Torres on Liverpool- portrayed as traitor

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:45 am

Superb player who electrified every game he played in.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:43 am

Reg » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:45 am wrote:Superb player who electrified every game he played in.

This was him in the beginning and middle but but his last couple of years he was moody, he sulked around in games and complained to the referees the whole time. Was a negative influence and was bringing the team down so he had to be sold, was happy when he left. When he looks back at his career he will remember his time at Liverpool as the best in his career. When the fans sung his name it pushed him and the whole team on and he never saw that before or since.

As someone else said, at least Suarez gave 100% to win before he left.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 am

He was phenomenal in his first three seasons with us, 72 goals in 116 appearances ! (all competitions). After knee surgery near the back end of his third season he was never the same player.

Consequently I wasn't devastated too see him leave but what rankled was that he went to Chelsea !!!

If he had gone to a club outside of the premiership I think he'd still be a hero for most LFC fans. I'll always remember with admiration those first three seasons he gave us but moving to Chelsea was unforgivable.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:04 pm

I prefer to remember the positive aspects, the bouncing Kop, the 'lad from Spain', the joy he gave us rather then the last 12 months of sulking and want-away. Remember Nan and Ciggy's happiness.....

Sure he went to Chelsea but what was more upsetting is how we wasted the money and  - to be honest - how the lad completely threw away his career for a few gold coins. It could have turned out better however it was destined to fall apart.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:52 pm

I think he should have kept quiet and retained the mystery ,his latest comments just make him sound even more mercenary. Great striker ,and I will cherish the moments of complete class he gave to us Kopites ,but his name could have meant so much more to Reds fans than just simply memories of his ruthless efficiency in front of goal . I hope every time he looks at his YNWA tattoo he gets that hollow feeling conducive with losing a once loyal family ! No amount of medals can quell that feeling of a bond  that was truly special being lost forever. If he had stayed the lad could have been an absolute legend ,rather than someone who just simply passed through.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion