Our next 4 league games - what will we get?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:12 pm

With optimism slowly return to this board, I thought now might be a good time to reintroduce this thread....how many points will we get out of our next four league games?

Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Man City v Liverpool
Liverpool v Swansea
Southampton v Liverpool

If we get 9 points from these games then we'll be sitting pretty in the top 4 before the busy December run of games. Personally I think we'll get 7 (2 wins and a draw) but anything more will be a huge boost. Especially with the January transfer window coming up.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:05 pm

I take it you were aiming at only considering the league games, and since Southampton away is a cup game and we're playing Newcastle away in the league instead, I think it would be realistic to hope for 9 points from our next 4 games. If we can manage that I think finishing 4th will be a VERY realistic target.

But, let's take it step by step. Next game is Rubin Kazan away, hoping we can win that one to further boost our confidence.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:13 pm

damjan193 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:05 pm wrote:I take it you were aiming at only considering the league games, and since Southampton away is a cup game and we're playing Newcastle away in the league instead, I think it would be realistic to hope for 9 points from our next 4 games. If we can manage that I think finishing 4th will be a VERY realistic target.

But, let's take it step by step. Next game is Rubin Kazan away, hoping we can win that one to further boost our confidence.

I think that's what we need to do, we can't look too far into the future we've just got to make sure we back up this great win today with another good performance midweek. If we can score a few goals on Thursday then even better, it's actually a relief to see us score more than 1 goal in a game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Step by step, we're still a disjointed unit with no indepth goal scorers, what's important is we get to the January transfer window in the best possible shape then see whether we bring anyone in to strengthen the attack. Onwards and upwards.

:buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:52 pm

8 points and the lads have done good.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Liverpool v Crystal Palace  - WIN   3pts
Man City v Liverpool   -  DRAW   1pt
Liverpool v Swansea    -   WIN  3pts
Newcastle v Liverpool    -  WIN   3pts

10 points thank you very much
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Our next Prem game against Palace will be a good yardstick to how we're evolving under Klopp ,no doubt it will be a testing 90 mins with Pardew's boys playing well at the minute ,but I'm hoping we can set our marker down for teams visiting Anfield for the rest of the season, and subsequently allay the anxiety of the players and the crowd that has haunted our recent home performances. Until we have a gauge on how we will play at our place ,and we can
play with the confidence with which we play away ,then I wouldn't like to estimate how many points we will collate.

Hopefully he rest of the ground find their voices ,and not just the Kop ,only then can we start creating an atmosphere that merits the word 'extraordinary'
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 pm

Crystal Palace - need to win that, 3 points

City - could cop a loss as long as we fight until the end. Happy with a draw, but assume a loss. 0 Points

Swansea Home - 3 points. No questions.

Newcastle away - must win, they are Sh*t.

Happy with 9 points, stoked with 10.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:47 pm

I feel our mentality has to change, we should take one game at a time. This season will be all about trying to make progress under new management.
We do get carried away when a few results go our way.
There will be loads ups and downs this season, it will be a bumpy ride.
We all know there is a huge chance to snap 4th spot this season, 
anything is possible. We could also win a trophy or two.
However its best to keep expectations even and enjoy the good times. When we raise our expectations were always left bitterly disappointed.
Yes we are Liverpool our expectations are always high however there are times when you have to assess what we have in store and look more realistically at things.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Needed a win against Palace but 7 points from the next 3 isn't a disaster especially if we don't lose to citeh

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:55 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:50 pm wrote:Needed a win against Palace but 7 points from the next 3 isn't a disaster especially if we don't lose to citeh

After the loss to Palace the City game becomes even more important, if we lose on Saturday and United beat Watford that will leave us 10 points adrift of 4th place.
Granted our toughest away fixtures will all out of the way but even so 10 points is a big gap to make up on sides like United, Arsenal and City etc.
We pulled a big result out of the bag at Stamford Bridge 3 weeks ago and we might just have to do something similar at the Etihad if we want to realistically finish in the top 4. If the season started tomorrow we'd do well to get to next May with the same points as United never mind finish 11 points ahead which is what we are going to have to do. Don't get me wrong I don't think this United side are anything special but they do seem to have mastered the art of collecting points without playing particularly well which is something we struggle to do.
I know it's still early but if we lose this one I think top 4 will have gone, the gap will be too big.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:18 pm

How did we get on against City?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Well, winning 9 points out of these 4 games is still on after fixing our mistake of losing against Palace with winning against City. If we are to stand a chance at getting top 4 we must win the following two games though. Both are in poor form at the moment so there should be no excuses if we don't beat them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion