Maureen United

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Wed May 25, 2016 8:57 am

Why is nobody on here talking about the (almost totally definite) appointment of Mourinho as manager of the mancs? its not a subject that would normally make liverpool fans go "meh..."

The inevitable implosion in 3 years time will surely be fun to watch but in the meantime he's going to get them playing again, bring in a couple of top level players, and maybe even have them challenging for the title again. it's what he does and the man united board know it. despite their distaste for the man they are banking on the short term results getting them back in the limelight. it would have been so much better if the genius football philosopher Van Gaal had stayed.

i guess having Guardiola and Mourinho in the same city managing rival teams could provide some entertaining fireworks, and i'm looking forward to seeing what happens between him and Klopp when they are sharing a touchline. But ultimately i feel that this is bad news for us.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 am

I mentioned it in the Klopp thread, the 2 manc teams now have the 2 top managers in world football. Here's to another 10 years of Manc dominance
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 am

Just gotta hope Klopp can outfox them both. Mourinho will be an inevitable success in the short term then the implosion will come as you say.

The league is bulging with top class managers now, will certainly be a very difficult league to win for anyone (transfers permitting anyway)
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 25, 2016 12:46 pm

His going to spend big like Van gaal did, he will find some success thats for sure. I was enjoying mannure finishing outside top 3.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 25, 2016 12:52 pm

He'll bring short term success, but think he'll leave them in a poorer state than he found them in. He always loses the plot around the end of his 2nd season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed May 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Just when I thought I couldn't despise that club anymore they surpass themselves with this appointment.

Like others have said he may bring them short term glory but implosion is just around the corner

I think the way the league has evened up in last couple of years he certainly find harder then rouble buying titles days with the Chavs

While I rather not have seen him go there, I still really cant see him building some Fergie like dynasty
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 25, 2016 3:27 pm

The Scum are going to do a Leeds. Perfection.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 26, 2016 9:01 pm

I was hoping they would have gave it to giggs myself  :nod

Can't stand him and totally despise the club so they will probably be a match made in heaven!!. I am really hoping though that they implode and he starts embarrassing himself and the club in every interview till they have no choice other than to bin him off .
Then they can give it to giggsy  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 27, 2016 6:37 pm

:D

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri May 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Lol thats mannure fans mate. His their new messiah now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:22 pm

So here's the thing ,there is no doubt bound to be a massive fire sale over at the Theatre of Queens what with the' Special gone' coming in ,so I've been thinking who (if any )
would suit Klopps style perfectly ,and after some serious mulling over I have arrived at just one player. Yes just one player !

Firstly let me explain why out of the entirety of the United squad I have one specific player in mind ,so lets list his attributes ,ferocious tackler ,superb vision ,quick with an eye for goal and on his game can completely dictate play from the middle of the park.

I've got you thinking now ,but before I reveal the name ,let me tell you about 22 /3 /15 ,the date may not be too familiar with some ,but it was Liverpool at home to United ,and in this game I watched our team being completely outplayed ,outfought, largely due to this fella being ridiculously good.

Here's the game in question ,and for those of you prefer to look away for fear of revisiting then you're free to do so ,but I assure all who view that it is so much more painful a watch when you're  sitting in the Kop.

Could we ? Should we ? are questions for are more discerning forum members to dissect.  I think he would suit our set up perfectly .....food for thought there lads  :;):

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:22 pm

They have an excellent squad imo. Any of De Gea, Blind, Shaw, Shneiderlin, schweinsteiger, Carrick, Herrera, Martial, Mata, Rooney, Rashford would walk straight into our starting 11. I expect Mourinho to add more worldclass talent to that list and get more out of the likes of Depay, Mata, P.Jones  and Darmian.

Realistically, we wont be signing any of their players but if I had to pick I'd take Martial in a heartbeat. I think he has what it takes to become the best player in the world. Out of the players they're likely to let go, Blind, Schweinsteiger, Herrera & Mata would be my top picks in that order.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 pm

If i had a choice i would take de gea. That man makes a hell of a difference.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:46 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:22 pm wrote:They have an excellent squad imo. Any of De Gea, Blind, Shaw, Shneiderlin, schweinsteiger, Carrick, Herrera, Martial, Mata, Rooney, Rashford would walk straight into our starting 11. I expect Mourinho to add more worldclass talent to that list and get more out of the likes of Depay, Mata, P.Jones  and Darmian.

Realistically, we wont be signing any of their players but if I had to pick I'd take Martial in a heartbeat. I think he has what it takes to become the best player in the world. Out of the players they're likely to let go, Blind, Schweinsteiger, Herrera & Mata would be my top picks in that order.

Martial certainly wont be on the managers list of players he wants to let go ,but Herrera now that could be a shaker. I was actually devastated when Moyes brought him from Spain because I thought he would transform their team in the same manner Scholes did ,it then beggars belief how he was so criminally underused by Van Gaal as
he would be the first name on the team sheet for me. Quality player who would suit Klopps pressing style perfectly sitting in with Can or Grujic .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:55 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:22 pm wrote:They have an excellent squad imo. Any of De Gea, Blind, Shaw, Shneiderlin, schweinsteiger, Carrick, Herrera, Martial, Mata, Rooney, Rashford would walk straight into our starting 11. I expect Mourinho to add more worldclass talent to that list and get more out of the likes of Depay, Mata, P.Jones  and Darmian.

out of that lot i would only agree that de gea, shaw, herrera, martial, and possibly mata would improve us. i'd like to see another season of rashford to see if he's the real deal or not.
carrick, schweinsteiger and rooney are past it. blind is nothing special and i'd take can over schneiderlin anyday.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion