually says "cringey, embarrassing interviews" i.e. plural. Lovren is someone who feels he doesn't get the respect he deserves and wants people to listen as if he knows what hes talking about. He may well have meant no harm by saying we "could" go all season unbeaten, but the sh'it storm he created shows he is actually naive or stupid and doesn't think before he speaks. I am sick of hearing his opinions about himself, the team and the club. He is a nice enough person, but he is a kn'obhead who chats sh'it and shouldn't do any more interviews while he is at LFC. His performances on the pitch should be enough to do the talking for him. Unfortunately he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is so he cant let the football do the talking, hence the interviews.
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:42 am

What I do like about you thommo is you only appear when we win or have something to whinge about - when the players are playing well and the team is doing well to say f*ck all- I have no doubt you will disappear again soon enough and hopefully won’t post until pre season maybe
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:42 am wrote:What I do like about you thommo is you only appear when we win or have something to whinge about - when the players are playing well and the team is doing well to say f*ck all- I have no doubt you will disappear again soon enough and hopefully won’t post until pre season maybe

If they're playing well what is there to say? Its obvious they're playing well.
Sorry if youre upset because I am posting things you dont agree with, but thats life mate. Suck it up and just accept that not everyone is as wise as you?
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Looks like he's very close to a £11m move to Zenit. Great in the air and put some good runs together but always had a shocker of a game round the corner! Best of luck Degsy.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion