Maureen's hypocrisy - Take a look in the mirror maud

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:45 pm

How do you say cheating in Catalan?" said the Blues boss.

"Can Messi be suspended for acting? Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy has learned very well. He's learned play-acting."

Take a look in the mirror Maud. The man who said absolutely nothing after Robben's play-acting to get Reina sent off is now bleating to the media about the actions of Messi. What makes it even funnier is the actions of his own player (Del Horno) who mirrored Messi attempts to feign injury. I thought it was hilarious. Both players went down, they both had a little look up and then they both started rolling and writhing in seperate directions. Pure comedy!

I hate to see players diving and play-acting and i hate to see them encouraging referees to get the cards out. Garcia went down like he'd been shot late on in the Benfica game although he got up very quickly to avoid what should have been a booking.

I would love to see the likes of Robben and Messi dealt with retrospectively by UEFA but the buck stops with the managers who conveniently stay quiet when the finger points at their own players but then bleat like lost sheep when they are the victim.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:49 pm

The likes of Messi? the likes of Messi put their knees in danger week in, week out, it's about the Essiens Lampards and Oriols who Uefa should take care.

We have a great player injured for 8 months, and at the beginning we feared for his career. we weren't granted even the foul, and the player who did the tackle is still playing and doing nasty tackles. The "experts" board said they couldn't ban Oriol the because the ref didn't concede a foul, and "they cannot thus consider it". That's how football works?

What we must remove first, before caring about acting or waving cards, are those nasty bástards that put a player 8 months out. I'd vote for banning them from games until the player is recovered.

Then we'll take care of more little thigies...  :angry:
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:18 pm

Sabre wrote:What we must remove first, before caring about acting or waving cards, are those nasty bástards that put a player 8 months out. I'd vote for banning them from games until the player is recovered.

Then we'll take care of more little thigies...  :angry:

It's not a bad idea Sabes and it might actually disuade a few of the nasty ba.stards out there to lower their studs but unfortunatley football will always have it's thugs who go in with 2 feet knee high when they've been skinned for the umpteenth time in a game. And your right, the powers that be probably don't do enough to curb the nasty tackles. Essien's recent 2 match ban for the legbeaker he put on Hamman was barely punishment and would have seemed even more harsh had Hamman been put out for the season (as could so easily have been the case.)

However, for me, the playacting and cheating is in some ways worse. It happens throughout the professional game and has seaped it's way down to the kids who grow up watching these pampered millionaires dive and cheat their way to the winning penalty or the decisive red card. I run the football team here at my college and see the playacting and diving happen on a regular basis (particularly when i have to ref.) A few of the football coaches i know say they see it now with kids just 10/11 years old.

I can see Messi is a cracking little player who looks like he could be one of the best but on the evidence of last night he is also a cheat who did his best to ensure an opposing player got sent off. Is he worse than your friend Oriol? No he isn't, he hasn't injured or hurt anyone but his actions still leave a bitter taste in the mouth.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:21 pm

How do you say,"What goes around comes around" in Portugese.The special one is clearly suffering from amnesia,or worse The Sir Alex syndrome,the whole world is against us.For a young man he has some serious health worries.His eyesight is poor,he never saw the goal that eliminated his team from last years Champions league.He saw things that no one else saw in the tunnel of the Nou Camp.His memory is failing as he doesnt remember the antics of a Porto side,a side he was managing.Nor does he recall how he came to meet Ashley Cole in a London hotel room.He suffers constant bouts of verbal diahoreea.How can a man whos Porto side cheated,and feigned injury to win the European cup have the audacity to complain now.No one likes cheats to prosper,but what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:17 pm

However, for me, the playacting and cheating is in some ways worse. It happens throughout the professional game and has seaped it's way down to the kids who grow up watching these pampered millionaires dive and cheat their way to the winning penalty or the decisive red card. I run the football team here at my college and see the playacting and diving happen on a regular basis (particularly when i have to ref.) A few of the football coaches i know say they see it now with kids just 10/11 years old.

We both agree in what's good for football and what's not. We only disagree in the punishment those attitudes should receive. Things like diving can be punished with a yellow card, and I think that's the correct measure. I also think there's some permissive refs with this behaviour, that forgive yellow cards. That should change all over the world.

To be honest, I don't think cheating in football is increasing ScotBot, in fact, football has reached in his history indecent amounts of cheating, some of which even in a serious competitions like the World Cup, as an example, I could put the Brazil - Argentina, in which Brazilians were offered bottles of water with a drug to sleep. That's there, and that's history of football.

Why do the kids of England do that more often then now? it's not because cheating has increased, but because the technology and cover of foreign leagues has increased, and because foreign players have arrived to England. A guy like Alex Ferguson, when he was a bast striker didn't have a telly to see how the Spaniards were playing, he just met them when he played against'em. Now, on the contrary, any lad can see what's Ronaldinho doing in Barcelona, and copies it. I think it's unavoidable. But I also think we're better than 30 years ago when it comes to cheating, although perhaps that's not English case, for me the country who has taken fair play more seriously in the world. And that's something you must be proud of. Your duty as a coach of lads is to punnish those attitudes a la usual way: dosis of bench, and some shouts to the lad :)

But I can't stand nasty players, the ref whistles and gives the foul, because that's NOT football and it's a foul. And a not football action that leaves out an opponent or might leave an opponent out of the game for months, always will be worse for me. Anyway, good post of yours! it's good to share views!
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:14 am

Mourinho has created the largest and most expensive squad of cheats in the world.He has turned some well respected footballers into habitual cheats and it's about time this blind media circus, that hang on to his every word, start to grill this cretin instead of drooling over his pathetic rants.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:13 am

We've all been saying that something that makes the wheels fall off the Chelsea wagon would be needed before the rest of us can catch up.  Rumours of dissent in the camp, blatant cheating, play-acting and the amazing soap opera that is Maurinho make me wonder if that's about to happen... not a moment too soon IMO.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:27 am

Shoot the b*stard.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion