Liverpool vs Arsenal Sun 27th 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Super performance from us some breathtaking attacking. Firminho, Salah and Mane can rip any team apart.
Salah and Can were excellent.

Mané: 3 goals - 1 assist
Firmino: 3 goals - 3 assists
Salah: 3 goals - 1 assist
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Have to say I was not expecting a performance like that, we were absolutely imperious.
From 1 to 11 we were magnificent, as for MoM just give it to the whole team.
What a way to go into an international break.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Midfield 3 were great. Hendo's passing leaves thing to be desired, but his pressure, tackling, and I'll actually say leadership was fantastic. He's really growing into that captain's role, which is concerning because I think he's probably the worst of the 3 and he'll be hard to bench. Can and Wjnaldum were fantastic together. I think it's really important we get Can signed on soon. Lovely game to watch, and a great way to finish the weekend. The front 3 were just unstoppable, and there seems to be a genuine joy playing for the club right now.

To think we were this good without Coutinho, Lallana, Robertson Clyne and Mignolet... Those are 5 who are starters on another day. Jurgen will have some selection dilemmas when everybody's fit and if we hold onto Coutinho.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Fantastic performance. Absolutely fantastic.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Excellent, Excellent WIN, I must admit I didn't expaect a walk over Arsenal apart from being a close game.
The player who stood out from me is CAN, he is almost give the same performance weekly!, and I just don't understand why the club owner have not given him a long and impoved contract, it is beyond me, they gave a long contract to the disgraceful Coutinho, and we see his loylity at present time. The club should cash in on him and demand £150M, and kick him out ASAP.

The cheery on cake was Sturridge goal.
algymoon

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm

algymoon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 pm wrote:Excellent, Excellent WIN, I must admit I didn't expaect a walk over Arsenal apart from being a close game.
The player who stood out from me is CAN, he is almost give the same performance weekly!, and I just don't understand why the club owner have not given him a long and impoved contract, it is beyond me, they gave a long contract to the disgraceful Coutinho, and we see his loylity at present time. The club should cash in on him and demand £150M, and kick him out ASAP.

What's got into you then sunshine? You're usually a miserable shyte...
:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 pm

All we need is a couple of additions lads and we will have an amazing season. Im hopind we don't miss out on this great opportunity.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:37 pm

algymoon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 pm wrote:Excellent, Excellent WIN, I must admit I didn't expaect a walk over Arsenal apart from being a close game.

Can reminded me of Graeme Souness out there today, big, strong, great on the ball and completely dominant in the middle of the park. I think that probably wasn't far off Emre's best performance in a red shirt myself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Absolutely made up with that performance which must have been good,  as its rather  strange to see no one moaning :D

I better keep the universe in balance and state, Why the fck do with have international break so soon into the season and it always seems to come to when we are on the roll
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:05 am

IF we get couple of signings the break could be a good thing. New players can get into our training regiment for two weeks in order to get ready for the hectic schedule after the break.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:54 am

laza » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:56 pm wrote:...  strange to see no one moaning :D

Watch Arsenal Fan TV for that....  :laugh:

WENGER IN!!!!!!! :eyebrow
killerp

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:54 am

:D yup its early entertainment over there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:33 am

Incredible performance. Not sure many teams would have lived with us today. Arsenal were bad but we did a fantastic job of making them look even worse. The attack is absolutely frightening and a joy to watch. Firmino  continues to improve and is beginning to look like a real player. Mané is the  new Suarez !! Salah is looking like an excellent purchase considering we paid less than £40m. His energy is ridiculous and much like Mané he also contributes a lot in defence. Big shout out for Moreno as well.  He played his nuts off and did some very impressive work. Alberto has looked very good all season including the preseason.  It's a little bit like having a new player and he is beginning to show why Liverpool spent an entire summer trying to get him from Seville. Klopp  and the coaching team have to take a lot of credit for the way this lad is playing. Can  is also looking magnificent and it is no wonder that Juventus are sniffing around.  A lot of fans have criticised him for wanting £100,000 a week and playing hard ball over his contract. The way the lad has started this season £100,000 a week actually looks cheap !! We need to get his signature on paper very quickly.

On a final note and this really has to go down to the management, our work rate and attitude was right up there with anything I have seen while supporting Liverpool over the last 55 years !! Synergy and  belief our the true ingredients of any successful team in any sport.  Yesterday we witnessed the power of those ingredients in bucketloads.

Feel for me lads.  I had to give away my tickets to go to a family and friends event !!!!  :(  :(  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:24 am

Great result against a team that wanted to open things up and that suited us, to be fair they are not in the best place. We should also have a good performance against city then it will be back to the bus parkers. Will have to wait until Spurs before we get to play a team that wants to play football again.

Have we learned from last year...
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:37 pm wrote:
Can reminded me of Graeme Souness out there today, big, strong, great on the ball and completely dominant in the middle of the park. I think that probably wasn't far off Emre's best performance in a red shirt myself.

:nod  Completely agree, and as others have suggested we should get the fella's contract sorted damn quick. If he carries on producing that kind of form he's gotta be regarded as essential to our midfield.

Give him what he wants before somebody else does !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games