My first liverpool game - Liverpool through our children's eyes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Raoul » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:44 pm

I thought it would be fun for us to have a thread for our kids to post their stories of their first Liverpool experience.

My son's first Liverpool experience was waking up ridiculously early and discovering Dad watching Liverpool on TV. It just so happened to be late on in a certain game we played in Istanbul. I remember my son laughing as his father danced like an idiot (but silently, so as not to wake up the rest of the house) around the lounge at the end of the penalty shootout. Of course, he was very young then and has no memory of it himself, though he has heard me tell the story more than once.

My son's first significant Liverpool experience then was watching the Red's live this preseason. He is now a confirmed fan after the experience. This is it in his own words:

"Last night is when Liverpool FC came to play Guangdong Sunray Cave FC. But it started like this…

Me and my family had a great dinner with some friends who were coming with us to watch Liverpool. For dinner we had snake, eel, chicken, beef, popcorn and soup. The food was good. But playing on Simon’s iPhone was better. I played Angry Birds and a car game. Then it was time for the GAME!

There were a lot of Liverpool fans there and one Sunray Cave fan. At the football game there was a man in a Chelsea shirt and Liverpool is a big enemy of Chelsea.  So the Liverpool fans started yelling ‘take it off’ but he did not.

During the game there were a group of people who were yelling out “Liverpool! Liverpool!” on the other side of the stadium. Then that is when I would start the shouting on my side of the stadium.

The game was great! It ended 3 to 4, Liverpool had won! I felt so happy when Liverpool won. They are such a good team. When we got home it was 2 minutes until midnight."
Last edited by Raoul on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Thats basicly how I became a fan but instead of watching it live it was from watching footie with my father on the TV every weekend.

Sunray Cave have also got to go down as one of the silliest names for a football team.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Posting this in the throes of the end of the transfer window wasn't all that smart!

Lads and lassies, get those kids of yours to sharpen their pencils and tell us their "first" Liverpool stories. I'd love to hear 'em.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion