Our league games to come - Chance for a good run?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:03 pm

our premier league fixtures up until the next transfer window are:

15 Oct, 2005 Blackburn Rovers  H
22 Oct, 2005 Fulham  A
29 Oct, 2005 West Ham United  H
05 Nov, 2005 Aston Villa  A
19 Nov, 2005 Portsmouth  H
26 Nov, 2005 Manchester City  A
03 Dec, 2005 Wigan Athletic  H
10 Dec, 2005 Middlesbrough  H
17 Dec, 2005 Sunderland  A
26 Dec, 2005 Newcastle United  H
28 Dec, 2005 Everton  A
31 Dec, 2005 West Brom  H

===================================

not being funny but, can anyone see us NOT getting at least 27 points from that lot . december will be TOUGH. and with the business end of the CL group stages on top.. it will be a hard 'ask' thats for sure! i think its attainable though, along with progression to the CL knock-outs.. time will tell.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:10 pm

red37 wrote:not being funny but, can anyone see us NOT getting at least 27 points from that lot .

Err, me for one if your doing a head-count.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:11 pm

well maybe were going to HAVE to get them

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:13 pm

but liverpool have always been this way - when our fixture list looks promising we never make the most out of it.

Slipping up against cr@p teams is a regular occurence. If we draw with Birmingham 2-2, trying to beat teams such as Fulham and Blackburn with the same cr@p 4-5-1 tactics is gunna be tough
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:15 pm

I think there's 12 games there. 8 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat would do the trick. It's not impossible but would need a dramatic upturn in form. If we go 4-4-2 then mid twenties are attainable points wise, 4-5-1 may though result in 5 or 6 draws so making mid to high teens more likely. 27 points though? If I was a betting man (and I am) I would make cut on the spreads at about 21.5 points.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:16 pm

I agree we should have a good run,but considering we had middlesbrough,Sunderland and Birmingham call me over optimistic and before anyone says we did better than last season.After becoming European champions and the confidence  i thought that might bring ......i was expecting 9 points
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:27 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:but liverpool have always been this way - when our fixture list looks promising we never make the most out of it.

Slipping up against cr@p teams is a regular occurence. If we draw with Birmingham 2-2, trying to beat teams such as Fulham and Blackburn with the same cr@p 4-5-1 tactics is gunna be tough

then its about time that outlook changed.. if we count on the 'rallying' draw against birmingham, SCS as the 'standard' at which we are at i.e(go behind before playing a bit...school)herein..UNTIL january, and if some of you are 'ok' with that....
then i for one am seriously over-estimating this club!  :no

at least that amount of points is going to have to be expected im afraid, if we are to breach the top 4, especially, now as our contemporaries are gaining momentum..

if its back to the drawing board first before we actually GET somewhere, so be it  :(  and again we'll wait.......
if im being asked  'do i think we are GOOD enough to get 27 points?'
the only possible answer, guided i suspect, by blind faith.. has to be  YES , we are.. or it does at least if we hold any ambition to get them.
Last edited by red37 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:50 pm

i thought this last night...'what if, todays result turns out to be a good thing'
i did not immediately after the game feel like thinking anything of the sort!   its only after due reflection, coming in here, cooling off, call it what you will..ive come round to thinking it was a kind of 'watershed' yesterday...

all week and indeed SINCE the luis garcia goal in may, weve had this HUGE media hyped balloon hanging over proceedings. and its all been about rafa and jose, lets face it, the 'goal' has been icing on their cake, but the real 'ratings' smash has been the 'who's the best tactician' show...'who is better looking' 'who is the most boring?' ' who has the dodgiest background' show....its not even about the liverpool vs chelsea FOOTBALL match. really?
weve had mind games and counter-claims.. in other words SKY have done their best to 'put on a show'
a clash of the titans, david and goliath!  all the hype, and all the associated b.ullshit.....
rafa cant fail to have been affected by it all, however cool and collected he appears. it even got to the point where he  himself was being drawn into the 'mire'....

now its over.....................

we were beaten in a league game.well.  end of story.but thats it. for now jose has the upper hand, end of show!

it never has and never will be the way at this club to 'blow off' or to trumpet our achievements to all and sundry. we are prouder than that..
thats why, when all the dust has settled.. and these damn internationals have gone (hopefully injury free)

a time of reflection and regrouping will occur. and i for one EXPECT there to be a backlash! in our favour....so all the talk of 27 points being out of reach! just cant even be entertained.
its not s.hit or bust yet.. but remember last seasons collapse.
even with THIS squad rafa will have learnt how to prevent that from EVER happening again... and your not even getting EVENS for that.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby dward » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:53 pm

liverpoolfc.tv isn't letting me watch the highlights of yesterdays game :D :D :D
Last edited by dward on Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion