Liverpool v Villa

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 pm

gutted and we were actually worse 2nd half.
really frustrating and not good enough at all. the better side walked away with the 3 points and your only fooling yourself thinking otherwise.
you really made a fool of yourself today brendan so lets hope you learned another valuable lesson :glare:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Not as excuse for the loss but since losing to City, Villa have been unbeaten in the last six games.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 pm

We haven't managed to string together more than a couple of league wins back to back all season but I genuinely felt this would be a turning point. We weren't altogether convincing against west ham right enough, but with the realisation that we were only four points from fourth despite such an atrocious start, Suarez returning to the fold having had an extended rest, the extra two days rest for the others, home advantage and the standard of the opposition we could hardly have had a better opportunity to gain some real momentum. Instead we find ourselves on the end of an a'rse whooping...farcical.
LFC2007

Postby Doeboy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Such soft goals to concede. Benteke had so much space to look up and measure his shot for the first. For the second, I think it was Lucas who didn't track his man and the 3rd Cole loses the ball and Benteke gets in with out any real challenge. Poor goals to concede. Benteke looks a decent player but think we definitely aided that today with some real sloppy play. Gutted and ***** off
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Not a surprise really we are financed to be average and have a team that represents
the price of the product.

Kiss of death was Rodgers getting giddy in the week with all this talk of top 3 and you
know what happens after that, this result. I assume he was interviewed at the Christmas
party perhaps with Claire Rourke sat on his knee.

Liverpool cannot be getting done like this at home to anyone let alone a young Villa team
and a club also at the mercy of tight fisted American owners.

January window should be great fun cannot wait for that to kick off like and Werner and
Ayre no doubt have the propoganda speeches already prepared for the masses.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:14 pm

BR was talking about finishing 2nd. The man knows how to talk but delivers very little. Beginning to think he's a charlatan. Should have re-appointed Rafa in the summer instead of this unproven young manager with no record of winning anything yet.
alwayslfc

Postby syma76 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm

BR got it wronged. Tactically, game plan, line-up etc. Downing just had a good game today.
syma76

Postby yellsub66 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 pm

alwayslfc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:14 pm wrote:BR was talking about finishing 2nd. The man knows how to talk but delivers very little. Beginning to think he's a charlatan. Should have re-appointed Rafa in the summer instead of this unproven young manager with no record of winning anything yet.

To be fair though what could Rafa do with this group of players and without big money backing from FSG?
yellsub66

Postby The Raven » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:58 pm

yellsub66 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm wrote:
alwayslfc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:14 pm wrote:BR was talking about finishing 2nd. The man knows how to talk but delivers very little. Beginning to think he's a charlatan. Should have re-appointed Rafa in the summer instead of this unproven young manager with no record of winning anything yet.

To be fair though what could Rafa do with this group of players and without big money backing from FSG?

Win the champs league?

GK 1  Jerzy Dudek
RB 3  Steve Finnan
CB 23  Jamie Carragher
CB 4  Sami Hyypiä
LB 21  Djimi Traoré
DM 14  Xabi Alonso
RM 10  Luis García
CM 8  Steven Gerrard (c)
LM 6  John Arne Riise
SS 7  Harry Kewell   
CF 5  Milan Baroš 

That is what he put out vs milan.   

Baros was *****, Kewell was worse than downing, Traore? Finnan wasnt a world beater
The Raven

Postby syma76 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:02 pm

BR should realize that he's inherited the squad which is originally setting up for 442 game play. He should gradually change it either the formation or the player. His problem so far is getting the best out from the player and finding his own style/game plan.
syma76

Postby yellsub66 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:07 pm

The Raven » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:58 pm wrote:
yellsub66 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm wrote:

Win the champs league?

GK 1  Jerzy Dudek
RB 3  Steve Finnan
CB 23  Jamie Carragher
CB 4  Sami Hyypiä
LB 21  Djimi Traoré
DM 14  Xabi Alonso
RM 10  Luis García
CM 8  Steven Gerrard (c)
LM 6  John Arne Riise
SS 7  Harry Kewell   
CF 5  Milan Baroš 

That is what he put out vs milan.   

Baros was *****, Kewell was worse than downing, Traore? Finnan wasnt a world beater

Fair point...very well made  :)
yellsub66

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:42 pm

FREAK RESULT ALERT !!!

From The Times August 25, 2009

Angry Rafael Benítez points finger at Steven Gerrard for defeat

Rafael Benítez blamed his senior players — including Steven Gerrard — after watching Liverpool lose 3-1 to Aston Villa at Anfield last night.

The Liverpool manager did not pull any punches after the surprise setback, Liverpool’s second defeat of the season. It brought to an end an unbeaten home run in the Barclays Premier League that had stretched back to December 2007.

Deja Vu anyone ? Bad result ,against a manager who even when he managed Norwich had the measure of Rodgers .The sooner we put this dreadful wasteful
performance behind us the better.

I wont comment on individual performances because quite simply we lacked any quality in the final third ,and failed dismally in playing as a team .
Although, accepting it for what it was ,a comprehensive defeat with little positives ,might just prove the kick up the ***** the players so desperately need .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 pm

My sympathy to the fans who paid into Anfield today, to witness a gutless performance like that. No excuses are acceptable for being turned over by a side as poor as Villa. Un-fookin-believable, that was..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 pm

I have to say that today we were simply sh'ite
I cant think of one player who did well or even looked like they were ar'sed in the slightest. Suarez was back to his wasteful best, Shelvey was clueless, Sterling was cack, Joe Allen was as weak as a kitten, Johnson stunk the place out, Reina is a shadow of his former self and Gerrard is either injured or past it. The rest were so bad that I cant be bothered talking about them.
Were Villa so good that they won at a cantor or were we so bad that we made it look that way. They had 3 chances and scored 3 easy goals and the manner in which they were scored made me feel ill. Talk about chalk and cheese! Where were the battlers from last week who would not surrender after going behind?
Careless, passionless, useless. They should all be bollocked and made to watch the video, then make public apologies for that impotent display.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby eds » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:34 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:40 pm wrote:I have to say that today we were simply sh'ite
I cant think of one player who did well or even looked like they were ar'sed in the slightest. Suarez was back to his wasteful best, Shelvey was clueless, Sterling was cack, Joe Allen was as weak as a kitten, Johnson stunk the place out, Reina is a shadow of his former self and Gerrard is either injured or past it. The rest were so bad that I cant be bothered talking about them.
Were Villa so good that they won at a cantor or were we so bad that we made it look that way. They had 3 chances and scored 3 easy goals and the manner in which they were scored made me feel ill. Talk about chalk and cheese! Where were the battlers from last week who would not surrender after going behind?
Careless, passionless, useless. They should all be bollocked and made to watch the video, then make public apologies for that impotent display.
:no

Players and manager were to blame today.  :veryangry

They ALL knew what was at stake and let the fans down BIG time. Yet another disappointing result against a team we should have annihilated off the park.

Toothless attack compounded by the fact that we just don't have any creativity in the final 3rd (the story of the last few years).

I f**king hate the Mancs but if there is one thing they do well it is flood the box and pour men forward when attacking. We just don't do it, why the f**k do we not get men into the box we have the ball?!? The game should have been over by the 20 min mark. But how many times did you see a ball being crossed in with ABSOULATELY no one being in a position to f**king score. Every game its the same bl**dy thing.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games