Next three league games

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:16 pm

Away at Norwich City
Home to Manchester United
Away at Southampton

I think we should be able to get all 9 points from those three games if not that then 7 points wouldn't be all that bad as Everton have started to slip and Boro will do the same as they have a tough schedule.

Everything that could go wrong for us has gone wrong and we've survived. We're still in it and still can finish in the top four. Yes Xabi Alonso is a major asset to our squad but we will survive without him, we have to as we have no other choice. This is not a one man squad, we need to go on a run again to get our confidence going.

Yesterday we played quality quality football but because we didn't have a quality striker on the pitch and due to the fact that the ref bottled it for us, we couldn't get any points. Benitez and the squad have shown what they can do at their best. The Transfer Market is open and what we really really need is a proven striker. Getting a good striker should be our main priority.

We don't need a new goalkeeper imo, theres no need for one imo. A goalkeeper could play a superb game and let one in and he's a villian so there is no point of getting one. Maybe in the summer but not now. Apart from getting a striker, I think a good defender and a winger should strengthen our squad.

Morientes,Anelka and Aimar are the supposedly our targets, whether we will get them we will know after tomorrow's game according to Rafa. It's not all doom and gloom as even with the injuries and all we're still pretty much alive.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:54 pm

A.B. wrote:Home to Manchester United

It will be a pretty tough game...
77-1099054247

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:10 pm

I didn't say it was easy but you aren't unbeatable.

Nunez has improved in the past three or four games. I think he will be an essential squad player maybe he'll become a bigger player than that but I think he will score a couple of goals this season. He has pace, he isn't afraid of taking defenders on and makes good crosses but the problem is that because we don't have a quality striker, "fox in the box" mostly nobody gets at the end of the crosses.

Meanwhile Garcia has played poorely. I think he has lost a bit of his confidence but he's no midfielder. He's best when playing right behind the main striker and I think thats where he should play against Norwich.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion