Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:35 am

I’d like him at the club. He is young, quick and talented. He has a good head on his shoulders and will not come in and upset the good chemistry we have (very important). Klopp will make him a much better player and he is a “Klopp type” player, so I think he will slot in seamlessly.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:59 am

Never understood the hype for Pulisic to be honest, good young player but nothing special IMO. I'd much rather have that Sancho lad, very bright future ahead of him that boy.

However, Klopp hasn't got a signing wrong so far, so I'd trust his judgement, whoever he brings.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 am

Apparently he (Pulisic) is struggling to get in Dortmunds team atm, he has spent most of this season on the bench  :Oo:
Though to be fair his contract is running down and Dortmund know he wants out so maybe they are just picking players they know are 100% committed to the club?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:55 am

Good morning everyone, the January transfer window is now open without even a squeak!

Are the Reds really in the market?
Any big name moves likely at any of the Big 5 competitors?

Game on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm more than happy with the current squad!

I think we could sign a CM with abit more creativity for next year, we are looking at Rabiot from PSG who I know used to be a big Liverpool/Gerrard fan.. He's available for a free so would definitely give us a different option from midfield.

I think Moreno will leave so any cover at LB would be welcomed.

If we were to sign anyone in January I hope it's a out n out Striker.. I'm not sure who's available but Luka Jovic definatly looks like a Klopp style striker.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 am

Pulisic has gone to Chelsea apparently and been loaned back to Dortmund for the rest of the season. Think Hazard may well be off then
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:02 am

Yes Dortmund have confirmed it, he is going to Chelsea.
£58m which is quite cheap these days for a highly rated 20 year old, Sterling went for a similar fee at a similar age about 4 or 5 years ago.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:02 am wrote:Yes Dortmund have confirmed it, he is going to Chelsea.
£58m which is quite cheap these days for a highly rated 20 year old, Sterling went for a similar fee at a similar age about 4 or 5 years ago.

He's nowhere near Sterling's level. At least not yet.

Has struggled to get regular football this year and had less that 18 months on his contract. I think Chelsea have paid way over the odds.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:04 pm

It's a strange signing for Chelsea that have far better players than Pulicic currently in the squad.

I think for us he would have been a signing to push the fan base in America having American owners.. and he's too expensive for that.

I've never seen the fuss with him and like people have said he hardly appears  even from the bench these days.. he has age on his side, but he'll be used only as a impact sub at Chelsea.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Looks like Timo Werner is not going to sign a new contract which expires in 2020. RB Leipzig will be looking to cash in for about £40m which would be a bargain at his age.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 pm wrote:You can see he's talented but he's only managed 10 league goals in 80 league games for Dortmund. Mane and Salah were more established and a couple of levels above him when we signed them and right now Shaq is probably a better option. But he only turned 20 in September so plenty of time for him to develop. The marketing potential probably makes it worth us paying the premium for him but he'll need time to grow if he comes in Jan or the summer.

This is it basically. £58 million for a player who is a couple of levels below Mane and Salah and not necessarily a better option than Shaq just wouldn't have made sense. If the price was half of what Chelsea paid then maybe you'd take a punt but not at nearly £60mil.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:33 pm

I do think he would have come in handy as a back up to Mane and Salah, imo we could do with another pacey wide forward so we can rotate without losing too much in terms of cutting edge. Shaq is good but he hasn't really got the pace to be a direct replacement for either Mo or Sadio. I see Shaq filling in more centrally.
Zaha would ideal imo, although he has seemingly been around for years he only turned 26 in November so he would have at least 4 good years in him and to be fair 4 years is quite a long time in football. Those 4 years would be the best (prime) 4 years of his career as well.
If we are going to genuinely challenge for the biggest prizes in the game over the next few years he'd be a great signing imo. Price could be an issue although I saw an interview with him a while back where he said he feels he is ready to move to a big club again, he said at United as soon as he got through the door Moyes arrived who made it clear he wanted to take United in a different direction. If we went in for him I could see him pressuring Palace not to ***** the move up for him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:13 pm

I'm glad we didn't sign Pulisic for that sort of money to be honest. Good player but nothing special IMO. He might become something big but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Both Zaha and Timo Werner are good shouts, if they're available for the right money. Both not having great seasons like last year but they'll do fine as backup players at least. Would prefer Werner over Zaha as he has a lot of potential to become a top player. Zaha seems to be off to China anyway.

All that being said though, I don't think we'll sign anyone this January. Which is fine, we have a good group of players as it is.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:36 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:09 pm wrote:Looks like Timo Werner is not going to sign a new contract which expires in 2020. RB Leipzig will be looking to cash in for about £40m which would be a bargain at his age.

Would love to see Werner in a red shirt.  And reports in Germany are suggesting that we could get him for £36 million  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:02 pm

My guess is next steps are something like this. In order of importance:

- An AM who will play in the role that Firmino has been this year. He’ll also be able to play in the front 3 and it will be the end for Lallana.

- Go big on a front 3 player to replace Sturridge and Origi.

- A LB and a RB that Klopp can trust to deputise and challenge Robbo and Trent. The drop off when we bring in Moreno and Clyne is too big. Moreno’s contract is up anyway and Clyne just isn’t suited to playing as an attacking full back.

- There has been a lot of noise that Klopp wants to replace Matip. Maybe because he’s so injury prone. Tarkowski is name that is coming up most often.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill