Can some please clear this up for me?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby policy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:26 pm

I was watching the manure game and it seemed that the scum were playing pretty dirty throughout the match: Adding a little exclamation to every slide tackle and defensive play. When the bookings started rapid firing later in the second half, it didn't seem like the manure players were playing rougher, but that the refs just decided to start calling the players on their rough tactics.

Understanding that this is a heated game, is extra roughness  just accepted because this was an EPL game? I am new to soccer, and am glad that Rafa is so classy as not to make excuses, but seeing how Mourinho is absolutely rabid of Fergie's dirty tactics, could someone please enlighten me?
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:29 pm

football is a tough physical game here in england at the best of times. heated games between arch rivals just ups the ante even more. all the 'top 3' bosses - ferguson, mourinho and wenger - love to call each other names and throw soup about.

hope that clears it up a bit mate :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:38 pm

And pizza :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:08 am

Thanks guys. I was sleepy eyed when watching the game so I have to ask, "Was Stevie G getting schooled by Keane?" Keane many times looked like he wanted to show SG who owned the midfield. I know that SG had a groin injury, but who do we have as enforcers so that we can rough our opposition up ?
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion