LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 pm wrote:I'm very concerned if this guy is gonna be in goal for us at the start of the season.

He has butter fingers and I will be nervous every time a cross comes in or a set piece etc comes anywhere near him.
I'm not saying we need to pay silly money for a keeper. I'd rather have an ageing Pepe Reina in goal than this tool.

Trust me, it will cost us leads/goals in matches next season, especially big matches, I'm certain.

He's amateur at best.
Slightly concerned if Klopp persists with him :nod
Well Klopp has publicly defended Karius mistake which speaks volumes. I said at the beginning of last year that sticking with Mignolet with Karius as back-up would eventually cost us.. and it cost us on the biggest stage in world football. I hope Klopp doesn't take the same gamble next year, because another disaster like last year will eventually lead to our best players leaving, and then we'll be back at square one.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:49 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 pm wrote:I'm very concerned if this guy is gonna be in goal for us at the start of the season.

He has butter fingers and I will be nervous every time a cross comes in or a set piece etc comes anywhere near him.
I'm not saying we need to pay silly money for a keeper. I'd rather have an ageing Pepe Reina in goal than this tool.

Trust me, it will cost us leads/goals in matches next season, especially big matches, I'm certain.

He's amateur at best.
Slightly concerned if Klopp persists with him :nod
Well Klopp has publicly defended Karius mistake which speaks volumes. I said at the beginning of last year that sticking with Mignolet with Karius as back-up would eventually cost us.. and it cost us on the biggest stage in world football. I hope Klopp doesn't take the same gamble next year, because another disaster like last year will eventually lead to our best players leaving, and then we'll be back at square one.

Agreed!

It's not rocket science is it. You need a solid goal keeper to sure up your defense. I don't agree with this "concussion" malarkey. The first mistake, throwing the ball into Benzemas path was to do with VISION, not concussion.

That's the sort of thing you see in amateur football, not the professional ranks...

I'm surprised Klopp is sticking with him, as MOST fans want him out.

Listen, the honeymoon period is over, Klopp needs to win us something this season, even just a league cup and finishing in second place (minimum) for us to have any further faith in our manager..

This is a results business, unfortunately, and I want to see some...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:17 pm

FFS, change the record people.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:48 pm

It was a hard shot but he should have clearly dealt with it better. Incidentally Ward pulled off a very good save in the first half.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 am

If Klopp sticks with Karius and Mignolet for this season then we are feked.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:58 am

Karius might need his own forum this season just a thought, dear me what a right mess we've caused backing him and creating a fake concussion story.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 am

Confidence wise if he doesn't recover quickly then we're playing a time bomb every week. VVD is the key person to pulling him out of this.

I have to admire LFC's willingness to give Oblak and Allisson the two fingers rather than overpay for a replacement however.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am

If he is going to remain as our No 1,  he needs a strong start to the season. The knives are out for him from all quarters and that needs to be quickly turned around otherwise we have a real issue on out hands. Problem is neither Karius or Mignolet are in the elite bracket of keepers in the league and it's a glaringly obvious weak position that we really need to address once and for all.
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 pm wrote:FFS, change the record people.

Agreed...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

The only way the fans will change the record is when Karius stops making basic errors. Otherwise we have every right to call him out on them.

It's not like it's something new, we've settled with average keepers for about 5/6 years now, and everytime we back them it bites us back in the butt.

We desperately need a confidant no1 it will be the difference between finishing 1st and finishing 4th.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:59 pm

I said this less than a week ago:
"The supporters wont forget or forgive his abysmal, wretched performance in the final.
I hope he doesnt try to come back because his first mistake will be jumped on and he will be hounded out.
He would be best just accepting he isnt good enough for LFC"

Last night's game has convinced me I was right. Karius will need an almost perfect performance every time he is between the sticks. Basically he needs a miracle, because every single mistake will be jumped on by everyone: the opposition fans, opposition players, our own supporters, the media, etc. There will be no place to hide, and if Klopp is going to defend him for every single fu'ck up, no matter how small, then he will be very, very busy with interviews next season.
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

The North Remembers!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:08 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 pm wrote:The only way the fans will change the record is when Karius stops making basic errors. Otherwise we have every right to call him out on them.

It's not like it's something new, we've settled with average keepers for about 5/6 years now, and everytime we back them it bites us back in the butt.

We desperately need a confidant no1 it will be the difference between finishing 1st and finishing 4th.

This
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 pm wrote:The only way the fans will change the record is when Karius stops making basic errors. Otherwise we have every right to call him out on them.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that the keeper position is one of our weaker positions in the team. But the scrutiny is ridiculous. Its a freakin pre season friendly and if Reina made the same mistake in a same situation no one would be batting an eyelid. What's next? He farted on the field?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion