Poch out Maureen in

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:43 am

Didn't expect that when I opened footy news today.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 am

Incredible that Maureen has slimed his way back into contention, he certainly will not be buying the league at Spurs though because their owners are notoriously stingy. He will have to earn his success for once, does he have it in him though? It will be interesting to see whether he will calm down as his M O used to be act like a *****, get the team in a “everyone is against us” mode (even though it is more like everyone is against him), the team gels for a couple of years and then it all implodes when he gets found out. I hope more of the same but somehow i think he will start off more humble, I cannot see it working honestly but time will tell. It should be noted that this is the first time since Porto (ManUre aside :laugh: ) he manages a second tier team and their issues namely stingy owners are not going to go away. Players will still want to leave as they don’t pay high enough salaries.

A team that gets managers sacked is normally a poisoned chalice, they deserve each other!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Complete mismatch

1. Spurs played the modern game with pressing and attacking fluidity under Poch> Watch the knives come out from the fans when he plays the "pragmatic" football he is renowned for .

2. Jose won't have a clue how to work within a tight budget.

Gone by Dec 2020 at the latest IMO.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby laza » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:09 pm

Geez didn't seem that long ago that Poch was heading out to a bigger club with what he had done  at spurs.

Its tough game one moment a Cockerel next a feather duster.

Except Maureen he just a plank
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:35 pm

This reminds me of the time we signed Mario Balotelli...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Poch didnt look happy at all and looked like it was only a matter of time before he went. He is free to go to manure now which I think is the real reason behind his departure.

This is Mourinhos last shot at a big club imo because if he behaves like he did at his last 2 clubs then no one else will touch him.
He has the foundations of a good side but wont have an endless pot to spend every year so it's a project that he will need to commit to. 
The standard of football the fans are used to will drop but I expect they realised that when appointing him.

Anyway I wouldn't expect his appointment to derail them but they might struggle for a few weeks till they get the hang of not playing football.

The question now is how long before Ole gets the boot :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion