Dead wrestlers - Old heroes now dead

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby destro » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 pm

The last time I watched any sort of Wrestling, all this modern sh!t today makes me cringe. I am amazed it has such a huge following
destro

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Yokozuna died in Liverpool i think

he did, cant believe how many have died due to heart related conditions, unbelievable, never knew how many had died

Thing is mate when you are that built your weight is such that you are probably clinically obese and that's where heart conditions can develop.

Although it is prescripted they still put their bodies through a hell of a lot of damage. Watch 'The Wrestler'. I know that is a movie but that is a very good account of real life on the Indie wrestling circuit.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:19 pm

I took my son to Sheffield to watch all the top American wrestlers years ago. I had no real interest in it when I went, but they put on a really great show and we had a great time.

I used to work with The British Bulldog's sister or cousin (can't remember now which) and she was so proud of what he was achieving in the states. Sad to think he died a few years later.
account deleted by request

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:07 am

on you tube, check out a canadian show called "of the record" they interview all the wrestlers when there not in character and you learn so much about what happens behind the scenes, it's quite shocking how competetive it is behind the scenes, with wrestlers constantly stabbing each other in the back to get to the top.

On the subject of steroid abuse in the business, from watching that show i learnt that most dont take it too look good, they use it to recover from injurys faster, many get addicted to pain killers as well. Wrestlers work up to 5 shows a week for most of the year and many dont want to take extended periods of time off out of fear that there spot may be taken by a younger up and coming newcomer.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:46 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:on you tube, check out a canadian show called "of the record" they interview all the wrestlers when there not in character and you learn so much about what happens behind the scenes, it's quite shocking how competetive it is behind the scenes, with wrestlers constantly stabbing each other in the back to get to the top.

On the subject of steroid abuse in the business, from watching that show i learnt that most dont take it too look good, they use it to recover from injurys faster, many get addicted to pain killers as well. Wrestlers work up to 5 shows a week for most of the year and many dont want to take extended periods of time off out of fear that there spot may be taken by a younger up and coming newcomer.

sounds like a nasty business to be like, might check that out and get a good insight
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Madmax » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:05 am

I used to love watching WWF was around 5/6 years old then.. Used to love the fights between hulk hogan and earthquake. Also undertaker he was the don.. Ahh man those were the days.. Other cool wrestlers were the legion of doom, texas tornado, snake, haksaw jim dugan, macho man etc...
Yeah they did change to WWE and the last few things i remember before i quit watching was this new world order shyte or whatever..
Sad to see them die of a young age..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:19 am

i have always and will always hate the WWF/WWE as more sex and politics got involved. it wasnt wrestling anymore. it was like a soap opera with too much trash talk. im a huge fan of WCW with Sting, Bret Hart, NWO, etc and now i just watch TNA. the Motor City Machine Guns pretty awesome :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:07 am

Remember that show down with hulk vrs warrior it was the nuts all was downhill after that.  :buttrock
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:20 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bam » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Big Niall wrote:I used to love WWF (or WWE as it is now) when I was a kid and after another wrestler died last week in his 30s, I thought of the guy (chris benoit)that killed all his family and himself a year or so ago and another (gurerro I think)who killed himself before that.

I went onto google and saw that many of my childhood heroes died (mostly about 40 years old), Mr Perfect Kurt Henning, Ravishing Rick Rude, The big boss man, Earthquake, Yokozuna, even the eyecandy Elizabeth and sensational sherry are both dead among many others.

Why doesn't Vince McMahon clear this up by banning steroids?

http://prowrestling.about.com/od....ths.htm

I'm sorry but they were no heroes of mine, pure cheese & puss.

Although back in the day this dude was awright  :D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:35 pm

I used to liek Stone Cold Steve Austin, is he still around?

No doubt Mick McManus is long gone.........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Reg wrote:I used to liek Stone Cold Steve Austin, is he still around?

Stone Cold, isnt that a bit after your time  :D

Thats more my time, I lost interest around 99/2000, probably grew out of it, an it turned rubbish

Sh.ite these days, I can imagine its even sh.iter to the old timers
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Reg wrote:I used to liek Stone Cold Steve Austin, is he still around?

Read his biog mate it's really good. Before he made it big in WCW he went through a lot of :censored: on the indie circuit.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:42 am

stmichael wrote:I miss the old days :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xs8EqDa-_A

fab miss all that...
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i have always and will always hate the WWF/WWE as more sex and politics got involved. it wasnt wrestling anymore. it was like a soap opera with too much trash talk. im a huge fan of WCW with Sting, Bret Hart, NWO, etc and now i just watch TNA. the Motor City Machine Guns pretty awesome :D

Yeah used to watch WCW aswel and loved sting.. His entrace always used to to ace..
Ever since i hit my teens i kind of go fed up of the the shyte and since then i prefer boxing, kickboxing and MMA fights. Love boxing the most though!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum