LIVERPOOL v Chelsea Sat 25th Nov 5.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:44 pm

We've done well to recover from a bad start to both our premier league and champions league campaigns but we really need to start turning up in these big games. Okay we beat Arsenal early on but since then we've been hammered by Spurs and City and drew against United.
We need to win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 pm

At least if we lose it will only ruin half a Saturday  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 pm

We don't do anything the easy way. If we do win it will probably be 4-3 or some crazy score.
We cannot press for 90 mins, as per the sevilla game. We have the firepower to go three up in 30 mins, but second half we drop off, go to sleep and could concede.
We just need the three points.
I wouldn't mind seeing llalana feature in this one. I think the Midfield is a key area in this one, especially defending, providing cover etc. I think Klopp will play just three in midfield, he always does. It can be a bit risky in big matches.
Expect a roller-coaster ride folks.. :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 pm

This will be a tough one no doubt about that. Last season we had the upper hand against the top sides but so far it hasn't been good.

After the Sevilla collapse Conte will see it as an opportunity to knock us down even more. He will know our backline will be sh1t scared of set pieces and will be nervous.

Conte may set up his side defensively and aim to catch us on the counter.

This is a difficult one to predict i don't think it will be a high scoring game though. An edgy 1-1 draw or either team to win 2-1.

Funny thing is the whole mindset has changed since the Sevilla 2nd half. Had we beaten them i would have predicted us to win tomorrow.
This will be a massive test for us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 pm wrote:We don't do anything the easy way. If we do win it will probably be 4-3 or some crazy score.
We cannot press for 90 mins, as per the sevilla game. We have the firepower to go three up in 30 mins, but second half we drop off, go to sleep and could concede.
I wouldn't mind seeing llalana feature in this one. I think the Midfield is a key area in this one, especially defending, providing cover etc. I think Klopp will play just three in midfield, he always does. It can be a bit risky in big matches.

If we take a 2-0 lead in the first 30 mins or so then yup expect a roller coaster ride.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:34 pm

redshade » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:38 pm wrote:We don't do anything the easy way. If we do win it will probably be 4-3 or some crazy score.

If we take a 2-0 lead in the first 30 mins or so then yup expect a roller coaster ride.

A lot of teams will now be able to sus us out, and chelsea will definitely have a game plan. They will probably push forward in the second half, as we tend to sit back. This game could be any score.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:42 pm

I think our front 4 will deffo cause Chelsea problems (tbf i think our front 4 would cause anyone problems) it's just a question wether the other 7 can do their jobs as well as the front 4 do theirs.
IMO what Jurgen needs to do is, say, start with Hendo and Wijnaldum in central midfield behind Coutinho, tell them both to run their @rses off for an hour, tell them to chase every lost cause like their lives depend on it, tell them not to pace themselves for the full 90 but to just give it everything they've got.
Then, after about 50 - 60 minutes, he should replace the pair of them with Can and Grujic.
Where we seem to lose our grip on games is the last half hour when our 2 centre mids start to flag and we start dropping off players, if I have one criticism of Jurgen it's that he doesn't react quick enough to this happening.
I think a double change of our 2 CM's around the hour mark (after they have given everything) could be as effective for our game as moving to a back 3 was for Chelsea last year.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:14 pm

We shall know how our season has progressed, that we have turned a corner, when we start putting the big teams away. Starting today.
We failed to beat Spurs, Man Utd and City, so we could do with winning this one.
I'd go with :
Migs
Gomez Matip Lovren Robertson
Llalana wjnaldum Coutinho
Salah firminho Mane

Although Klopp will probably play captain marvel instead of llalana.
Amen :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:14 am wrote:We shall know how our season has progressed, that we have turned a corner, when we start putting the big teams away. Starting today.
We failed to beat Spurs, Man Utd and City, so we could do with winning this one.
I'd go with :
Migs
Salah firminho Mane

I'd love to see that line up but preferably against one of the lesser lights of the division, it's too risky to field an XI as attacking as that against a renowned counter-punching outfit like Chelsea imo.
I'd still go with the front 4 of Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino but I'd play the extra workhorse in MF instead of Lallana.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:39 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:14 am wrote:We shall know how our season has progressed, that we have turned a corner, when we start putting the big teams away. Starting today.
I'd go with :
Migs
Salah firminho Mane

I'd love to see that line up but preferably against one of the lesser lights of the division, it's too risky to field an XI as attacking as that against a renowned counter-punching outfit like Chelsea imo.
I'd still go with the front 4 of Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino but I'd play the extra workhorse in MF instead of Lallana.

Klopp always plays three in midfield though, and none of them can really defend well. So playing another counter attacking team, its risky as you can get overrun in midfield. Id play a 4-5-1, but klopp never plays four or five in midfield.
So we risk getting caught on the break, just like against Spurs and Man City, unfortunately.  :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Conte will keep it compact so i feel midfield will be the key here.

I like GhostofShankley team but like yakka said it is a bit too attacking for a match against a well organised Chelsea side.

However saying that maybe Klopp could instruct Lallana to play deep with Wijnaldum. Lallana is very good at pressing and interceptions etc..
Lallana though has the tendency to attack so i guess it won't work.

Klopp will play captain "marvel" and wijnaldum.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:12 pm

We need to come out firing like against sevila, pressing and winning the ball back.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Spurs losing 1-0

Mancs 0-0 so far.

If only they would stay like that.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Cmon red men!! Let's give these chelsea boys a whooping. I wanna see sexy football :). If Hendo scores another 25 yarder like that fluke at Stamford Bridge, then he can still b*gger off!! :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games