DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Like Klopp has said, Lovren has all the goods to be a top player but his concentration fails him at times. He can be a 10 in some games, but in others he can cost you dearly, you can always expect a mistake from him. He's very similar to Mignolet in that aspect actually. The reason why Mignolet got replaced by a keeper not a lot better than him, was because he's always an accident waiting to happen, and because of that he spread insecurity across the entire defence.

Lovren isn't the worst player, but because of his drops in concentration he'll always be considered a liability. With players like him in the side we'll never improve our leaky defence.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm

damjan193 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 pm wrote:Like Klopp has said, Lovren has all the goods to be a top player but his concentration fails him at times. He can be a 10 in some games, but in others he can cost you dearly, you can always expect a mistake from him. He's very similar to Mignolet in that aspect actually. The reason why Mignolet got replaced by a keeper not a lot better than him, was because he's always an accident waiting to happen, and because of that he spread insecurity across the entire defence.

Lovren isn't the worst player, but because of his drops in concentration he'll always be considered a liability. With players like him in the side we'll never improve our leaky defence.

:nod

A very good player when on his game BUT when he has a "brain fart" it inevitably costs us  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 pm

We just have to hope he doesn't have too many brain farts because we are getting short in many positions and funny enough but we need him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 pm wrote:Like Klopp has said, Lovren has all the goods to be a top player but his concentration fails him at times. He can be a 10 in some games, but in others he can cost you dearly, you can always expect a mistake from him. He's very similar to Mignolet in that aspect actually. The reason why Mignolet got replaced by a keeper not a lot better than him, was because he's always an accident waiting to happen, and because of that he spread insecurity across the entire defence.

:nod

A very good player when on his game BUT when he has a "brain fart" it inevitably costs us  :(

Listened to Didi talk about the goals conceded and he was pretty scathing of Lovren.
I always like listening to him, talks a lot of sense. Can't disagree with him on this topic at all
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:12 pm

HE is terrible. Thought he was poor the first time I saw him play for LFC. Truly dreadful, a brainless fool who gives away stupid penalties (Everton was a clear penalty), lunges in, no idea where forwards are. Don’t have the Vocab to express how useless I think he is. Titus Bramble level.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Big Niall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm wrote:HE is terrible. Thought he was poor the first time I saw him play for LFC. Truly dreadful, a brainless fool who gives away stupid penalties (Everton was a clear penalty), lunges in, no idea where forwards are. Don’t have the Vocab to express how useless I think he is. Titus Bramble level.

Is that it?   :Oo:

We're on the verge of the CL final and the only thing you come here to say is to slag off Lovern? 

Thanks for your support. Makes a change from you calling Klopp a fraud, I guess.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 pm

I had posted that I thought Salah was the best LFC player I e ever seen.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 pm

Every season Lovren has been here he has had brainfarts. It isn't getting any better which is the problem and if Mingolet has run out of chances then imo Lovren should do as well.

The fact that we were 5.0 up shouldn't matter as there will be games were we only have a slender lead and can't afford to have players who just keep committing the same costly errors.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:22 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 am wrote:Every season Lovren has been here he has had brainfarts. It isn't getting any better which is the problem and if Mingolet has run out of chances then imo Lovren should do as well.

The fact that we were 5.0 up shouldn't matter as there will be games were we only have a slender lead and can't afford to have players who just keep committing the same costly errors.

Exactly.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Lovren was immense against City and arguably the reason we progressed beyond the game at the Etihad and albeit for the misjudgement that allowed Dzeko to slot he was brilliant against Roma especially for those all important first 20 mins were Roma tried to get a grip on the game. All defenders make mistakes ,even the best are as the manager stated only human. I mean Otamendi has been brilliant for City all season but he was culpable for both our goals at their place. Lovren is a class defender who has raised his game significantly since he was partnered with the big Dutchman who arguably has been made to look even more imposing alongside Lovrens work rate.

I just think come next week after our trip to Rome we will all be singing the fella's praises again.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:34 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:05 pm wrote:Lovren was immense against City and arguably the reason we progressed beyond the game at the Etihad and albeit for the misjudgement that allowed Dzeko to slot he was brilliant against Roma especially for those all important first 20 mins were Roma tried to get a grip on the game. All defenders make mistakes ,even the best are as the manager stated only human. I mean Otamendi has been brilliant for City all season but he was culpable for both our goals at their place. Lovren is a class defender who has raised his game significantly since he was partnered with the big Dutchman who arguably has been made to look even more imposing alongside Lovrens work rate.

I just think come next week after our trip to Rome we will all be singing the fella's praises again.

He's done too many mistake consistently , he'd be having a decent game and suddenly fks it up .

One of these days , its gonna cost us big time . I hope not but when it does happen , it wont be a surprise.
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:03 am

The problem with Lovren is when he makes mistakes, he makes mistakes. Almost every error he makes is punished by the opposition. Whilst I agree with RBG that he's put in some great performances with VVD by his side, he is still prone to a costly error and I'd be surprised if the centre back situation isn't addressed in the summer.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:05 pm wrote:Lovren was immense against City and arguably the reason we progressed beyond the game at the Etihad and albeit for the misjudgement that allowed Dzeko to slot he was brilliant against Roma especially for those all important first 20 mins were Roma tried to get a grip on the game. All defenders make mistakes ,even the best are as the manager stated only human. I mean Otamendi has been brilliant for City all season but he was culpable for both our goals at their place. Lovren is a class defender who has raised his game significantly since he was partnered with the big Dutchman who arguably has been made to look even more imposing alongside Lovrens work rate.

Hope you're right Red .
But when you say "all defenders make mistakes" my concern is that Lovren keeps repeating them, it's not the first time he's completely misjudged the flight of the ball and turned what should have been a routine clearance into a chance/goal for the opposition.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:50 am

woof woof ! » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am wrote:

Hope you're right Red .
But when you say "all defenders make mistakes" my concern is that Lovren keeps repeating them, it's not the first time he's completely misjudged the flight of the ball and turned what should have been a routine clearance into a chance/goal for the opposition.

At this point of his career it is safe to say that Lovern is an Average CB..on his day he can provide good displays like any other average player but is he worth a starter role? No way in Hell...he is a decent 3rd or 4th option for a top team and we shouldn't let some fluke good performance forget this..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Either way, I don't think Klopp will sell him in the summer. I think he will rotate Matip/ Lovren with VVD next season.

All though he has faired a lot better since the arrival of VVD, your always going to get mistakes from defenders in ANY team, because you are playing in a high pressured environment. Man City made defensive errors versus us in the Qtr final.

Dejan won't be the first, and won't be the last to make errors. It's just that we tend to magnify them.

He has done very well thus far in the Champions league I thought, and the Dzeko goal on Tuesday, he just mis-read the ball/cross in, was slightly out of position, and it was well taken by the striker. ALL defenders make those errors.

I think he's going nowhere. :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion