Spurs V Liverpool Sat/15/09/18 Ko 12.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Huge bonus for us with Delli and Lloris out.

Son is a dangerman i am worried about.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:28 am

Its very important to get a win. It will make a huge statement that we are not messing about. As it is with all the games against our rivals, 6 points are at stake too...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am

We need to be taking points off the other big teams in the league if we are serious about challenging for the title this season.

First six pointer coming up.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:20 am

I think the line up will be

Alisson

AA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson

Henderson
Milner/Gini
Kieta

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Going to be a tough game
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Hisaingenis » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Hope to see them like this:

---------------Alison--------------
Clyne--Gomez--VVD--Roberston
-------------Henderson-----------
-------Keita-----------Wajnaldum---
----Mo-------Firminho-------Mane
Hisaingenis
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Going by Klopps comments earlier I doubt Fabinho will make his debut tomorrow. He is still talking about the change of league, team style etc, being a factor.  :down:  Strange one this as Fabinho has had more than enough time to get to grips with what we are about by now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:55 pm

I'd go for:

Alisson

TAA   Gomez   Virgil   Robo

Wijnaldum
        Milner   Keita

Salah  Firmino  Mane

Hope to see Fabinho in the second half to stabilize the midfield (as we usually tend to lose the mf battle in the second half) and Shaqiri and Henderson to add some much needed fresh legs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Over the 2 games last season Spurs where the team that caused us most problems, in fact they should have won at Anfield as well, better side.

In view of this a draw would probably be a good result but this team makes you think that any points dropped is a waste.

I predict that creditable draw and then spend all day wondering why we didn't win.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:37 pm

parchpea » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:03 pm wrote:Over the 2 games last season Spurs where the team that caused us most problems, in fact they should have won at Anfield as well, better side.

In view of this a draw would probably be a good result but this team makes you think that any points dropped is a waste.

I predict that creditable draw and then spend all day wondering why we didn't win.

Dembele always has a field day against our midfield, they just bounce of him, he breezes past them like they aren't there,  hopefully our MF can put up a bit more of a fight than they did in both games last year, second half at Anfield we were completely over run on our own patch, embarrassing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:37 pm wrote:
parchpea » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:03 pm wrote:Over the 2 games last season Spurs where the team that caused us most problems, in fact they should have won at Anfield as well, better side.

Dembele always has a field day against our midfield, they just bounce of him, he breezes past them like they aren't there,  hopefully our MF can put up a bit more of a fight than they did in both games last year, second half at Anfield we were completely over run on our own patch, embarrassing.

We started a midfield trio of Henderson, Milner, Can in the 2 games against them last season. I’d go for something slightly different this time out. I’d start Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum. Back 5 and front 3 as is.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:52 pm

aCe' » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:39 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:37 pm wrote:

We started a midfield trio of Henderson, Milner, Can in the 2 games against them last season. I’d go for something slightly different this time out. I’d start Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum. Back 5 and front 3 as is.

Yeah that's who I'd go with as well, I'd like to see Shaquiri introduced into the side in Phil's old AM position at some point but Spurs away (at Wembley) isn't the game for that, it's going to be all hands to the pump in that MF tomorrow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 pm

I'll be surprised if Klopp changes anything from the previous starting lineup...He is pretty stubborn in his player selection..something which I don't agree to...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:45 pm

I don’t see Fabinho being in the squad yet - Klopp will go for tried and tested

And Yakka - over 90% of Coutinhos appearances were part of the front three of behind a two
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 pm

To be fair to Emre as well he was physically quite strong, the 3 we will probably put out in the MF tomorrow will be even more lightweight than last years MF that got its @rse handed to it.
The one positive is that we have got a better defence/keeper now but if our midfield play like they did against Leicester we are going to be in trouble, Kane has scored 7 goals against us in 7 appearances and if our midfield can't keep Spurs away from our box he will probably add at least another couple to that tally.
No ifs or buts the midfield have to turn up tomorrow, these types of games define seasons, Spurs are going to have 80,000+ fans there, it's going to be hostile so they need to man up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 pm

I'll be satisfied with a draw, but ecstatic with a win.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp went with an unchanged line up. I don't think he will change anything until Tuesday.

Prediction : 1-1, 2-2, or 1-2 to us.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games