Amy winehouse - ...is dead

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:14 am

tubby wrote:Hey Dawson, they are asking on 5live how do you control addicts like Amy Winehouse? Call up mate, you got the answers!

if its on 5live it must be true.  :laugh:

Where's lakesie?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:18 am

Ok you can say it's hard to control an addict but if you guys truly believe that they did enough to help her, I just don't believe that for one second. 

I'm gonna go with Dawson on this one..  Everybody knows that it's about money.  For her manager, her family and her friends.  Clearly none of them did enough to help her.  She kept going to rehab and then checking herself out.  If that was my sister or my friend, there's no way in hell I'd let her check herself out, there's just no way.  But that's just the way it is because her so called "friends" like to use her for her cash and they don't want to deal with the drama that comes with it.  Winehouse was an absolute loose cannon, and yes there's no doubt she'd be hard to control, but at the same time if my real friend was in that sort of trouble I'd step in and do what I could.  If my family member was struggling like that, I'd try as hard as I could to help them.  She surrounded herself with plastic friends and her family was so used to reaping in the benefits of her lifestyle that they stopped caring about her enough to do something about it.  They didn't want to deal with her problems so they put it off.

Now she's dead, and yes it's her fault, but if she had any real friends or a respectable family, she wouldn't be dead.  They would spend more time with her and make sure she wasn't able to take those drugs anymore.  They'd do whatever they could to help her.

But they didn't. And she's dead. And there are many other people in the world that deserve sympathy over her.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:50 am

ethanr wrote:Ok you can say it's hard to control an addict but if you guys truly believe that they did enough to help her, I just don't believe that for one second. 

I'm gonna go with Dawson on this one..  Everybody knows that it's about money.  For her manager, her family and her friends.  Clearly none of them did enough to help her.  She kept going to rehab and then checking herself out.  If that was my sister or my friend, there's no way in hell I'd let her check herself out, there's just no way.  But that's just the way it is because her so called "friends" like to use her for her cash and they don't want to deal with the drama that comes with it.  Winehouse was an absolute loose cannon, and yes there's no doubt she'd be hard to control, but at the same time if my real friend was in that sort of trouble I'd step in and do what I could.  If my family member was struggling like that, I'd try as hard as I could to help them.  She surrounded herself with plastic friends and her family was so used to reaping in the benefits of her lifestyle that they stopped caring about her enough to do something about it.  They didn't want to deal with her problems so they put it off.

Now she's dead, and yes it's her fault, but if she had any real friends or a respectable family, she wouldn't be dead.  They would spend more time with her and make sure she wasn't able to take those drugs anymore.  They'd do whatever they could to help her.

But they didn't. And she's dead. And there are many other people in the world that deserve sympathy over her.

"You can bring a horse to water..."

You know the rest of that saying and it's meaning.

I agree with Woof. She loved the needle more than she loved her gift and vastly underachieved because of it. She was given oportunities that many people equally talented, if not more so, will never have, yet she p*ssed it down the drain, and the reason why I've little to no sympathy is that she knew what she was doing.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:16 am

Reg wrote:
tubby wrote:Hey Dawson, they are asking on 5live how do you control addicts like Amy Winehouse? Call up mate, you got the answers!

Where's lakesie?

Back in re-hab

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:54 am

Think of her what you will.. but at some point in her life she was faced with a choice, take smack or leave alone. She chose smack.

Her addiction came as a result of a choice and was of her own free will. She had the money and the time to have detoxed and got herself off it should she have wanted to.

A supreme singing talent. But a flawed person. Now she is dead, but it is no ones fault but her own. The first rule of addiction of any kind is that the addict has to want the help first. She did not want it, or so it has seemed to me.

Dont get me wrong it is very sad. I liked her music.. her voice was inspiring.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:39 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Reg wrote:

Where's lakesie?

Back in re-hab

:D

He keeps seeing gnomes at the bottom of his garden...  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 pm

She was a celeb..(and no disrespect to others that have died recently), and as such she came into people's homes and for many it is personal.
Like someone else said 'it is easy to become emotionally attached to a celeb'. And some people, especially fans, felt a close bond.

It is sad for someone, anyone, to die in such circumstances and especially if they are talented, as Amy was.

IMO she had a tremendous voice which will now be her legacy.

I only hope that this loss of "...a beautiful and talented woman..." as Russell Brand put it will make others sit up and think hard...

before getting involved in drugs which only destroy anything good and ruin precious lives.

As for her family, I don't know much about them, but from what I've seen they looked like an ordinary family who cared for their daughter and found themselves helpless in a situation which spiralled out of control.
Last edited by shanks72 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum