LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 am

He kind of reminds me of the ex Arsenal player Bendtner in the sense that he was more about the being a professional football player than playing like one. The selfies, flash car and number plate, his pad in California, hot girlfriend etc. He acts like he is a world class player without performing like one. I would have liked to seen him work extra in his holiday to get himself ready for the season to get the fans back on his side instead of being happy with the concussion excuse and going on holiday like business as usual. He will never be a great keeper with his attitude so we really should replace him now. I never turn on players due to performance but I do if I don't like the attitude. As I said, he will never be a great keeper, he does not have the size, presence, flexibility, control with his feet or even bravery to be a standout. False confidence and ego is a curse not a blessing.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 am

Pickford is a better keeper than karius.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 am

I suggest we make a point of not slagging the guy off on this forum. If Klopp's decided to play him then we have to live with it so there's no point bitchin'. Close his thread - pretty ominous!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 am

Klopp may be willing to use Karius no matter what happens but results will force his hand eventually. I just hate seeing us miss the opportunity to end this debate in the transfer market, or at least try to.

I could be wrong, maybe Karius will prove me wrong and become the next De Gea...............oh wait....  :oops:

killerp

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Maybe Ward will finally get his long deserved chance.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we stick with him and after his usual ***** ups, in Jan we go on a desperate rampage trying to seal a goal keeper, which eventually we find and pay waay over the odds.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Im no ITK but at a guess we have taken Shaqiri over Fekir and will use the Fekir money to buy a top class keeper.

That would make sense assuming there is a top end keeper that wants to come here and a club willing to sell.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 pm

parchpea » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:15 pm wrote:Im no ITK but at a guess we have taken Shaqiri over Fekir and will use the Fekir money to buy a top class keeper.

That would make sense assuming there is a top end keeper that wants to come here and a club willing to sell.

We haven't taken Shaqiri over Fekir. They are not linked. Fekir will be in the first team and play predominately in midfielder and Shaqiri has been bought to provide cover for the front 3. I'm pretty sure there will be more talks with Lyon on Fekir. We may still get him if we can renegotiate the payment structure.

For what it's worth I don't think we've thrown in the towel on Allison. It may less likely than likely but he does seem to Klopp's ultimate target. If Madrid don't move and Roma agree to a more reasonable fee I think we'll try and do the deal.
Eagle

Postby Franky000 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 pm

There is no way in hell that Karius will be our no.1 come the start of the season, I guarantee it. I think the only thing that’s saved him until now is Klopp’s loyalty to a fellow Germaan, plus wanting him to redeem himself so as to justify the transfer. However, letting him go now is the compassionate thing to do. If I were him I’d go back to the bundesliga to regain my confidence as this club is too big for him.
Franky000

Postby parchpea » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Apparently getting jeered by our fans at Bury today, don’t like that but it will be a very long season for him goals.

Liverpool fans are known for supporting people but sometimes a player transcends even that, Klopp must understand this isnt Germany either and there is a vicious side to supporters if they are unhappy with a player.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Got a standing ovation when he came out for the 2nd half. Truth is football fans are pretty fickle and if be starts the season with a couple of good games most people will be back on side. If he does start the season as 1st choice he'll just have to deal with opposition crowd and try to win over those fans who are prepared to jeer him.
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Reg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 am wrote:If Klopp's decided to play him then we have to live with it so there's no point bitchin'.

Listen Pal, You are Sooooo  WRONG ! I Know you think you are a footballing Guru in this forum, but you say ...."No Point bitchin" !?

You obviously don't watch many games from Singapore pal. We are bitching because this guy is an AMATEUR goalkeeper at best, bought from FC Mainz,

He makes Amateur type mistakes, and he punches the ball out instead of catching it also, which shows you he is not comfortable catching a ball. Basic goalkeeping skill, that one!

It fills me with horror, if Klopp plays this guy in the Prem next season, as it will cost us leads/ points in matches. I will be cringing every time a cross comes in or set piece is taken, as this guy has butter fingers!

I cannot forgive Karius as we worked unbelievably hard with a thin squad, to beat in the CL over two legs..Porto, Man City and Roma, to reach the final. We all watched those matches and it was so INTENSE and hard work to get to the final, and All our hard work was undone, by silly AMATEUR, IDIOTIC goalkeeping! I'm still fcking furious.  :veryangry

If Karius refunds all of the LFC fans their ticket cost, travel and hotel cost to get to Kiev, some who travelled for 2/3 days by car across Europe to get there! , on his probably 50k/week wages, then I WILL forgive him!

If not, I have every right to bitch and moan about this guy all I like. This guy is a LIABILITY and should not play in goal for us at the start of this season!

:nod  :rasp  :buttrock
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:07 am

He was and is always going to make a mistake but he surprised me that he did it so soon. After Klopp making a statement to stick with him he switches off when trying to catch a simple shot. He looked like he wished the ground would swallow him up.
Promoting Ward isn't the answer imo. He would have to be given a decent run of about 10 to 15 plus games which I cant see Jurgen giving him. If he makes a few mistakes also do we drop him then and hope one of the other 2 somehow improved.
Its time to sign a new keeper and preferably Oblak.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 am

Reg has got a point. The more we go on about how bad Karius is, the more pressure will be put on Special K. He must know how unbearable its going to get if he keeps playing him?
Ive said my piece, so I wont be commenting until after he goes...
:upside:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion