Liverpool v Villa

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby killerp » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 am

This result should stop any further talk of a top 4 finish. I doubt there is any single player that we can afford that will change our wastefulness in the last third.

Gutted by this result
killerp

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 am

The players just dont look interested !!  I hope rodgers got tore into them after that its like they know in their hearts theyre gonna lose - the final ball is awful and nobody gets into the box all this pass pass pass is getting on my tits  GET THE BALL FORWARD!!! 
As much as i love suarez , does magical things but needs to look up and play the right ball sometimes instead of shooting from impossible angles and trying to beat the field - FRUSTRATING
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 am

Have you noticed BR likes to pick guys like Downing, Cole and Henderson for matches of late? BR I am sure knows they are not good enough but they are being selected to be placed on the January shop window, to recoup some money back from their sales and unfortunately at the expense of results
alwayslfc

Postby RedHands » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:38 am

Waited a few days to post so that I could calm down because I was p*ssed after this game.

Truly, some of you are overreacting a little bit. Yes, we lost 3-1 but it wasn't nearly that bad. We were f*cking battering them for the first half-hour and if they had scored in that period or Pepe Reina doesn't get beat near post for the first goal (such poor positioning), I think we would have won the game comfortably because we wouldn't have had to commit so many players forward. Also If we hadn't conceded the 3rd goal in second half, I also think there's a good chance we would have come back to tie or win the game. Villa rode their luck and sometimes results like this happen in football.

I think we should probably look to replace Reina. He's probably one of the worst starting GK's in the league at the moment. Also, Suarez is a frustrating player. Yes, he does score incredible goals sometimes but he also can't make a 5 yard pass under no pressure at all (I'm talking about him hitting it behind Gerrard in first half). We'd be much better off with a forward that is a better passer that also chips in with some goals so if an  offer north of 30m comes in I say sell. He's scored 10 goals this season of off like 100 shots. Michu is on 12 goals with less than half of that many goal attempts. Downing and Henderson were pretty good so get off their backs.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby mkingdom » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Horrible game, shocking performance and a bobbins result.

We are consistently inconsistent, and I expect this to be the case for the rest of the season.

However, BR needs two full seasons before we even start to think of a change there.  We wouldn't attract anyone better, we'd have to pay BR off and no doubt buy someone out of a contract somewhere else, AND then start to change the squad to their tastes.  We can't afford to do that in both sense of the word.

As painful as games like this are, I think we just have to hunker down and get through them and give BR those two seasons.  As much as it hurts, doing anything silly at this stage would be foolish.

Let's just hope the next window delivers, and then we improve again in the summer.
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:41 pm

amazing to think that since 2000 we've conceded three at home in a league game six times, three of which have been against villa.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games