Just to clear this up - So everyone knows

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:54 am

I KNOW THIS IS ALREADY ON ANOTHER THREAD BUT I WANT TO POST THIS MESSAGE SO EVERYONE CAN SEE IT. AND I'M GONNA SEND IT TO THE JOURNO'S IF I CAN. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY GOOD E-MAIL ADDRESSES FOR PRESS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT???

A LETTER TO LIVERPOOLFC.TV FROM A MILLWALL FAN
Liverpoolfc.tv 27 October 2004

Following last night's events at the New Den when Liverpool fans were subjected to taunts about the Hillsborough disaster from home supporters, we have received this letter from a Millwall fan.

"I would just like to apologise to the Liverpool supporters for the disgraceful Hillsborough taunts at last night's game. I've been a Millwall fan all my life and have witnessed many low points in the club's recent history, from being a schoolboy at Luton in the quarter finals, to the near end of the club after the riot after the Birmingham play-offs.

"There were many thousands of other fans in the ground who feel the same as myself, that tragedies like Hillsborough should not be used for baiting away support, and I hope that the majority of Liverpool fans can understand that.

"There will always be an element of the crowd willing to use such taunts, and as the years pass I can only hope they become fewer and fewer. I've no problem with banter between fans as this adds to the atmosphere but there are some things that should be left alone.

"So on behalf of the majority of Millwall football fans I wish you all the very best in the next round of the competition and for the rest of the season.

God Bless & Good Luck 
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:03 am

www.letters@independent.co.uk
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:59 am

That isn't a valid website :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:05 pm

That letter comes from a long time member of the Millwall site we linked with yesterday.I think its genuine.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:33 pm

Try,
     www.independent.co.uk for the web site and the page address is http://comment.independent.co.uk/letters/

letters@independent.co.uk is the email address.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:14 pm

Jim,
    the Daily Express has already run the story on page 92 under the title of:
'Baros reads the riot act'         
      ''However an anonymous writer claiming to be a Millwall fan wrote to Liverpool's official website yesterday saying : I would just like to apologise etc,''
Their Website address http://www.express.co.uk/
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:36 pm

Mick,
      Also published in Liverpool Echo;
     http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion