Maureen United

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby laza » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:38 am

I haven't been this upset by ManU sacking since they got rid of Moyes. If only they had stayed with him
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:47 am

Scandalous, they should have stood by him for another 3 seasons.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Bring back Moyes :D

Funny how we got Maureen sacked a nice ending to the tale.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:05 pm

I think they'll go for Pochettino myself, Zidane would certainly be a marquee name but he hasn't played or managed in England before so it might take him a while to get up to speed.
Wouldn't surprise me if Kane followed Pochettino to United as well. I always felt that Spurs lack of ambition could bite them on the @rse one day, this could well be the time when it happens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:02 pm

I thought a contract extension would be just reward for avoiding relegation. Time to give Pogba away (again)  :rasp
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:05 pm wrote:I think they'll go for Pochettino myself, Zidane would certainly be a marquee name but he hasn't played or managed in England before so it might take him a while to get up to speed.
Wouldn't surprise me if Kane followed Pochettino to United as well. I always felt that Spurs lack of ambition could bite them on the @rse one day, this could well be the time when it happens.

Getting Poch would transform them and given they always pump in funds Poch would get the right players. I hope he don't go there.

Like you said Poch may love to take up the challenge because tbf i don't think he can take spurs anymore forward. They won't win the prem or UCL.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:00 pm

I hope they do get Pochettino- I don’t think he will be as successful at a club where the expectations are a lot higher and trophies are demanded , happy for them to have Zidane as well - did nothing in the league for Madrid , also rumours that Blanc and Southgate in the frame - happy for both those two

As long as they don’t got for an Ancelotti or Allegri
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:12 pm

I disagree about Poch i think he will be a perfect fit for them. They footy he plays they will love and its the type of footy they want. Also given the amount of money he will spend i think he will do very well there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Jose Mourinho will be the Santa Clause this Christmas...I heard they just gave him the sack  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:35 pm

redshade » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:12 pm wrote:I disagree about Poch i think he will be a perfect fit for them. They footy he plays they will love and its the type of footy they want. Also given the amount of money he will spend i think he will do very well there.

I just see him being a guy who does well when expectations are low - right now he hasn’t won a thing yet has a massively talented squad. Could see him bombing at Utd
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Zidane will be placed there by adidas. There’s no emotion involved. Adidas turn the cards not the owners.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm wrote:
redshade » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:12 pm wrote:I disagree about Poch i think he will be a perfect fit for them. They footy he plays they will love and its the type of footy they want. Also given the amount of money he will spend i think he will do very well there.

I just see him being a guy who does well when expectations are low - right now he hasn’t won a thing yet has a massively talented squad. Could see him bombing at Utd

Pochettino is a good manager, if United get him he'll soon get them all pulling in the same direction. Despite not having a big budget at Spurs he's taken them to 3 top 3 finishes in the last 3 years including their best finish in 54 years.
I remember reading an article in the echo a few years ago where coutinho credited him with kick starting his career, he got rid of Soldado etc at Spurs and promoted the likes of Kane and Ali from the youth ranks as well, he knows a good player when he see's one and with the budget he'll have at United he'll be a force to be reckoned with imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:45 am

Feckin knew he was getting the boot after we ripped them up.  :laugh:

Solsjkaer  :laugh: Desperation or what. Wouldn't like to see them get either Poch, Zidane or Simeone  :no

From the BBC. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46604958
Who do they want and what do they want for the long term?

United's wishlist is for someone who can:
◾Get the most out of United's big-money signings and create an identifiable style.
◾Develop young players.
◾Understand the philosophy, culture and core values of the club including its attacking traditions.
◾Create a positive environment with players and staff.
◾Work within a new structure, including reporting to a technical director of football.

Brendan Rodgers is who they want  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:49 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm wrote:

Pochettino is a good manager, if United get him he'll soon get them all pulling in the same direction. Despite not having a big budget at Spurs he's taken them to 3 top 3 finishes in the last 3 years including their best finish in 54 years.
I remember reading an article in the echo a few years ago where coutinho credited him with kick starting his career, he got rid of Soldado etc at Spurs and promoted the likes of Kane and Ali from the youth ranks as well, he knows a good player when he see's one and with the budget he'll have at United he'll be a force to be reckoned with imo.

Could see Zidane having the same effect Yakka and the difference between him and poch would be in the transfer market. I could see nearly every player they want signing for him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Mannure have got the finances without question so they will always be strong in that field. Question that ponders in my mind is after Fergie are they going through a period like we did after Dalglish?

Maybe thing were different then because these days with the right management/players money can bring you success.

In our time we struggled to keep up with Man Utd to a certain extent they were the City of now, maybe not as financially strong.

For me Mannure can get to the top if they have the right man who brings in the right players.
I can guarantee if they had Klopp after Fergie mannure would possibly have won the title a few times.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion