Amy winehouse - ...is dead

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Another talented singer in the 27 club ...Janis Joplin ,Jim Morrison ,Jimi Hendrix ,Kurt Cobain, all outrageously gifted ,all dead at 27 .
R.I.P Amy :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Im sorry but I fail to feel any sympathy for them mate - they made their own choices and must deal with those choices they made - only one person to blame for their deaths - themselves .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 pm

what about Kurt Cobain, clearly murdered :D

Its mad that 27 seems a key age, there's a list of people on wiki who were 27. She had talent of that there is no doubt but her music wasn't really my thing and she was always an accident waiting to happen. Heart goes to those close to her though, I remember her dad making numerous comments about her, he must be gutted about the realisation of everything
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Im sorry but I fail to feel any sympathy for them mate - they made their own choices and must deal with those choices they made - only one person to blame for their deaths - themselves .

You don't feel sympathy for someone who dies? I do regardless if their problems were self inflicted or not. Yes she had all the money in the world to do whatever she wanted but she obviously had some personal issues that couldn't go away so she turned to alcohol and drugs. Addiction is a disease too.

And as Roberto pointed out RIP to those in Norway too. That already had it's own thread hence I didn't mention it here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Yes it's sad the effects it will have on their family - they are the real sufferers .

Sky currently have this as their main headline while BBC have the Olso shooting .

Plain to see which company appeals to the tabloid driven public .
Benny The Noon

Postby Madmax » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:13 pm

I think her drug dealer will be upset, business will go downhill im affraid.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Yes it's sad the effects it will have on their family - they are the real sufferers .

Sky currently have this as their main headline while BBC have the Olso shooting .

That and she was British so naturally there will be an inclination to report on it. TBH It doens't matter if it was her or someone else, when an artist dies that sort of thing usually is all over the front pages everywhere.

I don't think it's a case of them saying this is more important than events in Norway but it just happened a few hours ago so it was hardly going to be ignored.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:14 pm

Greavesie wrote:what about Kurt Cobain, clearly murdered :D

Its mad that 27 seems a key age, there's a list of people on wiki who were 27. She had talent of that there is no doubt but her music wasn't really my thing and she was always an accident waiting to happen. Heart goes to those close to her though, I remember her dad making numerous comments about her, he must be gutted about the realisation of everything

I always thought that Pete Doherty kno.b head would drop dead first and that would shake Winehouse up into cleaning up her act.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 pm

not only that Bav but its easier to develop an emotional understanding and attachment to one individual than it is to 90 odd strangers. I understand the two things are completely separate. On the face of it one is a tragedy while the other is a junkie running out of her 9 lives but there will be plenty people who there who have followed Amy for years and will be gutted by it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Another talented singer in the 27 club ...Janis Joplin ,Jim Morrison ,Jimi Hendrix ,Kurt Cobain, all outrageously gifted ,all dead at 27 .

Winehouse outrageously gifted? She was alright, not in the same league as the others mate!

I'm with Benny, not really fussed. Of course id rather she didnt die, but will it alter my day? Nah... now the Norqway thing, thats a fecking tragedy, probably moved to page 5 so we can read 4 pages of Amys life and how she was ruined by Pete Doherty or some bullsh!t
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 pm

tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Yes it's sad the effects it will have on their family - they are the real sufferers .

That and she was British so naturally there will be an inclination to report on it. TBH It doens't matter if it was her or someone else, when an artist dies that sort of thing usually is all over the front pages everywhere.

I don't think it's a case of them saying this is more important than events in Norway but it just happened a few hours ago so it was hardly going to be ignored.

Its a byline. A hasbeen who hasnt done anythjing decent in years except stay out of jail somehow died of a drug overdose we all knew would happen. Romeo done.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Greavesie wrote:not only that Bav but its easier to develop an emotional understanding and attachment to one individual than it is to 90 odd strangers. I understand the two things are completely separate. On the face of it one is a tragedy while the other is a junkie running out of her 9 lives but there will be plenty people who there who have followed Amy for years and will be gutted by it

Mate the media over here have had an obsession with her for god knows how long. When she was at her lowest point she was in the papers on almost a daily basis. I don't think that helped either, but it's hard to judge from the outside looking in.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:25 pm

dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Another talented singer in the 27 club ...Janis Joplin ,Jim Morrison ,Jimi Hendrix ,Kurt Cobain, all outrageously gifted ,all dead at 27 .

Winehouse outrageously gifted? She was alright, not in the same league as the others mate!

I'm with Benny, not really fussed. Of course id rather she didnt die, but will it alter my day? Nah... now the Norqway thing, thats a fecking tragedy, probably moved to page 5 so we can read 4 pages of Amys life and how she was ruined by Pete Doherty or some bullsh!t

Not that was a big fan or anything Dawson but I do recognize that Back to Black was huge album and pretty much stared her off on that lifestyle. I'm not really fussed either but im home on a saturday night so im obviously in a mood for a chinwag.

I could just as easily say the Nowary thing didn't alter my day either. Well actually that's not true, a friend of mine lives in Oslo so I had to get in touch with her this morning to check she was ok but aside from that? Yes it's sad but people die ever day in places like Afghanistan or Palestine. Am I a kunt for saying that?

I think people need to get of their high horse about what constitutes page 1 material on a newspaper. If you don't want to hear about then dont' watch the news and don't buy any papers for the next few weeks. All major news outlets will still be reporting the Oslo incident, don't be so naive. 

Simples
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:28 pm

tubby wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Not that was a big fan or anything Dawson but I do recognize that Back to Black was huge album and pretty much stared her off on that lifestyle. I'm not really fussed either but im home on a saturday night so im obviously in a mood for a chinwag.

I could just as easily say the Nowary thing didn't alter my day either. Well actually that's not true, a friend of mine lives in Oslo so I had to get in touch with her this morning to check she was ok but aside from that? Yes it's sad but people die ever day in places like Afghanistan or Palestine. Am I a kunt for saying that?

I think people need to get of their high horse about what constitutes page 1 material on a newspaper. If you don't want to hear about then dont' watch the news and don't buy any papers for the next few weeks. All major news outlets will still be reporting the Oslo incident, don't be so naive. 

Simples

Its not that though, its welfare claiming Jeremy Kyle watching morons who buy heat magazine and would rather know about one drug addled death than something as horrifc as Oslo. And yeah her first album was good, but hardly changed the face of music, and the world in general that the others mentioned did.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:45 pm

dawson99 wrote:
tubby wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Simples

Its not that though, its welfare claiming Jeremy Kyle watching morons who buy heat magazine and would rather know about one drug addled death than something as horrifc as Oslo. And yeah her first album was good, but hardly changed the face of music, and the world in general that the others mentioned did.

Back to Black wasn't her first album, it was her 2nd.

And I have to disagree with you I think it was a bit of a game changer, especially in the UK. I suppose it also comes down to what sort of music you are into. I always had a thing for 60's motown and Back to Black drew a lot of comparisons to having that kind of flow to it. God knows how many awards, it won, grammys the lot, it even made the Rolling Stones top 50 albums of the decade, came 20 I think. It went platinum and in most cases multi platinum in just about every country it was released in.

In short your taking shyte mate. Your just pished the Norway thing isn't all everyone is talking about any more. In a way these sort of comments are a bit childish which is why on this occasion I chose to bite. Not a dig at you personally but I really hate it when gimps on here just have to comment when someone dies about how they are not ar.sed. Yet when it's not affecting someone they have a genuine disinterest in the crocodile tears come out, fark off. I think it's disrespectful and distasteful. If they don't have anything decent to say they should really just keep their traps shut.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum